Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-07-2018, 11:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

A National Global I.D.

https://www.endtime.com/wp-content/u...April-2012.pdf
Old 07-08-2018, 07:30 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: A National Global I.D.

The Circle, a movie about social media:

Make no mistake: “The Circle” is not a great movie by any means.
However, it is a movie I would highly recommend that every American see. Although we’re not even halfway through 2017, it’s hard to believe Hollywood will release a more conservative movie this year.

I have not seen a contemporary film that does a better job of deconstructing the fake utopian schemes of progressivism. I only doubt whether that was the movie’s actual purpose … or the filmmakers couldn’t help but subconsciously go there, given the subject matter.

Just look at the movie’s main characters.
The heroine, Mae Holland, is portrayed by Emma Watson, of “Harry Potter” fame (who, in real life, fancies herself a sophisticated young spokeswoman for progressive causes). Yet her character is your typical millennial snowflake, languishing in a going-nowhere customer service phone-bank job (despite the highly worthwhile art history degree she went into debt to obtain).

Furthermore, she even naively encourages her fellow millennials to click social media “frowns” on a piece of protest art, in order to send a stern message to the oppressive regime it’s protesting.

You can’t make this stuff up — except there’s more.

Meanwhile, megastar Tom Hanks basically plays a sinister hybrid of Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg, a chill genius-mogul who demands casual dress at work and likes to surf the California waves before the workday. Hanks’ character, Eamon Bailey, is the world’s foremost progressive icon as head of The Circle mega-corporation and even goes so far as to say in the movie that he “believes in the perfectibility of man.”

Nevertheless, behind the scenes, Bailey’s just another “do as I say, not as I do” limousine liberal. He once more proves progressivism’s inherent flaw: human nature is not basically good, man is fallen, and on his own (without the help of God), he cannot hope to rise above his fallen nature.

Then there’s Mae’s love interest, Mercer, played by Ellar Coltrane. He’s a would-be boyfriend for Watson’s character and is suspicious of a cozy alliance between Big Business and Big Government. To put it another way, he prefers a real life to the fake one peddled by progressivism’s alliance between Isengard and Mordor.
Mercer desires to live off the grid and works with his hands, running a small business making deer-antler ornaments. He even drives a pickup truck, and he is constantly hounded as a “deer killer” by hordes of The Circle’s most devoted progressives (which are essentially a caricature of Berkley’s current student body).

Along the way, The Circle uses health care as the means to gain control over the average American’s life. Sound familiar?

The Circle even proposes a government mandate for purchasing its social media product (to make you a more responsible citizen, of course). Yeah … that sounds familiar, too. It’s even pointed out that nobody at The Circle has any kids, and staff members are encouraged to abandon their families in exchange for joining the collective instead.
Seriously, I’m not sure how we, conservatives, could get this movie made if we actually tried.

Heck, the movie even shows how we’re more connected with each other than ever before — but, perhaps, less fulfilled and more spiritually starved than ever before as well. Mae Holland exposes her complete life to the social media world, and the comments from the millions following her depict mostly sad, shallow, and empty lives.

In other words, while progressing technologically, we are regressing socially and relationally. For no technology can fill the God-shaped void in all our hearts. A virtual world cannot be a substitute for the fulfillment found in loving our neighbor as we love ourselves here, in the real world.

Like the better (and more brutally) made “Get Out” released earlier this year, “The Circle” turns progressivism on itself. The film’s ultimate conclusion is that the accoutrements of progressivism — material success, intellectual enlightenment, technological advancement, and utilitarian ethics — ultimately cannot satisfy the existential longing each of us has. In fact, believing otherwise leads to tyranny, as the very people progressivism claims to help the most always become its foremost victims.

Now, “The Circle,” and director James Ponsoldt, don’t point the audience to the alternative — but that’s where we come in.

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...movie-of-2017/

Last edited by Amanah; 07-08-2018 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

All the lame stream reviewers hate it. Which is to be expected.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

The man, Irvin Baxter, appears to be a false prophet.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Sister Alvear

Why?

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 07-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armapeet.Singh View Post
Because as the scripture says in Deuteronomy 18:20-22 "But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. [21] And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? [22] When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armapeet.Singh View Post
Old 07-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Because as the scripture says in Deuteronomy 18:20-22 "But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. [21] And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? [22] When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."
Old 07-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Ok, ill bite, instead of just looking on with huh?

What exactly is the prophecy Bro. Baxter has made that is unfulfilled in its time?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Saved & Shaved

The OP is a link to an old magazine. Followed by a movie review. Then a turrets post stating that Baxter is a false prophet. Followed by a post of scriptures to support that idea, with no commentary.
My sentiments about this thread? Please see avatar.