Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 10-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneEyre View Post
I thought that is what I had heard - however, maybe she thinks he's going to become famous and they'll both gain financially. I can't understand her reasoning...This is the most bizarre situation I have ever heard of for a former Oneness preacher. I am sure there must be many out there.

And i think this is what is shocking to a lot of people. It seems like people today are so bold and brazen.

In some small way, i think it's good for people to see what's going on in the church today. it's time out for being Niave and pretending that all is well. It's obvious that we are in the endtime battle. I find it diffucult to understand how the church in general seems to have its heads in the sand as if we want to keep living in some type of spiritual Alice and Wonderland.

We've heard of people going astray for years but NEVER to this degree. It seems like it's contant now. I wonder, are we in the great falling away?
many believe the falling away already happend but i wonder.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

I always doubted his conversion I felt bad. No I am not that spiritual I have been folled many times and no doubt will again. But to me it came from his head and not his heart. He was likable and a very skilled speaker. But let'e be careful if his wife's family posts here they have been hurt the most.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Invisible Thad

Jane,

If you also recall, they are doing a documentary on his life as an ultra conservative to what he is now. so, WHO is keeping this quiet?
you know they will likey paint his life as a Pentecostal as some type of oppressive jim Jones cult making us all out to look bad
Old 10-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
And i think this is what is shocking to a lot of people. It seems like people today are so bold and brazen.

In some small way, i think it's good for people to see what's going on in the church today. it's time out for being Niave and pretending that all is well. It's obvious that we are in the endtime battle. I find it diffucult to understand how the church in general seems to have its heads in the sand as if we want to keep living in some type of spiritual Alice and Wonderland.

We've heard of people going astray for years but NEVER to this degree. It seems like it's contant now. I wonder, are we in the great falling away?
many believe the falling away already happend but i wonder.
There is a caveat to exposing this too much. What about someone who is naive who might read this and think - well, look at what this person did and he is in a movie. Maybe it's alright. Maybe I can fall and get patted on the back and get put in a movie. Our young people are not getting to see good example sometimes...They are seeing bad examples and sometimes even ministers condoning the wrongs of others. Surely others won't condone his behavior....or misbehavior.

He's not in the church ...He is in the world, but I know what you mean - people who have left the church.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I always doubted his conversion I felt bad. No I am not that spiritual I have been folled many times and no doubt will again. But to me it came from his head and not his heart. He was likable and a very skilled speaker. But let'e be careful if his wife's family posts here they have been hurt the most.
Yes....I know some of the ultra cons who knew him.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
There is a caveat to exposing this too much. What about someone who is naive who might read this and think - well, look at what this person did and he is in a movie. Maybe it's alright. Maybe I can fall and get patted on the back and get put in a movie.

He's not in the church ...He is in the world, but I know what you mean - people who have left the church.
I think that this is the down side to the new world we call the internet.
The internet has given church people the opportunity to talk about things that years ago we would never been allowed to question.

I think you have a point jane, but in this case where someone who use to preach one thing but is now PUBICALLY denouncing truth, we have the right to refute it
Old 10-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Jane,

If you also recall, they are doing a documentary on his life as an ultra conservative to what he is now. so, WHO is keeping this quiet?
you know they will likey paint his life as a Pentecostal as some type of oppressive jim Jones cult making us all out to look bad
The ultra cons didn't bring him to this. He brought himself to this. More than likely he may place some of the blame on his "strict church"...If I understand correctly, he did not start to the ultra con church until after he graduated from a Baptist Bible College. The Devil enjoys trying to show the world that "there is nothing" to a Christian walk - especially a Oneness Pentecostal Christian walk. I believe he lived in Hollywood for a while. Not saying this is the case, but some people will do anything for a dollar.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
The ultra cons didn't bring him to this. He brought himself to this. More than likely he may place some of the blame on his "strict church"...If I understand correctly, he did not start to the ultra con church until after he graduated from a Baptist Bible College. The Devil enjoys trying to show the world that "there is nothing" to a Christian walk - especially a Oneness Pentecostal Christian walk. I believe he lived in Hollywood for a while. Not saying this is the case, but some people will do anything for a dollar.
I believe he took over an AG or former AG church in Hollywood thus the meeting up with jay Baker.

socali, wasn't he still preaching in the UPC while merging withthe above?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
I believe he took over an AG or former AG church in Hollywood thus the meeting up with jay Baker.

Thad...when he took that church, I have no clue what type of church it was. Yours Truly would know......definately connected to the situation.

I think he was still preaching UPC at the time...but it diminished quickly...along with other things.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Exclamation

Quote:

Hey... church starts in 15 minutes. What are you doing posting on AFF?