Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Holiness includes being LIKE the Father.

14: As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16: Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. 1 Peter 1:14-16

Whatever sense the Father is HOLY we are also expected to be.

It also includes being OBEDIENT as in verse 14. No one is holy to Jesus who is not obedient to his teaching.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

What? Is 11 posts all the forum can muster about holiness? Is anything (excepting Jesus) more important?

How about this?

Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father which is in Heaven is perfect. Matt. 5:48

This scripture in my opinion carries every bit as much weight as Acts 2:38.

We are told to be holy and to be perfect.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 AM
America, bless God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
What? Is 11 posts all the forum can muster about holiness? Is anything (excepting Jesus) more important?

How about this?

Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father which is in Heaven is perfect. Matt. 5:48

Again, amen. When we understand that holiness only comes from The Holy Ghost dwelling and functioning in our lives it is further evidence that salvation and eternal life is impossible without us being filled the Holy Ghost.

This is the message of the gospel! It is the power of God and the process in which He brings us into salvation! He makes our hearts holy when He enters. We must then allow Him to increase in our lives to wash us, and make our vessels holy.

But sadly, it has become corrupted; with misunderstanding and false teaching, posturing, and pride, and attitudes, and strife. I have said too much. I hope and pray I haven't brought strife into this thread.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

The word "perfect" being mature and complete, correct?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChTatum View Post
The word "perfect" being mature and complete, correct?
Well it does carry that meaning. So with that in mind we are commanded to be MATURE even as the Father is mature. Do you think one who is mature even as the Father is mature will go in sinning?

Here is a precise understanding on what it means for the disciple to be perfect and complete.

12: Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. Col. 4:12

Our purpose in life is to stand perfect and complete in ALL THE WILL OF GOD!

Perfection in Christian context has to do with doing the will of God. Very much the same as holiness.

Matter of fact I invite you to look at it from a scripture that unites both concepts in one.

1: Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Cor. 7:1

PERFECTING HOLINESS....

That involves cleansing ourselves (by the Spirit) of ALL filthiness of the flesh and spirit.

How much? ALL!

So yes it means mature and complete but THAT brings us to the fact that there is no filthiness to remain in our lives whether of the spirit or of the flesh.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Not according to the biblical word "kodesh." It means something "set apart."
Set apart from what ? Set apart from sin.Eph.5:3: But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;4: Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.5: For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God
Gal.5:19: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,20: Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,21: Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God
24: And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts

1 Cor.6:9: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,(Homosexuals)10: Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God

1 John3:3: And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.4: Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.5: And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.6: Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him

1 John3:7: Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.8: He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.9: Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

Gal.4:19: My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you
1Peter1:22: Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23: Being born again, not of corruptible seed,(word) but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever

Eph.5:25: Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;26: That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,27: That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish

Heb10:10: By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ(The word) once for all

1 John2:5: But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6: He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked
Old 03-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Holy Unto The Lord

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. (1Peter 1:13-16)

Holiness is the life one lives, after salvation, as empowered by the Holy Spirit, as a witness and a praise unto the Lord our God, Jesus Christ. It is a walk, talk, dress, attitude, and thought process which the Lord has called to be set apart from the world, as a witness to and against the world, convicting them of their sins. It is the empowerment of a believer to live in a fashion that is pleasing unto the Lord.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Amen to Joel and Bro. Price.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:34 AM
God's Son

The post count can go considerably higher when one begins to post what rules they have to follow to be holy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

How about this?

Old 03-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
The post count can go considerably higher when one begins to post what rules they have to follow to be holy...
Hi tv,

I believe we are to follow the entire New Testament. Do the do's dont do the dont's. And yes it should go without saying that this is built out of a love relationship with Yeshua the Messiah and empowered by his Spirit.