Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

Re: Why don't we see healings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Robbins View Post
Why? I shared a wonderful miracle that I've seen recently, and others have talked about miracles will follow a consecrated and dedicated church... so to me, it's a challenging and hopeful thread.... God hasn't changed, we have... therefore, if we want to see a return to these kinds of moves in our midst... maybe we need to change back????
Amen! True.

I said "depressing" because of unanswered healing in the body of Christ.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 PM
All Because Jesus...

Oh absolutely... thanks so much for the clarification...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:24 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Last night I received a text message from a young minister friend. He asked "Why don't we see healings?" I was getting ready for work and replied that I'd have an answer for him today. I thought about it through my shift, and honestly, I don't know what to say to him.

Your thoughts??
Tell him to watch Benny Hinn. lol
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM
All Because Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Tell him to watch Benny Hinn. lol
but not immediately after he's eaten if he wants to keep his meal down...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post
Amen! True.

I said "depressing" because of unanswered healing in the body of Christ.

Ya, we agree there, I'm sure.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I sort of have two responses, not necessarily answers... I still see healings, not to the degree we did growing up, but still do. Just saw a 5 year old that had coke bottle thick glasses, developmental issues, and braces on her legs healed in a sunday night service at our church a month ago. She no longer even looks like she has Downs or sometime of disfunction in her face anymore. She walks just fine, able to talk like any 5 year old should, and doesn't wear the glasses anymore. She's as healthy as can be.

From all of my missionary friends, it would seem that abroad there are just as many miracles and healings going on as ever. Maybe the difference in the US has to do with our lack of true hunger for the Lord. We've lost our desperation... He's usually our last or next to last alternative for healing... not our only. The difference in the modern day church in lack of power, miracles, signs, wonders, converts, true religion that is undefiled, etc... all has to do with us, and how we've changed.....
My curiosity is huge on this one! I would love to see her DNA profile to look for chromosone changes. To my knowledge Trisomy 21 has never spontaneously resolved in the history of man. It would be completely documentable because it is a genetic abnormality and her DNA would be part and parcel of her diagnosis.

If you would, please ask the parents if they would be willing to have their previously Downs daughter tested to see if she is now chromosonaly normal. What a win for God if they could prove that!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
My curiosity is huge on this one! I would love to see her DNA profile to look for chromosone changes. To my knowledge Trisomy 21 has never spontaneously resolved in the history of man. It would be completely documentable because it is a genetic abnormality and her DNA would be part and parcel of her diagnosis.

If you would, please ask the parents if they would be willing to have their previously Downs daughter tested to see if she is now chromosonaly normal. What a win for God if they could prove that!
That was awesome.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I really appreciate Hoovie's response. The provincial hand of God for sure determines the outcome, whether the healing is here or on the other side.

I mentioned the 5 year old that we saw instantaneously healed in church on Sunday night a few weeks ago. She was unable to walk without braces or see without her coke bottle glasses. She looked, and operated as a child with Down's would. Never spoke before.

That very night, she was able to run around the church with no braces... can see without glasses. In two weeks, full sentences like a 5 year old should speak. Doctors are saying no sign now of developmental issues whatsoever... even the eyes and the drooping on her face normalized.... It was a miracle.

But I have a coworker whose infant son needs a heart transplant or a new heart from the Lord in a couple of weeks or he'll die... but no answer of healing there.

I don't know why, but I do know that God has a view of the overall plan that I don't see.
What church do you attend? It would be worth the airfare to meet this child and her parents.... well to me it would. Say the word and I'll use my Delta miles in a flash!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:40 PM
All Because Jesus...

Smile Re: Why don't we see healings?

Quote:

I think you may have misunderstood me... Never said or didn't mean to imply she had Downs Syndrome, but she was developmentally challenged, and looked Downs in the face... but to my knowledge, they never said she was Downs... but all the other things are in the process of being documented by the doctors right now. Our church has a documentation process before we publish miracles claimed to have happened in our altars so that we make sure the claims are able to stand the muster of questions that might arise. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
What church do you attend? It would be worth the airfare to meet this child and her parents.... well to me it would. Say the word and I'll use my Delta miles in a flash!
I thought I had read of a case like this already? Keep us posted!