Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
I am flattered to have been the object of such close scrutiny and analysis.

And flattery prohibits response?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChTatum View Post
And flattery prohibits response?
My Brother, response to what?

I guess I could say that whoever I fellowship doesn't embrace heresies contradicting Pauline doctrinal premises...

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
My Brother, response to what?

I guess I could say that whoever I fellowship doesn't embrace heresies contradicting Pauline doctrinal premises...
Any extra biblical traditions taught? Any incredible leaps in logic in applying scripture?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Registered Member

Nothing new about this church order same ole latter splatter stuff the IMA did in the 50's. The 'doctrine of NO doctrine.' A umbrella for false doctrines and false teachers. There is NOT ONE uc in this group!!!!!! You cannot be a UC and fellowship these false doctrines.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Nothing new about this church order same ole latter splatter stuff the IMA did in the 50's. The 'doctrine of NO doctrine.' A umbrella for false doctrines and false teachers. There is NOT ONE uc in this group!!!!!! You cannot be a UC and fellowship these false doctrines.
That's because many UCs revel in their own false teaching and heresies such as:

Salvational Holiness Dress Standards - false doctrine
Magic Hair - false doctrine
Baptismal Regeneration - false doctrine
Tongues or Hell - false doctrine
Salvific and prosperity tithing- false doctrine
Pastoral abuse/manipulation/dictatorship - dumb and unethical
Some never formally charged w/ immoral sin- dumb and unethical
Some preach prosperity doctrine - dumb
Some preach Word of faith "blab it and grab it" - dumb
Some believe heritage/ "man-made" traditions over the Word - dumb
Closed fellowship: dumber
Old 08-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Any extra biblical traditions taught? Any incredible leaps in logic in applying scripture?

By extra-biblical traditions and logic leaps I am sure you mean standards for the most parts.

Though we would differ on our definitions of those things, I will admit that I fellowship men who hold views more extreme than my own in this area.

However, there is a world of difference between a man having convictions in areas of outward separation, and a man teaching heretical doctrines concerning salvation or the nature and person of Christ.

The two are light years apart.

The door of the Kingdom is the New Birth. If that doctrine isn't taught, it doesn't matter what else a ministry may be right about...no one is getting in the Kingdom.

So trying to compare the perhaps extreme views of some conservatives with the teachings of men who don't even preach the truth of salvation is like comparing apples and hippos. It won't fly.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

Old 08-24-2007, 06:47 AM
johnmark93

Quote:
By extra-biblical traditions and logic leaps I am sure you mean standards for the most parts.

Though we would differ on our definitions of those things, I will admit that I fellowship men who hold views more extreme than my own in this area.

However, there is a world of difference between a man having convictions in areas of outward separation, and a man teaching heretical doctrines concerning salvation or the nature and person of Christ.

The two are light years apart.

The door of the Kingdom is the New Birth. If that doctrine isn't taught, it doesn't matter what else a ministry may be right about...no one is getting in the Kingdom.

So trying to compare the perhaps extreme views of some conservatives with the teachings of men who don't even preach the truth of salvation is like comparing apples and hippos. It won't fly.
While I agree that the standards themselves are not false doctrine, the way they are taught is. Some have elevated these standards to the same level of John 3:16, John 3:5 and Acts 2:38.

These conservatives are teaching a different New Birth than Paul did. It is as if sins are not forgiven unless proper works can be shown. Adding to the message of the New Birth is just as bad as not teaching it at all.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmark93 View Post
While I agree that the standards themselves are not false doctrine, the way they are taught is. Some have elevated these standards to the same level of John 3:16, John 3:5 and Acts 2:38.

These conservatives are teaching a different New Birth than Paul did. It is as if sins are not forgiven unless proper works can be shown. Adding to the message of the New Birth is just as bad as not teaching it at all.
Their teachings on remission, justification, sanctification, and regeneration are in step w/ the Catholic church.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Their teachings on remission, justification, sanctification, and regeneration are in step w/ the Catholic church.
And yours is in step with the Baptists.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:38 AM
arbitrary subjective label

Quote:
And yours is in step with the Baptists.
SLAM DUNK!

Despite today's rising cost of living, it remains popular.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin