Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: If you attend a UPCI church,do you consider yourself a member of the UPCI fellowship
Though I am unlicensed I AM a member of the UPCI 5 23.81%
No, only licensed, dues paying ministers are members of the UPCI 9 42.86%
UPCI what? Haney who? Resolution what? Im clueless 2 9.52%
Though I am Unlicensed, because my church is affiliated that makes me a member too of the UPCI 0 0%
Our church is unaffilated and I am unlicensed, but I am still a member of the UPC 1 4.76%
Our church is unaffiliated and I am unlicensed so I am NOT a member of the UPCi 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Go Dodgers!

Are You UPCI?

This is not to those that have left the UPC. This is for everyone that attends a UPCI church or affiliate that does NOT hold a ministerial license.

It was stated here that only those that hold license are in fact members of the fellowship of the UPCI...I saw some quotes that indicates we are ALL considered members, but we do not all have the same privileges or responsibilities..

what say ye?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:01 PM
pentecostisalive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
This is not to those that have left the UPC. This is for everyone that attends a UPCI church or affiliate that does NOT hold a ministerial license.

It was stated here that only those that hold license are in fact members of the fellowship of the UPCI...I saw some quotes that indicates we are ALL considered members, but we do not all have the same privileges or responsibilities..

what say ye?
The UPCI is an ministerial fellowship (organization). To be a member, you need to pay licensing dues. Saints are apart of the local church who just happens to be a UPCI minister. If another preacher was voted in who was not UPCI, then the church would not really be UPCI (unless of course it was affiliated)

This is my understanding of the situation.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Go Dodgers!

quoted from another post
Quote:
ARTICLE XX
LOCAL ASSEMBLIES

Section 1. Affiliation.

Preamble: All true Pentecostal believers associating themselves in local assemblies, and accepting their full personal share of responsibility for maintenance and promotion of scriptural order in the local body shall have a standard for membership. This standard may be determined altogether by the local assembly itself, providing it does not conflict with the Articles of Faith of the United Pentecostal Church.

It is recommended that each such assembly affiliate itself with the United Pentecostal Church International for the sake of identification, fellowship, cooperation and protection.
Quote:
We wholeheartedly disapprove of our people...
Quote:
RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS

The annual conference is declared to be an international religious holiday for all members, and all members are urged to attend. Furthermore, since the founding of the church occurred on the Day of Pentecost, Pentecost Sunday is also a recognized religious holiday.
Quote:
Section 4. Identification.

1. Each church that is either affiliated with the United Pentecostal Church International or is pastored by a minister who holds license or credentials with the United Pentecostal Church International shall identify by sign or otherwise on the outside of its church building that it is associated with the United Pentecostal Church International.
Quote:
ARTICLE II
MEMBERSHIP

Membership in the United Pentecostal Church International shall consist of all
ministers and missionaries holding an accredited credential or license, and all members of local assemblies which are affiliated with us, and shall be called "Organization."
The last one pretty much calls everyone in UPCI churches "members"

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
quoted from another post

The last one pretty much calls everyone in UPCI churches "members"
Only if the church is affiliated.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Only if the church is affiliated.
OK. then we need another poll option please.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 10-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Go Dodgers!

done

Old 10-13-2007, 06:51 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Oh man, I guess being that I'm licensed I cannot participate.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
done
Dude! I STILL CAN'T VOTE!

I attend a UPC which is not affiliated

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 10-13-2007, 07:18 PM
the ultracon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Dude! I STILL CAN'T VOTE!

I attend a UPC which is not affiliated
Hmmm I attend a progressive new testament church that is not affiliated with the mother ship. Our pastor does however hold licensing with the upci, for now.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
Hmmm I attend a progressive new testament church that is not affiliated with the mother ship. Our pastor does however hold licensing with the upci, for now.
I could vote on that one, though I would not surmise on my pastor's intentions in any way.