Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
healer, stupidity, tulsa, unhappy

Old 11-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
The UPCI has been one of the fastest growing churches for years, I believe that would change if a split were to happen.
Really? Where do you find the stats that show the UPCI as one of the fastest growing churches?

And, are you saying that two UPC churches in the same town will bring more growth to the church than if one of them left the UPCI?

Not trying to be argumentative, just curious.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 11-01-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
The UPCI has been one of the fastest growing churches for years, I believe that would change if a split were to happen.
I am scratching my head on this one.

How can a split gather growth?!?!?

The fact the UPCI is shrinking starting with the Youth says volumes, but to say a split would spark growth goes against every recent Barna study that said over all church attendance is down in every church movement.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post

The fact the UPCI is shrinking starting with the Youth says volumes, but to say a split would spark growth goes against every recent Barna study that said over all church attendance is down in every church movement.
I think Easty was saying the opposite. that splitting will hinder growth.

I however think by splitting, the UPCI will be more unified and will have a chance to be more dynamic....provided that unity centers on the right things.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:

I think that BE was saying that if the UPC splits, it will STOP growing.....I think.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 11-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Difference of opinion here... I believe a split would promote growth.. I have never promoted anything such as, I am a part of the fastest growing church in America... I just promote Jesus in my city... To be able to reach my city by the most effective means available to me feels great. Especially now that some won't be looking over my shoulder.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

I however think by splitting, the UPCI will be more unified and will have a chance to be more dynamic....provided that unity centers on the right things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor G View Post
Difference of opinion here... I believe a split would promote growth.. I have never promoted anything such as, I am a part of the fastest growing church in America... I just promote Jesus in my city... To be able to reach my city by the most effective means available to me feels great. Especially now that some won't be looking over my shoulder.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor G View Post
Good stuff, Pastor G. That's the way I feel, as well.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:06 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Really? Where do you find the stats that show the UPCI as one of the fastest growing churches?

And, are you saying that two UPC churches in the same town will bring more growth to the church than if one of them left the UPCI?

Not trying to be argumentative, just curious.
I cannot provide you with stats. (thats okay, you don't have to agree with it) I recieved the knowledge of the UPCI being one of the fastest growing churches through Rev T. French that was based upon his studies when he did research on oneness organizations while in seminary.
I'm not sure what you are asking as far as your second question, but as far as two UPCI churches in one town, if they work together in the same town, then I believe that they could have an effective outreach. The only problem I see with that is the fact that even two United Pentecostal Churches have problems with each other in some towns. I believe it would be better to have one Apostolic church in a town of 10,000 or less (UPC or not), than to have one UPC that split because of grievances and then have two Apostolic churches in that same town.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:

?????? BOOMM, Did you read what I said carefully?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Thats what I'm saying. I was beginning to worry there for a second. LOL! I really don't know that the second part of your statement would be accurate, how can one be more unified by splitting? A house divided against itself cannot stand.