Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Need some travel ideas

Ok, the wife and I have decided..... (ahh for all my foes,, did you notice my wife was actually allowed to help me make the decision.......?) after my surgery in August, which we have decided to have.. we are going to do something we have always wanted to do.

We are going down to the RV dealership and buy us a new RV.. and take a one year road trip around the USA, Canada & Mexico.

Both of our children are homeschooled.. we will be able to take them on educational places that they are learning about such as Liberty Bell.. Gettysburg and so forth......

However, we would also like to make this a spiritual journey as well.. of course we will be visiting alot of the Branham churches along the journey.... but we would also like to find maybe some of the old campmeetings.. where you can actually go and park the RV for a week.. have multiples services each day, with dinner on the ground.. and TRUE FELLOWSHIP.. rather than just running in for an evening service and running out... We are looking for Nostalgia.. the OLD CAMPEETING GROUNDS>...does anyone know of any.. it does not have to be any particular denomination.. except we would like for it to have a HOLINESS feel or theme to it.. we have located on in Virginia that has 10 solid weeks of campmeeting with 3 sevices daily.. free meals and lodging.. and RV hookups.. so we are exited about this trip....

Do you have any places that we MUST SEE? and especially any knowdge of old time campmeetings? We want our children to see "days gone by"

Thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Re: Need some travel ideas

I preach a "homecoming" first Sunday in October every year at New Market VA. 1 mile off I-81. New Market was a cival war battlefield. Was faught by kids in the VMI. There is the farm home and grounds where the battle took place. My son loved it. Laury caverns are there also.

The church is oneness, the baptise in "Lord Jesus Christ" but if the pastor is a Branham I would not know. The service we conduct is music, pastor is 1st cousin to Patsy Cline and the whole family can play and sing, and then I preach a true evangelist word--faith or healing and miracles, ect. Dinner on the ground...fun times.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:37 PM

You can visit great cultural meccas in an RV.

Places like...

Rome. (Georgia)
Vienna. (Illinois)
Vincennes. (Indiana)
Paris. (Missouri)
London. (Ohio)
Old 07-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Administrator

After you go up the West Coast head on up to Alaska through Alberta Canada. I don't know how many cult...er......Branhamite churches you will find there but Canada and Alaska are definitely wonderfl places to take your kids during the summer part of you year. You could bless and be blessed by some small pioneer churches and your kids will see a majestic part of the earth they will never forget. Everybody needs to travel the Alaska Highway at least once.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Don't ask.

Don't miss the "Drive-Thru Tree" in the Redwood forest in California. Might be a tight fit for an RV, but maybe if you get a good running start....
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

You could come to Nashville and go to the Grand Ole Opry! Then, on Sunday you could attend Christ Church. Imagine, you'll have two months worth of sermon material after this visit!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Don't miss the "Drive-Thru Tree" in the Redwood forest in California. Might be a tight fit for an RV, but maybe if you get a good running start....
Perhaps he could ask Nancy Pelosi to stand in the middle of the drive thru so he could aim...er.... make the middle.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
You could come to Nashville and go to the Grand Ole Opry! Then, on Sunday you could attend Christ Church. Imagine, you'll have two months worth of sermon material after this visit!

Sunday night he could visit the Branhamite church with the beautiful new building here in Murfreesboro right outside Nashville. If he hung around a week or two he could also visit the one you sold the piano to and then make his way to the Serpent Seed church right down the road from me here.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 07-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
They won't even let trucks with campers drive through the tree.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Sunday night he could visit the Branhamite church with the beautiful new building here in Murfreesboro right outside Nashville. If he hung around a week or two he could also visit the one you sold the piano to and then make his way to the Serpent Seed church right down the road from me here.
Yes- Apostolic Ark! He could feel right at home!