Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Economic Collapse By Design?

Is our economic collapse, “by design”?

It is common knowledge that right wing extremists in the United States, especially the Dominionists in the religious right, believe in an economic strategy called “Starve the Beast”. Their goal is to cut taxes and run budget deficits until they can essentially cripple the American economy and destabilize the American government so that they can secure their political power and institute their narrow right wing agenda on the American population. Grover Norquist stated their goals when he said,

“My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.”

Ladies and gentlemen….that’s the American government he’s talking about. That’s TREASON.

With headlines about multiple bank failures and dark days ahead cause me to wonder….are they succeeding in their efforts to “Starve the Beast” to implement their own “Beast”?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Re: Economic Collapse By Design?

Never heard of such a thing.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Of course you didn't....look it up.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

silly.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:48 PM
My Family!

Grover Norquist stated their goals when he said,

“My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.”

Funny how that means something totally different to me.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Renewed

Ummmm, actually your making an argument against yourself.

If the economy goes south then the government will do what it is slowly doing now which is take over the banks, the finances,etc. actually making government bigger because then they have to institute social programs for us to survive the recession to come. ie; we obviously cant care for ourselves and our own finances so we need government to do it for us.....etc. etc. This is the left wing agenda.

To create the scenerio you have come up with you would have to work in reverse. Decrease the deficit, decrease social progams, decrease government size thus creating a sense that government was no longer needed. This is the right wing agenda.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Grover Norquist stated their goals when he said,

Funny how that means something totally different to me.

You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 10-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

I have wondered if it is by design, but frankly I doubt that the religious right has had anything to do with it. If anyone has had anything to do with it it would be more likely that it is an elitist, secretive group that no one has a clue about. And, we likely never will. So, speculation is kind of pointless.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 10-09-2008, 01:52 PM
My Family!

I actually like this quote from Norquist -

"Why shouldn't the state help the needy?", in the television adaptation of Status Anxiety, Norquist replied, "Because to do that, you would have to steal money from people who earned it and give it to people who didn't.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Ummmm, actually your making an argument against yourself.

If the economy goes south then the government will do what it is slowly doing now which is take over the banks, the finances,etc. actually making government bigger because then they have to institute social programs for us to survive the recession to come. ie; we obviously cant care for ourselves and our own finances so we need government to do it for us.....etc. etc. This is the left wing agenda.

To create the scenerio you have come up with you would have to work in reverse. Decrease the deficit, decrease social progams, decrease government size thus creating a sense that government was no longer needed. This is the right wing agenda.
yes but if you have decided to hate the right and have decided that christians are really the bad guys, you cant blame this mess on the left now can you?