Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Andrae Crouch Has Died

One of my favorite Gospel music songwriters and performers from my youth passed away this evening after suffering a heart attack last Saturday.

Andrae Crouch wrote some amazing songs and was an awesome singer as well.

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/08/375979...rn-gospel-dies
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 01-08-2015, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Re: Andrae Crouch Has Died

The blood will never lose its power is a classic Crouch song that will outlive him for a very long time. That song alone is a great legacy.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 01-09-2015, 01:17 AM
Registered Member

What a gifted and anointed songwriter! So many great songs. RIP, Andrae.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:01 AM
Registered Member

"A few months later he gave me something, something that I needed most! You know he filled my soul with the power of the Holy Ghost!"
Old 01-09-2015, 07:43 AM
of 9!! :)

Sorry to hear of his passing.
Through It All, Take Me Back, To God Be The Glory
a few of my favorites of Andrae Crouch.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:52 AM
On the road less traveled

I am sorry to hear that such a gifted songwriter will never write any more songs on this earth! Sure do love the beautiful songs he wrote and played!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Andre Crouch wrote some great music. He was quite popular when I was in college. I remember when he was on Saturday Night Live. I cannot think of any other believer who was invited on the show.

I wish there were more song writers like him today.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Andre Crouch wrote some great music. He was quite popular when I was in college. I remember when he was on Saturday Night Live. I cannot think of any other believer who was invited on the show.

I wish there were more song writers like him today.
Me too.

I never knew he was on SNL. That makes me proud!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Administrator

In the late 70's he was in Jackson, Mississippi for a concert and found out that the First Pentecostal Church choir led by Lanny Wolfe at the time had practice that evening. He dropped in to listen to choir practice and ended up giving an impromptu mini concert singing several songs. This was the height of his popularity (as well as Lanny Wolfe's) and he was very friendly and down to earth.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 01-10-2015, 09:22 AM
On the road less traveled

http://www.cbn.com/cbnmusic/Intervie...uch031406.aspx

Some great background history into how Andre became such a gifted songwriter and musician!