Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned

Re: Tithes

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Was the law around when tithing began?

No, it was adopted into the Law, along with circumcision, which also was pre-Law.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
You see David, the 11 tribes had NO access to the ministry of God. They could not go in the temple to minister.

Who is it closer to being a type of?

Saints?

Or sinners?
You're still making the argument that sinners are part of the body of Christ. This typology doesn't work, as much as you want it to work, it doesn't work.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Banned

I know it does not work, but I used it to show how ridiculous it is to say the 11 tribes are a type of the saints.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
No, it was adopted into the Law, along with circumcision, which also was pre-Law.
So if tithe was pre-law and the law didn't come for another 400 or 500 years, your case of tithe being instituted because of the law is incorrect.

Tithe is not part of the law. It preexisted law. It is a matter of faith. Abraham gave tithes before there was a law around stating what to give. He did so out of faith.

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,"
Old 07-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I know it does not work, but I used it to show how ridiculous it is to say the 11 tribes are a type of the saints.
In the 6 or 7 churches in which I've been either a sitting member or part of the staff, I've never heard this teaching.

Where did you hear this teaching?
Old 07-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
So if tithe was pre-law and the law didn't come for another 400 or 500 years, your case of tithe being instituted because of the law is incorrect.

Tithe is not part of the law. It preexisted law. It is a matter of faith. Abraham gave tithes before there was a law around stating what to give. He did so out of faith.

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,"

It is not part of the Law?

Heb 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Not everyone tithed ND. In that proves there is no forever moral principle.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 07-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It is not part of the Law?

Heb 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
I'll clarify. As stated, tithes preexisted the law. The law simply regulated the tithe. Better?
Old 07-28-2015, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
In the 6 or 7 churches in which I've been either a sitting member or part of the staff, I've never heard this teaching.

It's in most tithe teaching churches...I debated a pastor last year that used it right here on AFF. I was looking for his quote a minute ago.(phew a lot of threads)
Old 07-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It's in most tithe teaching churches...I debated a pastor last year that used it right here on AFF. I was looking for his quote a minute ago.(phew a lot of threads)
Again, in the churches of which I've attended and been a member, all have believed in giving tithes, yet I've never heard this teaching.