Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Administrator

I don't know Suber or Hutchins and cannot speak to them or their motives but I have known Kenneth Phillips for over 24 years, a little over 16 of which he was my pastor, and I can say without hesitation that his motive is not to "steal" anybody from the UPC or any other org.

His goal as a progressive Oneness Pentecostal is to fulfil the Great Commission and in his quest to do that if a by product is that some leave the UPC I don't think he is adverse to that but he is not advocating that.

In all the years I have known him he has shown a remarkable love for the UPC and a lack of bitterness. I believe at the same time he is disappointed and impatient with some of it's positions though and would urge people to put God's work ahead of any organization.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

God missed it....
TV shoulda been around in the 1st century...ya know like Acts 3 or something

tfic
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 PM

By publishing the Hollis article as a featured guest article .... is the AWCF intentionally defining itself as a moderate to liberal fellowship?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
By publishing the Hollis article as a featured guest article .... is the AWCF intentionally defining itself as a moderate to liberal fellowship?
Absolutely.

Daniel, after watching the entire clip I am left with the impression that Brother Phillips is desperate to evangelize the world.

He is preparing his fields for rain.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Phillips seems to often talk about prophecy ... from his end-time perspective ... and how it relates to the modern day nation of Israel which could've been troubling to the preterists in the room .... however ...

I think his view is that in these last days the Church must use what is available to them in spreading the Gospel ....

but let's be honest ... every minister in that AWCF Congress knew he was partially addressing the UPCI issue of TV.
I agree with what he is doing in this sermon. And I dont disagree with him on that main point. but I am not a preterist and that view disturbed me too.

I am very PRO Isreal.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Absolutely.

Daniel, after watching the entire clip I am left with the impression that Brother Phillips is desperate to evangelize the world.

I dont think there has ever been a question about Bro. KPs desperation to evangelize the world. and I agree that this sermon demonstraits that.

In the sermon he says that if we dont do this, God will find someone else.

I am left wondering (from my UPCI frame of reference) if they are the "somebody else"?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Absolutely.

Was that the preaching he did called operation Shekinah?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I agree with what he is doing in this sermon. And I dont disagree with him on that main point. but I am not a preterist and that view disturbed me too.

I am very PRO Isreal.
PRETERIST?????? WHAT!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAPE View Post
God missed it....
TV shoulda been around in the 1st century...ya know like Acts 3 or something

tfic
With all due respect, AGAPE ... the discussion here is not just TV ... it is man's use of technology and the God-given gift God has given to man to invent and utilize forms of technology.

I think thats part of KP's point .... Agape ... is not that God has missed it ...
he gave the commission ...
man uses technology to work within this commission ....

Technology can be broadly defined as any tool or craft used by man to control or adapt to his environment. Technology is a pen ... a paper ... a road. language ... a space station ... a radio .... an organization .... and TV.

The 1st century Church used Greek to spread the Gospel ... and as KP said that the fact that it was a paganistic culture didn't stop Peter from using Greek.

The primitive Church used the Appian Way and Roman roads to fulfill the Great Commission ... and KP says that the fact that the Roman builders were blood thirsty heathens who used it for violence... didn't stop Paul from using this road.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I don't know Suber or Hutchins and cannot speak to them or their motives but I have known Kenneth Phillips for over 24 years, a little over 16 of which he was my pastor, and I can say without hesitation that his motive is not to "steal" anybody from the UPC or any other org.

His goal as a progressive Oneness Pentecostal is to fulfil the Great Commission and in his quest to do that if a by product is that some leave the UPC I don't think he is adverse to that but he is not advocating that.

In all the years I have known him he has shown a remarkable love for the UPC and a lack of bitterness. I believe at the same time he is disappointed and impatient with some of it's positions though and would urge people to put God's work ahead of any organization.
Si Si Juan, I dont think KP would "steal" anyone, but KP has always been driven by reaching the entire world with the Apostolic message. In many ways he is the visionary before his time.

I think that desperation has him in a place where he has decided that now is the time and he is going to position himself to be part of what ever takes place.

anyone leaving the UPCI over the TV issue out of frustration because of a lact of vision on the part of the organization will find NCO and KP to be welcoming.