Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Apostolic Articles
Facebook

Notices

Old 06-22-2008, 09:28 AM
blueaugust

Forsaking Moab

FORSAKING MOAB

She was born a Moabitess. Her country was on a high plateau south of the roaring Arnon River. The Moabites were a breed of perverse pagans who sacrificed some of their youngs as burnt offerings to their God Chemosh. They were polygamous. Her people were born out of incest. Their culture was rooted from Sodom. The men in her country don’t have a lot of respect for their women. Their rulers are fat and foolish. They were like an infectious disease that can corrupt tribes and cities around them.

She was probably typical. Like any pebble that she can find on the roads uphill. Her face, like that of any Moabitess, was marked with all the sins that her people were engulfed with. She may have been a virgin, a damsel, and lass. But that will not change her miserable case. She will just be another cracked mirror, another faded smile, another rose trampled on the ground.

Moab has been her prison. Her country was her cage. She was living inside a fence made with unseen barbed wires. Her family, her religion, her environment; these all have become shackles instead of an escape. She was just laughing but not happy. She was just existing but not living. She was Ruth and she was like a leaf being blown by the wind. The tree from where she came from has been dry and lifeless all her life.

But there is a God of whom she may not know but who absolutely knows her. This God can use famines, marriages, and everything else just to make sure that Ruth’s path will one day crosses His. And so after 10 years and 3 funerals, Ruth finds herself on the brink of decision. It was a decision whether to stay or to forsake Moab. It was a hard decision but Ruth finds herself speaking one of the most beautiful pledges of commitment that our ears will ever hear…

“…Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: 17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
- Ruth 1:16-17 (KJV)

Her life in Israel will be much different than in Moab. This time, she’ll be a foreigner in a strange land. She will learn of Deuteronomy 23:3, where it is forbidden for an Ammonite or a Moabite to enter the congregation of the Lord. She will come to know the rituals and the ceremonies, and will understand that she is an unclean thing. She will face the full condemnation of the Law, and will wonder if the God of Israel is her friend or her enemy.

But Ruth will cling to Naomi and her God. Her commitment will prove that she has forsaken everything that is from Moab. Her commitment will show that it is not by blood, neither by race, nor by gender, that a person will find favor in the sight of Yahweh. Yes, she will learn to call Israel’s God by His revealed Personal Name “Yahweh”, and not just “Elohim”. (Ruth 1:16-17) Yahweh shall be the Lord her Savior.

She will earn the respect of the male reapers at the harvest field. She will have her portion of the harvest even if she is desolate in a strange field. She will have abundance for her and for Naomi. Her strength of character will cause her to meet the Lord of the Harvest. Then she will be free from the condemnation of the Law, because he, the Lord of the Harvest, will be her kinsman-redeemer.

In the end, her name will not be forgotten. Her womb will be the fountain that will give historical Israel its Golden Age. She, a woman, will earn her rightful place in the genealogy of the King of Kings.

She was still Ruth, a Moabitess that is forsaking Moab. But her story will tell the world that finding the One True God can be a history changing experience.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Forsaking Moab

This is so true and humbling. Thank you Jesus.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 06-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Bro. Blueaugust,

Did you read the story of how our family came to the apostolic truth. I posted
this thread a few weeks ago.

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=15547

Just as God preserved Naomi in Moab and she came back to Bethlehem (house of bread),
she brought someone with her. That's was Ruth's ticket out of her old country into a
new place where the One True Living God was known.
God sent someone our way also to bring the knowledge of the One True and Living
God to our family. It has made all the difference in our lives. He brought them out
that He might bring them in... Out of darkness into His Marvelous Light, which were
not a people, but are now the people of God! Thank You, Lord God!

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 AM

Bro. Blueaugust,

I just wanted to tell you that your "blog" listed at the bottom
of your posts, is great and has quite a lot of interesting articles,
etc.

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 06-30-2008, 07:55 PM
blueaugust

Thank you Sis. Falla...

The purpose of that blog is to make a Filipino Apostolic presence in the Blogging World and to provide a consistent flow of relevant information from around the world to the Filipino Apostolic community here in the Philippines. It's because many of our constituency still are not aware as to the spiritual impact the Apostolic faith has made in our world.

I hope you could put a comment or feedback on the blog so as to increase its credibility in the Blogosphere.

Thank you again Sis. Falla. I'm praying that you'll be checking out the blog as often as you can...
Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueaugust View Post
Thank you Sis. Falla...

The purpose of that blog is to make a Filipino Apostolic presence in the Blogging World and to provide a consistent flow of relevant information from around the world to the Filipino Apostolic community here in the Philippines. It's because many of our constituency still are not aware as to the spiritual impact the Apostolic faith has made in our world.

I hope you could put a comment or feedback on the blog so as to increase its credibility in the Blogosphere.

Thank you again Sis. Falla. I'm praying that you'll be checking out the blog as often as you can...
That is a wonderful reason/purpose for having your great blog! I shall
ask my Father to give me encouraging words for the wonderful Filipino
Apostolic community there in the Philippines. The place where my late
father prayed many prayers for the people while stationed there in WWII.

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 PM
blueaugust

That would be great Sis Falla! I'll be waiting for that one. Thank you very much!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Administrator

A great article B.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 AM
tthaumaturge

good artical ,thanks foe posting !
Old 07-24-2008, 04:39 AM
blueaugust

There are more newer articles on the blog. I hope you guys could read them. I also managed to get a new logo and have use it as my signature here and on some other forums... What do you think about it?

Also, I might be able to get a "URL" for the blog next week. It'll probably be pinoyapostolic.com