Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Sister Alvear

Our trial and how we are making it...

P.O. Box 797, Jonesville, La 71343
http://safm-cathedralofpraise.org/default.htm

Dear Homeland Friends:

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." Isaiah 43:2

I know many of you have been in much prayer with us and helping us in our trial. I just wanted to thank you all so much. We have been able to stand together in fellowship and go through this together lacking many things but seeing God at work every minute. The struggle with lack of sufficient finances has been great but every day we have gathered at our big table and read the Bible about others that went through great tribulations and God saw them through. I have sat with the ministers and told them I do not know where money is going to come from to pay even our lights yet they are not discouraged.

So encouraged that tomorrow night we are dedicating a new rented building by faith…A rank sinner gave us 40 chairs and a sound system and four fans. It is almost a 2hr drive from here and after we get back, our all night prayer meeting begins at midnight…Sat night I am taking another group to another one of our churches about an hour or so from home and Sunday we have fasting and prayer all day at the church along with a minister´s meeting and a five o´clock service. The weekend is power-packed. We are not letting the devil get us down.

Another group of our people got together in their village and rented a little building with tears I told them I could not help them, that is ok missionary we will raise the money and once a month buy a chair or two…until then the people can bring chairs from their homes or stand up. Tomorrow I am sending a group of brothers to knock out a wall so the building will hold a few more people.

I know that securing adequate funding has always been an issue for faith-based missionaries, but the falling U.S. dollar, a flailing economy and donor fatigue following a number of large-scale disasters in the states have posed even more challenges for us yet opportunities for God to work miracles.
My daughter in law and I were writing down some recent miracles… One found 50 real and went and bought a few groceries, someone sent us a box and it had some food items in it, Brother Alvear found a bar of soap and the funniest thing when it was getting thin I found a bar of soap! You may say, OH! Sister Janice, just a bar of soap but you don´t know what that soap meant to me. It was like God saying I know you have big needs but even your smallest needs I am going to meet. It almost sounds silly for me to relate this but it has meant so much to me. Strange how God uses such simple things to teach us important lessons.

God has a plan, and he calls us all to be a part. Each of us has been given a significant part, with talents and resources to fulfill that part.
The Great Commission is our “co-mission” with God, and with each other.
I never thought in all the trials we have gone through on the mission field that I would feel so kin to Job as I do now...Our old bus broke down, the motor went out of our church van… all in the same week…we have had to rent a bus to bring our people to the services….However tonight we baptized two more in the precious name of Jesus…so for every time he knocks us down we get up again and baptism someone else!
I cannot explain how the devil has tried to visit our family with depression but we are fasting and praying…Financially we cannot see our way out of so many things that has happened all at once and keeps piling up…even putting food on the table has become a major trial.
Yet we know He cares for His own and some of you He has used to help us and I know He will speak to others to help us for we are His children working on the front lines of battle.
It is hard to tell Gabriel and Joel (Michael´s children) we cannot buy milk and the things they need…You know Michael and his family along with several of our children depend on our help to live as they along with several others work full time in the work. We learned a long time ago we don´t need near as much as we think we do.
If we were chosen for this trial I know God will received glory in the end. I told our children and people there were some God feed and sent away…the disciples he sent into a storm to later come to them and show them His power. I know the storm is raging and it is very dark at the moment YET I see in my mind Him coming to us…and I know our miracle is on the way.
Our people seeing us without things are scared we are going to leave them but I told them God called us and we are staying through good times and bad times.
If God should speak to your heart to help us and our family through this trial we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks to those that are helping us and those that have promised to help.
Thank you for being a life line to us!
Your Friends in Missions
Brother Raul and Janice Alvear and family

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 07-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered Member

Re: Our trial and how we are making it...

Sis Alvear, after reading this I feel backslidden!
That comment wasn't a joke either.

Your posting both encouraged and challenged me!

I am saddened for the things you suffer, yet excited how God is meeting the needs!

Godliness with contentment is great gain!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

Thank you Sis Alvear for letting us know how things are going.
We continue to pray.

Blessings!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Sister Alvear

It has been and still is very difficult but God is helping us through His people...

Old 07-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
It has been and still is very difficult but God is helping us through His people...
Sister Alvear, One of the hardest things, I know, is to make your needs known. You are so sweet and doing such a work for the Lord. Please tell us your need. Do you need food items? Do you need Bibles? Or, is just cash the best thing to send to you? Is there something not available for puchase there that you need. I cannot bear the thougth of my gluttonist ways while there are Jesus Brothers and Sisters who are doing without.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Sister Alvear

Anything is deeply appreciated. Shipping is very expensive. America with all its problems is still blessed compared to many places in our world. We live in a very poor village and a very dangerous village. Please pray for our safety.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Sister Alvear

Our Bibles mst be in Brazilian Portuguese. We have many people throughout Brazil that do not have Bibles!