Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 02-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

My wife shot her new Ruger 380 pistol and Mossberg Tactical (AR 15 style) 22 rifle today for the first time. She absolutely loved the rifle and did well target shooting with it but had trouble aiming the little pistol for any distance, which I told her is normal. That little 380 is a close up weapon for personal defense. You are not going to be shooting anybody 30 feet away with it.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-10-2013, 03:15 PM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
My wife shot her new Ruger 380 pistol and Mossberg Tactical (AR 15 style) 22 rifle today for the first time. She absolutely loved the rifle and did well target shooting with it but had trouble aiming the little pistol for any distance, which I told her is normal. That little 380 is a close up weapon for personal defense. You are not going to be shooting anybody 30 feet away with it.
Saw that rifle at Gander MTN. Thinking about getting it. Then there is the ruger 10/22...
Old 02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtimer View Post
Saw that rifle at Gander MTN. Thinking about getting it. Then there is the ruger 10/22...
Now that I am in full gun craze mode I think the next gun I buy is going to be a Weatherby Vanguard S2 308 caliber with the synthetic stock and stainless steele barrel. They say it is as close to an all weather rifle as you can get and the accuracy out of the box is about the best in the business.

I also want either a Glock 17 9mm, XDm 9mm, or S&M M&P 9mm. All the models with the high count magazines (17-19 depending on the brand gun). This will be a nice addition to my 357 Magnum revolver!

BTW - I had some ammo come in for my AR 15 today so I thought I would do an inventory. I had more than I thought. I have 620 rounds on hand and over 1,000 more still on order (backordered). My goal is 5,000 rounds by the end of the year.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Now that I am in full gun craze mode I think the next gun I buy is going to be a Weatherby Vanguard S2 308 caliber with the synthetic stock and stainless steele barrel. They say it is as close to an all weather rifle as you can get and the accuracy out of the box is about the best in the business.

I also want either a Glock 17 9mm, XDm 9mm, or S&M M&P 9mm. All the models with the high count magazines (17-19 depending on the brand gun). This will be a nice addition to my 357 Magnum revolver!

BTW - I had some ammo come in for my AR 15 today so I thought I would do an inventory. I had more than I thought. I have 620 rounds on hand and over 1,000 more still on order (backordered). My goal is 5,000 rounds by the end of the year.
If I actually liked pistols I would consider getting this one. The Judge.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 PM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:

I had a Glock 22 .40 and loved it, ended up trading it for a very clean for the year, running 1946 Willys Jeep CJ2a. Im looking for another Glock in 9mm (cheaper to shoot) Probably going with a G19 gen4. Read some good reviews on it over the G17. IM not real crazy about the XD or M&P. Shot the M&P once - not my cup of tea. Reminds me, I saw a M&P AR15 for sale last night. Guy was asking $2,500, talk about gauging!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I had a Glock 22 .40 and loved it, ended up trading it for a very clean for the year, running 1946 Willys Jeep CJ2a. Im looking for another Glock in 9mm (cheaper to shoot) Probably going with a G19 gen4. Read some good reviews on it over the G17. IM not real crazy about the XD or M&P. Shot the M&P once - not my cup of tea. Reminds me, I saw a M&P AR15 for sale last night. Guy was asking $2,500, talk about gauging!
I have done extensive google research on all of those 9mm pistols and I think you really can't go wrong with any of them but people do have their favorites.

I think before I buy I need to handle each of them to see which one fits me best. I orignally thought I wanted the Glock 17 for sure but then read things about the XDm and S&M M&P that made me think they are alternatives I should look at. I believe the XDm actually comes with a 19 round clip vs 17 for the Glock.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
I have done extensive google research on all of those 9mm pistols and I think you really can't go wrong with any of them but people do have their favorites.

I think before I buy I need to handle each of them to see which one fits me best. I orignally thought I wanted the Glock 17 for sure but then read things about the XDm and S&M M&P that made me think they are alternatives I should look at. I believe the XDm actually comes with a 19 round clip vs 17 for the Glock.
My Bro in law just got a H&K 9mm with poly grip. Comparable to the guns you listed. He absolutely loves it. Maybe another to check out. Expect to pay more.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
My Bro in law just got a H&K 9mm with poly grip. Comparable to the guns you listed. He absolutely loves it. Maybe another to check out. Expect to pay more.
I am a cheapskate but one that likes quality. So if all of those 9mm's are pretty much equal in quality it will probably come down to price.

I do have to confess that from an asthetic standpoint I really like the Springfield XD and XDm two tone pistols. My SIL has the XD .45 and it is a great looking and feeling pistol.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 PM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
I am a cheapskate but one that likes quality. So if all of those 9mm's are pretty much equal in quality it will probably come down to price.

I do have to confess that from an asthetic standpoint I really like the Springfield XD and XDm two tone pistols. My SIL has the XD .45 and it is a great looking and feeling pistol.
yep that xd is pretty cool looking. I like the grip on them.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

So endtimer, when you carry (and I am assuming you do), what condition is your gun in? I carry with a round chambered but the safety is on. When I start carrying my Glock 19, I will have one chambered (there is rarely time to rack the slide when you need a weapon) without a safety since it doesn't have one.