Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Re: Day at the range

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
RandyWayne, do you know anything about the XDs Springfield? Heard it was a good shoot and comfortable in the hand. Thinking about purchasing one. What say ye? .... And by the way, it's hard for me to imagine Pliny in an AFF argument with a SW 40 VE in his hand! just kiddin'!

Been Thinkin
Don't worry. I cannot hit the broad side of a barn with that one!

Maybe when I get the trigger issue resolved!

Old 07-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
RandyWayne, do you know anything about the XDs Springfield? Heard it was a good shoot and comfortable in the hand. Thinking about purchasing one. What say ye? .... And by the way, it's hard for me to imagine Pliny in an AFF argument with a SW 40 VE in his hand! just kiddin'!

Been Thinkin
XD45, 13+1, good to go. Be advised, it has a grip safety so your options are a wee bit less than say with a Glock, and you have to maintain a good grip. Also, spare parts are harder to find than for a Glock or 1911.

Overall, it's a good handcannon. The XDM models have changeable grips so you can make it fit better to your hand. Also, the grip on an XD seems more comfortable than a Glock, to me anyway.

Mags run about 25.00-30.00 each, not quite as common as Glock but they're out there.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Been Thinkin
My wife's "main" gun is in fact a Springfield XD 45. It has never failed-to-eject a round and you would not think it is a 45 when firing if you didn't know already since it fires so smoothly. My 9's are all more snappy than it!

It is an excellent gun for home defense and for target practicing but the one thing it is NOT is a carry gun. The thing is the size of small canon!

The one she wants to get is the new Springfield XDS9. It is one of many "pocket pistols" out there and can truly fit in any pocket. The only issue, like all very small single stack guns, is that it only holds 7+1. The XDS45 is worse, it only supports 5+1 and as you can imagine, has a bit more recoil.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
It is an excellent gun for home defense and for target practicing but the one thing it is NOT is a carry gun.
Sure it is! Just gotta know how to carry it properly.

Quote:
The one she wants to get is the new Springfield XDS9. It is one of many "pocket pistols" out there and can truly fit in any pocket. The only issue, like all very small single stack guns, is that it only holds 7+1. The XDS45 is worse, it only supports 5+1 and as you can imagine, has a bit more recoil.
Seems if one were going to get a 'pocket pistol' they'd be better off with a shortie .357 6-shot. Less chance of malfunction (as in, practically zero), basically same capacity, and much more oomph per round. A .38 special with some +p loads would also work.

Or get a Judge... nothing says 'think again about assaulting me' like some .454! Plus if you see any bad snakes you can charm them with a .410....

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

I keep eyeballing a Desert Eagle at our local shop.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Not riding the train

Going to a gun show tomorrow to see if I can find a .38. I'd like to pay less than $500 as that's all I am finding around here. I haven't been going to the range because I don't like shooting the 9mm.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
When I was shopping for my first gun I was able to look at one and hold it...its huge! My hand was too small to control it, I would not attempt to fire it, but its an awesome looking gun for sure! Impressive...
Old 07-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I have a Desert Eagle, just haven't shot it much. Need to take it out and put some metal through it and see how it functions.

BT

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 07-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I have a Desert Eagle, just haven't shot it much. Need to take it out and put some metal through it and see how it functions.

BT
Just make sure you brace yourself really really good! LOL
Old 07-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Not riding the train

Found a Rossi .38 at the gun show today...single/double action - sweet deal. Love it!

Went out to the gun range to try it out. Shot three bulls eyes!

Even though I stayed on the target, I was shooting a little too high and to the left. Don't know why I was having some trouble correcting. Because it was sooo hot, I only shot 50 rounds. I'll have to go back and work on getting more on center.