Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Don't ask.

Does Jesus have a child?

Does Jesus have a child?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Does Jesus have a child?

He's got lots of them.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

He's also been divorced, cheated on, run out of town... AND he's rich, he's the head of a worldwide government, he is a military strategist par excellence, the only true pope and patriarch, and THE master economist.

He's also judge and lawgiver, high priest and GOD ALMIGHTY. And he's coming to put down all rebellion and overthrow all rebels and execute judgement against all criminals.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

Yep, me!

Revelation 1:11-13 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. (12) And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; (13) And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

That is Jesus.

Revelation 21:6-7 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. (7) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 11-22-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

I also am the son of Jesus!
Old 11-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
He's also been divorced, cheated on, run out of town... AND he's rich, he's the head of a worldwide government, he is a military strategist par excellence, the only true pope and patriarch, and THE master economist.

He's also judge and lawgiver, high priest and GOD ALMIGHTY. And he's coming to put down all rebellion and overthrow all rebels and execute judgement against all criminals.
Well said.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Don't ask.

Is Jesus one of Jesus's sons?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Is Jesus one of Jesus's sons?
In one sense, yes. In another sense, no.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 11-22-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

The whole problem i see with all these questions is that people are throwing what is a dilemma to human beings due to our limited faculties, but is not a limitation for God who is GOD. God is not limited to the status of a creature that can only do certain things and no more.

It always amazes me how this is such an overlooked issue.

To us, being our own child is impossible! It can only be an imagined situation from an unhealthy mind that cannot reason properly. And in reality it is not real at all. And that's why people give all these answers that God is schizoid if oneness is true. lol

Our human personhood does not have the ability to manifest in a genuine manner as a human being as though it was a SON to us.... we become our own son. But God is not restricted like that. God is not a human being. lol. FOR THE TENTH TIME God is not a human being with restrictions. He manifested as a human being but his starting point was GOD, unlike us who cannot manifest as another human because we can only but start to do anything from the beginning of being human, and that simply disallows for us to do what God can do.

So, God, who can do what we cannot in untold millions of areas, manifested Himself as the SON OF GOD. From THAT perspective of HIS PERSON, the person of His son being one with that of God, HE IS HIS OWN SON. But from the perspective of his existence as God and the manifestation of His person as a human being, God is not a human being as per GODHOOD any more than the humanity of the Son of God is deity. Humanity is not deity. It never was nor ever can be. Humanity and Godhood are forever distinct. So, in regards to His human manifestation contrasted from His Deity, He is not His own Son. But from the perspective of the common person in GOD (who can do far more than we can), and SON OF GOD, He IS His own Son.

It's like saying that if I can turn myself into a table and a chair at the same time, the table is not the chair, but in the sense that I turned myself into both of those things, and the subject is ME, then the table is the chair.

Last edited by mfblume; 11-22-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

Jesus is not a human being manifesting as another human being. He is GOD manifesting as a human being. That's quite a different picture, isn't it? And so we think of a human being as his own son and laugh at the thought of God becoming manifested in flesh as His Son.

People...