Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station > Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte
Facebook

Notices

Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte For all those that speak Geek & Greek among us! Or for those technically challenged who don't!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
ryzen; new pc

Old 03-16-2017, 10:46 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

oh boy, what have I done now....

Well, I've done it. I've finally bought every component I need for my new AMD Ryzen build. I'm almost scared to think of how much I've spent. Let's just say...a lot. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on the CPU and motherboard and I also have to wait on the mounting bracket for the Corsair cooler. Still, it shouldn't be much longer now. Another week at most.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus AX370-Gaming K7

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x

RAM: Corsair 2 x 8GB (16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

Cooler: Corsair H115i AIO

Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper

PSU: SeaSonic 650W Prime Titanium

Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:50 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: oh boy, what have I done now....

awesome gaming computer!
Old 03-17-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
awesome gaming computer!
Thanks. Apart from reusing my drives (I have around 11TB of storage that I'm not just going to replace for no reason) and temporarily reusing my R9 390 video card until AMD Vega comes out, this will be the first completely new build I've made in at least 10 years, possibly 15. Everything in between has been incremental upgrades (a video card here, a CPU there, a new motherboard, etc).

I'm quite excited.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:43 PM

Well, looks like my plans have been put on hold temporarily. My motherboard never arrived. The seller never shipped it out, but fortunately they refunded me (and it even showed in my account the same day).

However, this may be for the best, since I now have to spend around $340 to repair my pickup. The water pump went out, and it turns out you almost have to disassemble half the engine to get to it (the timing belt even has to come out to replace it). Which in and of itself may also be a good thing, since the truck has never had the timing belt replaced, and it's showing some signs of wear.

Praise God even in the bad, because sometimes He's protecting us from something far worse. If that timing belt had broken, it would have caused much more damage to the point of possibly just scrapping it. And if I hadn't got the refund back on my motherboard, I wouldn't have the funds necessary to pay for the repairs. He's always working things out for our good, even when we can't see it.

Last edited by Jito463; 03-21-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Let's see, gaming computer vs pickup fixed......

You know, this could be a hard decision!

Old 03-22-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
Let's see, gaming computer vs pickup fixed......

You know, this could be a hard decision!
Tell me about it! Thankfully, I was able to acquire the exact same motherboard for over $100 less than I had bought it for from another site. So I'm able to fix my truck and still get my motherboard for my new PC.