Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-19-2019, 08:12 AM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is offline
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,933
Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Not sure you're reading the same posts as I am, because I haven't read any posts in this thread as described above. Are you addressing a specific post or just typing thoughts based on interactions with others not in this thread?

Some of this is from interactions with Benincasa...discussions we have had...some some sarcasm just emerging due to stress and personal stuff Im dealing with and some was actually a legit point about how the people come to Jesus using "we"..."Didnt WE do this..." but my personal observational experience has been that there are some that DO and some that dont and the ones that dont seem to be fine with riding the coattails of the ones that do.


It just made me wonder because I used to put so much stock in what group I belonged to...I could just really do nothing as long as I went through the motions and said all the right words but I never really obeyed God...it was more about obeying the cheerleader of the moment.


It was all about looking and sounding the part.


In a way, being in the group hidden...a part of me kinda took credit for people that WERE obeying God and being obedient....they belong to the same group I belong to...the "church" is spoken of as a sort of collective...when there is scandal we all feel shame and when good things happen we all rejoiced. We were a part even if only just being a part in name and organizational belonging only.


So with those thoughts in mind I reapproached that scripture Ive heard preached in only one context for so many years.


I was just thinking "out loud" really...not trying to start anything...I literally got the thought as I was making the post and just went with it because some thoughts I have are fleeting and I need to get them out to remember them.





The scripture says that individuals will come to Jesus in judgement and say,"Didnt WE do this in thy name?"


Maybe I need to just do some looking into the tenses used or something I dunno but at first glance it seems that they SHOULD be saying,"Lord, remember those people I prayed for and they got healed and those demons I cast out?"



But at the risk of beating a dead horse....they use "we" which makes me think that maybe Christ is addressing those that hide in the group, not active but take credit...kinda like,"Hey! I wore the jersy! I attended all the games! I cheered!" But they werent actually on the field playing...and now they show up wanting their trophy and Coach is kicking em out of the stadium.
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-19-2019, 10:11 AM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 16,765
Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
The scripture says that individuals will come to Jesus in judgement and say,"Didnt WE do this in thy name?"

Maybe I need to just do some looking into the tenses used or something I dunno but at first glance it seems that they SHOULD be saying,"Lord, remember those people I prayed for and they got healed and those demons I cast out?"

But at the risk of beating a dead horse....they use "we" which makes me think that maybe Christ is addressing those that hide in the group, not active but take credit...kinda like,"Hey! I wore the jersy! I attended all the games! I cheered!" But they werent actually on the field playing...and now they show up wanting their trophy and Coach is kicking em out of the stadium.
"""Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?"""

I interpret the reason for "we" as because of the first word "many."

But you bring up an interesting point, because the culmination of the passage is "I never knew you."

I've always interpreted the passage as individuals saying what they did in His Name and Him saying He never knew them. However, I could see it as individuals speaking about what a group did and Jesus saying I never knew YOU.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-19-2019, 11:58 AM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is offline
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,933
Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
"""Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?"""

I interpret the reason for "we" as because of the first word "many."

But you bring up an interesting point, because the culmination of the passage is "I never knew you."

I've always interpreted the passage as individuals saying what they did in His Name and Him saying He never knew them. However, I could see it as individuals speaking about what a group did and Jesus saying I never knew YOU.



Yeah I had basically heard it used as a stick to justify bashing other groups that may do some things but arent fully in "truth".


I know Im all over the place with comments at times but thats kinda how my mind processes stuff...its kinda difficult to turn off...occasionally though Ill get traction on a out of the box kinda idea that seems to have some merit.
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-19-2019, 01:20 PM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 16,765
Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Yeah I had basically heard it used as a stick to justify bashing other groups that may do some things but aren't fully in "truth".
I've also heard it used in sermons about Trinitarians who will do many things, but will be told "I never knew you" because they've denied Him.

I believe that is a very valid point, though not only for Trinitarians, but many who claim Him but don't have a personal relationship with Him.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-20-2019, 08:16 AM
JoeBandy JoeBandy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 663
Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
People have always been distracted with life, nothing has changed. People are dead heads who are apt to get religious. They cool down and cool off. Meanwhile one in the group gets on fire and then gets a wet blanket attack. Ministers have always been attacked, but while others go for mother's little helper, there are always that small few who are on their knees bombarding heaven.



I heard about ministers on mind meds going way back. One down in Miami was cleaning his gun and ended up shooting himself in the head. There was an old brother in the ALJC (he was over their book store) he wrote a book on this. He told me himself that he went to leap off a bridge. Yet, he knew it was a devil. Not a plate of hot wings and blue cheese dressing, but a devil. When we are doing what we do, we need to realize it isn't diet which is coming against us, because we wrestle not against chili cheese dogs, demonic forces in high places.
As usual you miss the point.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-20-2019, 08:17 AM
JoeBandy JoeBandy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 663
Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Americans and westerners in general have been brain damaged by vaccines, poisons in the food supply, medications, and a crippling public education system (K through college), a non stop media onslaught of mind crippling propaganda, cell tower radiation, dithering in the digital broadcasts and lcd screens, good old fashioned fluoride in the water, heavy metals toxicity, aspartame, and so on and etc. Wait till 5G and 6G get rolled out in force, we haven't seen anything yet. HG Wells wasn't writing pure science fiction (he was a Fabian socialist very active in promoting the fundamental transformation of society to the humanists' high tech utopian paradise, as was Huxley).

This of course has affected the last several generations of people coming into the church. We are witnessing the rise of the Eloi and the creation of the Idiocracy.

And, all of it goes back to Deut 28.
This is more inline with my point.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-20-2019, 08:28 AM
JoeBandy JoeBandy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 663
Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

I am not going to take the time to find the post EB has made about "just lift and eat right" but he has made this comment a few times on this forum. Its easy to see the results of a bad diet in the form of obesity or gout or high blood pressure. What I do not understand is if a person like EB does believe that diet can affect the physicality how does he not believe that it does not affect the mental state? The list that Esias gave is a good example of things that are proven to have affects on mentality. There are hundreds of blind and double blind studies you can pull and see the results. Any way this is an exercise in futility..... so later gators....
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-21-2019, 05:08 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,548
Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Some of this is from interactions with Benincasa...discussions we have had...some some sarcasm just emerging due to stress and personal stuff Im dealing with and some was actually a legit point about how the people come to Jesus using "we"..."Didnt WE do this..." but my personal observational experience has been that there are some that DO and some that dont and the ones that dont seem to be fine with riding the coattails of the ones that do.


It just made me wonder because I used to put so much stock in what group I belonged to...I could just really do nothing as long as I went through the motions and said all the right words but I never really obeyed God...it was more about obeying the cheerleader of the moment.


It was all about looking and sounding the part.


In a way, being in the group hidden...a part of me kinda took credit for people that WERE obeying God and being obedient....they belong to the same group I belong to...the "church" is spoken of as a sort of collective...when there is scandal we all feel shame and when good things happen we all rejoiced. We were a part even if only just being a part in name and organizational belonging only.


So with those thoughts in mind I reapproached that scripture Ive heard preached in only one context for so many years.


I was just thinking "out loud" really...not trying to start anything...I literally got the thought as I was making the post and just went with it because some thoughts I have are fleeting and I need to get them out to remember them.





The scripture says that individuals will come to Jesus in judgement and say,"Didnt WE do this in thy name?"


Maybe I need to just do some looking into the tenses used or something I dunno but at first glance it seems that they SHOULD be saying,"Lord, remember those people I prayed for and they got healed and those demons I cast out?"



But at the risk of beating a dead horse....they use "we" which makes me think that maybe Christ is addressing those that hide in the group, not active but take credit...kinda like,"Hey! I wore the jersy! I attended all the games! I cheered!" But they werent actually on the field playing...and now they show up wanting their trophy and Coach is kicking em out of the stadium.


Wow! I never heard this said before. Could well be the key.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-25-2019, 11:31 AM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 16,765
Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

"""Anti-Depressant Drugs is Forbidden by God!! Christians BEWARE!!!!!!"""
You will go to hell if you take anti-depressant drugs. That's what she said...

Equates these drugs to sorcery and witchcraft.

Says the number one gateway to mental illness is unforgiveness.


Last edited by n david; 06-25-2019 at 11:37 AM.
  #40  
Old 06-25-2019, 11:34 AM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 16,765
Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

"""Warning to Pastors Who Take Anti Depressant Drugs and Teach their Followers its Okay Antidepressants"""

"If you have taught your followers it's okay to take anti-depressant drugs, God will hold you accountable for your followers practicing sorcery and witchcraft."

"You must repent"


Last edited by n david; 06-25-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mental Illness or Demonic Influence? CC1 Fellowship Hall 103 03-25-2013 05:52 PM
Mental Health bills and the CT Shooting n david Political Talk 3 01-10-2013 08:57 AM
Vets, Mental Health Costs & The Constitution Jermyn Davidson Political Talk 3 05-14-2011 08:10 AM
Demonic Dreams Dedicated Mind Fellowship Hall 14 11-28-2008 11:07 AM
Mental Health Screening, You May Be Next Digging4Truth The Newsroom 15 07-12-2007 01:17 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.