Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Fellowship of the Unashamed

I'm not sure who originally spoke or wrote this. I read somewhere that a Pastor Bob Moorehead wrote this pledge while fasting and praying for his congregation. I've seen it before. This past Saturday morning at the Aglow International meeting, the speaker, Ann Tucker, gave out copies.

‘I am part of the “Fellowship of the Unashamed”. The die has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I’m finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colourless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, top recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, love with patience, live by prayer and labour with power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, and my vision is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I Won’t give up, shut up, let up or slow up until I have stayed up, stored up, preyed up, paid up and spoken up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner is clear: I am a part of the “Fellowship of the Unashamed”.’
Old 03-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: Fellowship of the Unashamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I'm not sure who originally spoke or wrote this. I read somewhere that a Pastor Bob Moorehead wrote this pledge while fasting and praying for his congregation. I've seen it before. This past Saturday morning at the Aglow International meeting, the speaker, Ann Tucker, gave out copies. ...
Sambo! You belong to or attend just about every Pentecostal and Charismatic organization on the planet. Do you regularly attend Womens' Aglow meetings?

No offense intended, but dude, retirement seems to have given you cabin fever.

And I love the Moorehead quote. We all need to get that revved up.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
Sambo! You belong to or attend just about every Pentecostal and Charismatic organization on the planet. Do you regularly attend Womens' Aglow meetings?

No offense intended, but dude, retirement seems to have given you cabin fever.

And I love the Moorehead quote. We all need to get that revved up.
Some time back Women's Aglow changed their name to Aglow International. It is now open to both men and women. Each local Aglow group is supposed to have one or more male ministers as advisors. The advisor does not have to be a pastor but should be a licensed/ordained minister and should not be a family member of any of the Aglow officers. He should also have been baptized in the Spirit and representative of a diversity of denominational backgrounds. I serve as the advisor for the Hamilton, OH group. They have a Saturday morning service, which is breakfast then worship. It is the first Saturday morning of each month, same day the Hamilton/Fairfield chapter of the FGBMFI has their breakfast meeting. I am the Treasurer for the FGBMFI group. Aglow and FGBMFI meet just a few blocks apart so I leave the FGBMFI meeting early and arrive at the Aglow meeting during the breakfast phase and before the service begins. Aglow has the Saturday morning service plus one business meeting each month. FGBMFI has a Saturday morning business meeting, a prayer meeting, and a dinner meeting each month. There were about 25-30 people at the Aglow meeting. I was the only guy there this time but there have been men there before. Our FGBMFI breakfast business meeting had 10 men and our last dinner meeting had 80 people (men and women). So that's how I'm involved with those two groups.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Some time back Women's Aglow changed their name to Aglow International. It is now open to both men and women. ...
That's great! Thanks for the additional info. I was just teasing you a bit, but it's good to hear a little more about the new Aglow fellowship.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm not sure who originally spoke or wrote this. I read somewhere that a Pastor Bob Moorehead wrote this pledge while fasting and praying for his congregation. I've seen it before. This past Saturday morning at the Aglow International meeting, the speaker, Ann Tucker, gave out copies.

‘I am part of the “Fellowship of the Unashamed”. The die has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I’m finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colourless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, top recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, love with patience, live by prayer and labour with power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, and my vision is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I Won’t give up, shut up, let up or slow up until I have stayed up, stored up, preyed up, paid up and spoken up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner is clear: I am a part of the “Fellowship of the Unashamed”.’
Not sure where it came from either. I heard John Osteen quote it at a Hagin "campmeeting" years ago.