Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 01-10-2019, 06:12 AM
Apostolic1ness Apostolic1ness is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,022
Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
That's actually a very good question. I don't know the answer to that. I never have thought that backsiders need to get refilled with the Holy Ghost but I do think they need to repent. What do you think?
I do not believe backsliders posses the Holy Ghost in their backslidden state.
I do believe they need to repent and be renewed in the Holy Ghost just like anyone else would.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,718
Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
I do not believe backsliders posses the Holy Ghost in their backslidden state.
I do believe they need to repent and be renewed in the Holy Ghost just like anyone else would.
At what POINT is one considered backslid?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Apostolic1ness Apostolic1ness is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,022
Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
At what POINT is one considered backslid?
MTD thats a good question. It may not be a point it may be a process. Its definitely worth looking at. And It may be different per individual.

Also there may be benchmarks that if passed it is obvious a person is backslid.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-10-2019, 07:34 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,718
Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
MTD thats a good question. It may not be a point it may be a process. Its definitely worth looking at. And It may be different per individual.

Also there may be benchmarks that if passed it is obvious a person is backslid.
I agree it is a process. It seems only Jesus who knows the hearts of all men knows at what point HE considers one backslid or when he actually cuts one off.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:29 AM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,584
Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
2 Corinthians 13:5,

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

You two don't know if God has given up jfrog to a reprobate mind, and yet you both adamantly proclaim that either he never received the Holy Spirit, or that God took the Holy Spirit away from him. The Scriptures declare that Jesus Christ, as the Life-Giving Spirit, continues to dwell in a person unless or except they are reprobates, yet you're both so sure of your positions, even in the face of Paul's writings.

Therefore, since you don't know if jfrog is reprobate you can't possibly know whether God actually did originally give him the Holy Spirit, or took It away.
Paul never states what you have just said. Neither do the the other writers in the New Testament. That is 100% false doctrine to tell someone unless they are a rebrobate they still have the HG.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:10 PM
1ofthechosen's Avatar
1ofthechosen 1ofthechosen is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,639
Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
2 Corinthians 13:5,

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

You two don't know if God has given up jfrog to a reprobate mind, and yet you both adamantly proclaim that either he never received the Holy Spirit, or that God took the Holy Spirit away from him. The Scriptures declare that Jesus Christ, as the Life-Giving Spirit, continues to dwell in a person unless or except they are reprobates, yet you're both so sure of your positions, even in the face of Paul's writings.

Therefore, since you don't know if jfrog is reprobate you can't possibly know whether God actually did originally give him the Holy Spirit, or took It away.

By his own confession he doesn't have it. And God didn't take anything away more like he had no place for it. He may of had the Holy Ghost but it never had him and that's very obvious.

Most importantly this a null situation, because it's not even a real scenario, nor is JFrog a real person. I mean I'm sure he's a person but not who he's claiming to be so I take everything he says the same way.
__________________


Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:16 PM
1ofthechosen's Avatar
1ofthechosen 1ofthechosen is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,639
Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Paul never states what you have just said. Neither do the the other writers in the New Testament. That is 100% false doctrine to tell someone unless they are a rebrobate they still have the HG.
Sad part is he's defending someone who's only playing games by being here anyway. By his own confession he knows he doesn't have the Holy Ghost, but yet Votive is trying to convince him he does cuz he can still Hyundai Kawasaki Yamaha and tie my bow tie. If anyone should know they got it or don't it should be that person. I agree with him he doesn't have it, and I believe he probably never really did. If he did he have it, it didn't really have him. Because he's forgot all about it, and has passed it off as common.
__________________


Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:53 AM
jfrog's Avatar
jfrog jfrog is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,716
Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
By his own confession he doesn't have it. And God didn't take anything away more like he had no place for it. He may of had the Holy Ghost but it never had him and that's very obvious.
Nice job accusing God again. The amazing thing about the Holy Ghost is that you canít accuse me of anything regarding it without also accusing God.

Quote:
Most importantly this a null situation, because it's not even a real scenario, nor is JFrog a real person. I mean I'm sure he's a person but not who he's claiming to be so I take everything he says the same way.
More lies. Isnít it against your religion to lie?
__________________
You better watch out before I blitzkrieg your thread cause I'm the Thread Nazi now!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:57 AM
jfrog's Avatar
jfrog jfrog is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,716
Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Sad part is he's defending someone who's only playing games by being here anyway. By his own confession he knows he doesn't have the Holy Ghost, but yet Votive is trying to convince him he does cuz he can still Hyundai Kawasaki Yamaha and tie my bow tie. If anyone should know they got it or don't it should be that person. I agree with him he doesn't have it, and I believe he probably never really did. If he did he have it, it didn't really have him. Because he's forgot all about it, and has passed it off as common.
Votive offered an idea that reconciled the issue. It may or may not be true but that is far further than you have gotten. Your acting like the devil with all your accusations.

Jfrog is fake
Jfrog is someone else
Jfrog is playing games
The Holy Ghost never had jfrog
He Holy Ghost wasnít given to jfrog
God didnít give the Holy Ghost to jfrog

The funny thing is that you donít even realize you arenít just accusing me but that you are also accusing God. Go repent.
__________________
You better watch out before I blitzkrieg your thread cause I'm the Thread Nazi now!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:00 AM
jfrog's Avatar
jfrog jfrog is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,716
Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Paul never states what you have just said. Neither do the the other writers in the New Testament. That is 100% false doctrine to tell someone unless they are a rebrobate they still have the HG.
Well the Bible also doesnít say when someone loses the Holy Spirit. Iíd say votiveís quote at least gives evidence for his belief. Whereís the evidence for yours?
__________________
You better watch out before I blitzkrieg your thread cause I'm the Thread Nazi now!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IT is the Holy Ghost! Eliseus Deep Waters 343 07-17-2007 10:08 PM
12 Get Holy Ghost!! Sherri Fellowship Hall 27 05-31-2007 10:34 PM
3 Get Holy Ghost tamor Fellowship Hall 11 05-31-2007 09:52 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.