Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-04-2019, 12:56 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Dems want to eliminate EC

So, it appears that the Dems are already showing their true colors for the new Congress session, by introducing a bill to eliminate the Electoral College and elect Presidents by the popular vote.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39931...-ryan-saavedra

And the reason why? Because Hillary lost. Yes, they actually said that.

Quote:
"In two presidential elections since 2000, including the most recent one in which Hillary Clinton won 2.8 million more votes than her opponent, the winner of the popular vote did not win the election because of the distorting effect of the outdated Electoral College," Cohen said. "Americans expect and deserve the winner of the popular vote to win office. More than a century ago, we amended our Constitution to provide for the direct election of U.S. Senators. It is past time to directly elect our President and Vice President.”
Frankly, I think we need to get rid of the popular vote elections for Senators and allow the states to appoint them again. There's a reason the framers designed it this way, so that the people had a voice in the House and the states had a voice in the Senate.

I doubt this will go anywhere, but it's worth noting what the Dems are wanting to achieve. If they managed to get this through, then all our votes in "flyover country" would be drowned out by LA, SF, NY and a few other major cities.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Dems want to eliminate EC

These guys scare me

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:08 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
These guys scare me
I was talking with a coworker, and he believes that the EC system is "broken". I explained to him exactly why we need the EC, because it gives equal representation to the less populous states, and he still believes that - even though it's working as intended - the system is "broken".

That's what truly scares me, that people could believe it's actually okay to let mob rule dictate this country's future.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

If they did away with the EC votes then it would totally transform they way they generate their votes... basically they would campaign in California and New York the whole time and the rest of the US wouldn’t even matter.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I was talking with a coworker, and he believes that the EC system is "broken". I explained to him exactly why we need the EC, because it gives equal representation to the less populous states, and he still believes that - even though it's working as intended - the system is "broken".

That's what truly scares me, that people could believe it's actually okay to let mob rule dictate this country's future.
Mob rule isn't dictating anything, cause the mob is in reality a well disciplined, well organized, and well funded force bent on "fundamental transformation" of America. We are watching a slow moving Bolshevik Revolution in progress. But nobody wants to think about what that actually means.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-06-2019, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

If we eliminate the Electoral College, then we might as well eliminate the States themselves.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

And now Pelosi is trying to say Trump will not be "allowed" to deliver the State of the Union Address at the House. She wants it postponed to "after the shutdown ends". Obviously the democruds don't want Darth Vader Ginsberg's seat empty, it would be too obvious she's 1/1024th alive and make it clear we need a new SCOTUS appointment asap.

Why aren't these people in jail? Oh, that's right, cuz the loyal opposition is in on the scam.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-16-2019, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Popular vote would be a disaster. Voting systems are set up by the states. California has made a lot of movement towards letting illegal aliens vote, and de facto this can be done by simply giving out identification and having lax checking.

Plus, there are ways to vote "early and often", using buses and cars, as was pointed out by the NYC Election Commissionar in 2016, in an unguarded moment, caught on video.

Thus, in addition to the population cluster in major cities, having no sense for the vast heartland of the USA, you would end up with millions of extra votes, making the election no contest.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Popular vote would be a disaster. Voting systems are set up by the states. California has made a lot of movement towards letting illegal aliens vote, and de facto this can be done by simply giving out identification and having lax checking.

Plus, there are ways to vote "early and often", using buses and cars, as was pointed out by the NYC Election Commissionar in 2016, in an unguarded moment, caught on video.

Thus, in addition to the population cluster in major cities, having no sense for the vast heartland of the USA, you would end up with millions of extra votes, making the election no contest.
I'm kinda thinking' that's The Plan™.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I'm kinda thinking' that's The Plan™.

38 States will never ratify an amendment to abolish the EC.