Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 AM
Registered Member

Re: What Guns Do you own?

Wow born again christians "filled" with the Holy Ghost and still have to carry around guns for protection
Old 03-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Sometimes I just shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by imreedemed View Post
Wow born again christians "filled" with the Holy Ghost and still have to carry around guns for protection
Yep, and they still eat food, drink water, use the toilet, and walk wherever they go.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

Don't you guys just feel more protected in a place that says "No weapons allowed?" I mean, criminals then know no one has a weapon!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 03-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
My first 6 years as a Oneness P was in a PAW church. It was common knowledge that my pastor and a few other pastors in district were carrying, especially in the pulpit--reportedly in their briefcases. Can't count the number of messages I heard about walking by faith and how to trust God for everything at all times. I guess that means all times except when other people don't have faith and might want to harm you. Interesting theology, there.

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Last edited by MarcBee; 03-27-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Yep, and they still eat food, drink water, use the toilet, and walk wherever they go.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Don't you guys just feel more protected in a place that says "No weapons allowed?" I mean, criminals then know no one has a weapon!
That is why I feel safer when I walk into a place with this, or a similar sign on the front wall or window.

Last edited by RandyWayne; 03-27-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
1Marca-bees 2:38-39
The just shall try to live by faith, the faith that passeth all understanding, that thou maybe can passeth through thy days without killing other humans. 39 But if not, faith that thy Lord shall steady thy trigger-finger from nervousness in time of need, faith that thy bullets haveth no duds, as the Lord doth preserve thy powder in the deserts and the forests and the cities.

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBee View Post
1Marca-bees 2:38-39
The just shall try to live by faith, the faith that passeth all understanding, that thou maybe can passeth through thy days without killing other humans. 39 But if not, faith that thy Lord shall steady thy trigger-finger from nervousness in time of need, faith that thy bullets haveth no duds, as the Lord doth preserve thy powder in the deserts and the forests and the cities.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
We have a BB Gun out in the garage somewhere. Does that count?

Don't get me wrong tho - I wholeheartedly support YOUR right to own a gun! (or more than one if you want to, altho I'm not sure why you would want to).

The one thing I don't get tho is why people would want to own things like assault weapons? My dad and brothers are/were hunters. So I get owning all the hunting guns. Totally get that! But the other kind? I'm sorry. I just don't get that. I'm not saying we should take your rights away. I just say I don't understand why you want them?
I don't own any guns. At some point I will just don't know when. It will probably be a few years down the road.

As far as owning some of the weapons the media has hyped "assault rifles" yes I want to own some of those as well. First the media "hype" over so-called "assault weapons" is ignorant. They are not assault weapons. This is hyped up to try to obfuscate the issue and attempt to get "ignorant" people to agree (I use "ignorant" in its true definition - some people just don't understand the term). An assault weapon is a fully automatic weapon which are not currently legal to own. So the media is just full of false information in attempts to obfuscate the issues and pass an agenda that will ultimately disarm law abiding citizens furthering the dependency upon government alone. A point here concerning government dependency: Once everyone is dependent upon the government for health issues, food and safety then the government will be in a position to make more and more demands upon the citizens that are dependent upon that structure. This leads to tyranny, it is just a matter of time. Whether it be one generation, two generations or more tyranny will be the result.

Now to the so-called "assault weapons". It is not a matter of "need". It is matter of me being a law abiding citizen and having the right. No one, and I know you have stated you are not trying to take away that right, has the right to tell me what my "needs" are. Not Senator Finestein or President Obama. They are liars when they say they support the second amendment then turn around and try to gut it. Again it is not about my "needs' but my rights as a law abiding citizen.

Secondly, I enjoy firing them. They are fun to shoot.

Thirdly, When at a range there is limited time to fire. When the "all clear" is given you are not allowed to touch a bullet much less a weapon - for obvious safety reasons. People go down range during this time to setup targets and view how they have shot. The only time you can load is during the live fire time. Therefore, having a magazine that holds more rounds allows a person more time to practice firing.

Fourth, they are very could defense weapons. it has been stated before and I will state it again, that during the LA riots they were used by business owners to defend their property. Also, there are many "flash mobs" taking place across the country. You can google it and read about yourself. These would be excellent self defense weapons to defend your personal freedom and safety in one of those events.

Fifth, there are also home invasions that are taking place across the country. Again these type weapons are excellent choices. They are easy to handle and have capacity to eliminate the threat(s).

Sixth, they are generally lighter weight because they use a composite material making them easy for anyone to handle. Women and the elderly can easily fire them. They are accurate and have a limited recoil making them enjoyable to shoot as well as the above mentioned points.

Seventh, Due to their light weight they are easy to use in a hand to hand situation where they can be used as a type of staff. A quick butt stroke to the chin usually takes the fight out of people. Thus they can also be used to capture criminals while maintaining the ability to counter any assault from multiple attackers.

For me the so-called "assault weapons" (again they are not assault weapons) are a good home defense weapon that is easy to use in multiple capacities and have the ability to counter any assault from multiple attackers. Also, a woman or an elderly person can easily use them to defend themselves. Yes, I know of at least one incident recently where a 12 year old (if I remember correctly) used one to defend himself and little brother form a robber(s).
Old 03-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Sometimes I just shrug

The scripture does state that the righteous shall live by faith. It first states this in Habakkuk, during the time when God's people routinely defended themselves and anyone who killed, whether accidentally or on purpose, had to go to a city of refuge to await judgment, or the avenger of blood could kill him. I am not sure why people think Christians are supposed to be easy targets for typical violence. Just like I work a job in order to earn a living rather than trusting in God to supply groceries and bills miraculously, I also prepare to defend myself should I have to. I love the fallacious arguments and absurdities people spout to try to make it seem that true Christians are somehow transcendant.