Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

Re: I ask you to accept me

I don't think being able to post on this forum is the kind of fellowship God forbids. If a pagan, atheist, or any religions wants to post, I see now wrong. Unless they violate the rules agreed on when they registered. If I see a thread going in a direction that makes me uncomfortable I will move to another one. I'll be kind to anyone, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with them. Maybe there will be a spirit led post that will reach those who are without the one true God.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple4life View Post
Yep when they are mean to you, persecute you and anything else; love them, love them more and more.

I am not confused. I didn't say I would give them money to file lawsuits. I also will not dehumanize them by labeling them into a category. Those atheist are so special that Jesus shed his precious blood for them.

Yeah when it becomes us and them we have lost something. My two cents.
You seem to have mistakenly thought I was asking "Do we love them even if they are doing X"

You also some how thought I said you would give them money to file lawsuits. Nor did I say anything about dehumanizing them or labeling then in a category

I also said "Dont confuse the topic", not "You are confused if you would give them money to file lawsuits"

Some how you TOTALLY misunderstood what I posted...that was really...weird

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Registered Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
You seem to have mistakenly thought I was asking "Do we love them even if they are doing X"

You also some how thought I said you would give them money to file lawsuits. Nor did I say anything about dehumanizing them or labeling then in a category

I also said "Dont confuse the topic", not "You are confused if you would give them money to file lawsuits"

Some how you TOTALLY misunderstood what I posted...that was really...weird
Ok sorry. This is not the right thread to bring this up. I have a great testimony on how the Lord changed my way of thinking. I will bring it up later.

God bless
Old 08-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple4life View Post
Ok sorry. This is not the right thread to bring this up. I have a great testimony on how the Lord changed my way of thinking. I will bring it up later.

God bless

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

I remember John Atkinson banning me from GNC many moons ago......All I can say is wow.....
Old 08-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
I remember John Atkinson banning me from GNC many moons ago......All I can say is wow.....
WOW! You too, huh.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:56 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Interesting reading all the old threads in this forum. I've been around since Brother Yohe and the first FCF. I was on GNC with Brother Atkinson when he was the admin. I was surprised that I only posted once in this thread. I guess I said my peace. But I am always fascinated in American Churchism. Where even though John "One Eyed Fat Man" his new misnomer, still sounded just like he sounded when he was a Christian. There were also plenty of people willing to be nicer than Jesus (typical Americana) and embrace him. Thinking that if you love bomb enough, people will eventually join your religion, church, ward, cult, club, coven, whatever. I posted then John began to try to convince everyone that he wasn't a Gerald Gardnerite. It was Gardner who coined the word Wicca in a book he had put together. Anyway, I just find reading these old threads very interesting. John, I still hope you get it together. Changing religion never works, the prime reason it doesn't is because you have to take you with you.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkoe View Post
I trust God entirely too much to worry about that. I do not know the future, you do not know the future, JA does not know the future. God alone knows the future. I refuse to believe or act in accordance with an outcome that is not yet determined.

Respect for a person means treating them as an intelligent individual capable of making their own decisions, regardless of whether or not you agree with the decisions. Making dire predictions (that, again, you have no way of actually knowing are accurate) does nothing but push a person away. Especially a person involved in the occult. Especially especially a person who is exceedingly familiar with Christianity who is now involved in the occult. A decision to surrender your entire identity, everything you know, everything you believe, everything that fills your life, provides comfort, provides guidance, provides a sense of order to your life in order to pursue a different spiritual path is not a decision that is ever made lightly. The losses are intensely real. So are the gains. I deeply respect any person who passionately pursues truth, even at great personal cost. *Even if I do not agree with the conclusion they reach or the method by which they reach it.* Their right to make that choice and to journey along the path they feel drawn to is something I will always defend. Even when I may have seen further down the path, even when I know what could happen, even when my beliefs are contrary to theirs. We cannot convict anyone and we certainly should not condemn anyone. Unfortunately, many of the posts in this thread are entirely too close to condemnation for my comfort. Dire predictions fall into that category, as well as the category of claiming to know the future.

Instead of telling someone that bad things are going to happen to him, why don't you try telling them that you're glad to see/hear from them, that you wish them well, that you care about them and would like to be part of their life? Love is the most powerful force I know of.
It's like watching someone walk a dangerous path. Love will warn them to get off that path.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 01-20-2020, 11:49 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
It's like watching someone walk a dangerous path. Love will warn them to get off that path.
Amen
Old 01-20-2020, 12:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Tho' one go with me, still I will follow....

No turning back, no turning back...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf