Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-13-2019, 09:27 PM
New User

Re: Meanwhile in Virginia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
You do remember that time that Jesus told the disciples to buy a sword . . .
right???
Where do you read that they used one?
Old 12-13-2019, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Where do you read that they used one?
I believe it was Peter in the garden with the sword.

It may have been the butler in the garage with pipe wrench.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:55 PM
New User

Quote:
I believe it was Peter in the garden with the sword.

It may have been the butler in the garage with pipe wrench.
And how did it turn out when Peter chopped off the guys ear?
Old 12-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well, I'm pretty sure he had another.

Listen, I really don't want to spoil it for you. You probably should read it for yourself.

I was referring to Jesus telling them to buy a sword, even sell your coat if necessary. They told him they already had two. He said that was enough. I'm just going from memory here. If you read the book, I'm sure it is better than my summary.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Apparently there is now a big bruha within the VNG (Virginia National Guard), the gubnah said he would use the national guard and a row erupted within the ranks prompting the Adjutant General to issue a statement stating he hasn't received any orders yet.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-14-2019, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
You do remember that time that Jesus told the disciples to buy a sword . . .
right???
I do remember. I’m not sure your point?

Luke 22:36
[36] Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

You’ll, have to explain your thoughts on what you believe this scripture is saying. Are you of the camp that says we need to have our guns ready to kill those that come against us. Guns bring a spirit upon a man if were not careful, they feel bigger and unstoppable with the gun by there side. I’m not against guns, like I said in a prior post, I’m a duck hunter, I enjoy hunting, but your not going to see me with a side arm walking around town, or with a gun in my pulpit either. People say Jesus is my protection, how can he be our protection if were already to take matters into our own hands. Like I said, I’m bringing another side to the argument, you can do what you feel to do. Yet, as the church we cannot do the “liberties” of this world and expect the Lord to help us.

Also with the scripture you brought up, lets not forget to make sure scripture interprets scripture...

Matthew 26:52
[52] Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I do remember. I’m not sure your point?

Luke 22:36
[36] Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

You’ll, have to explain your thoughts on what you believe this scripture is saying. Are you of the camp that says we need to have our guns ready to kill those that come against us. Guns bring a spirit upon a man if were not careful, they feel bigger and unstoppable with the gun by there side. I’m not against guns, like I said in a prior post, I’m a duck hunter, I enjoy hunting, but your not going to see me with a side arm walking around town, or with a gun in my pulpit either. People say Jesus is my protection, how can he be our protection if were already to take matters into our own hands. Like I said, I’m bringing another side to the argument, you can do what you feel to do. Yet, as the church we cannot do the “liberties” of this world and expect the Lord to help us.

Also with the scripture you brought up, lets not forget to make sure scripture interprets scripture...

Matthew 26:52
[52] Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
My point is that the sword was a weapon to defend yourself or for offense. Yet Jesus told them to buy one.

You said that we say God is our protector, but we also say that God is our provider. Yet, in spite of our saying this, I have heard of people that profess to be Christian, (allegedly pastors even) that will actually take a shotgun duck hunting! Imagine the hypocrisy!

They should just take a basket for God to put all the ducks in. Yet, their faith will fail them and they will resort to shooting the ducks that God is providing them just before they tumble into their arms.

Scandalous!!!
Old 12-14-2019, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
He was rebuked by the Lord, to put his sword away. Funny no one is saying its wrong for you to use a sword, or even a gun. Yet, people get upset when you point out that they want to use it for “self-defense”, Jesus was so correct, when he said those who LIVE by the sword will die by it.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:54 PM
New User

Quote:
My point is that the sword was a weapon to defend yourself or for offense. Yet Jesus told them to buy one.

You said that we say God is our protector, but we also say that God is our provider. Yet, in spite of our saying this, I have heard of people that profess to be Christian, (allegedly pastors even) that will actually take a shotgun duck hunting! Imagine the hypocrisy!

They should just take a basket for God to put all the ducks in. Yet, their faith will fail them and they will resort to shooting the ducks that God is providing them just before they tumble into their arms.

Scandalous!!!
Don’t work, don’t eat... -the Bible
Old 12-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Don’t work, don’t eat... -the Bible