Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-28-2019, 08:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Why Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Let’s go there. Please. I know people who won’t even read the story of the birth of Christ (in the Bible) because they are afraid of the whole Christmas thing. I think it is ridiculous.
So, you happen to know a few religious idiots and therefore it reflects on my logic? Wait, you sound just as bizarre. Here is why, you are saying that by people reading the portion in Luke they would deduce that they are to celebrate His birth? They are also to do it in December? They are also going to give gifts to each other? Dude, this is why my brother, posted that you have no credibility.

Please quit while you are ahead.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
It sounds like?

Did was Jesus a law keeper?
Jesus was a law keeper.

Made of a woman.

Gal.4

[4] But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
[5] To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

He didn’t fulfill the law upon His birth, but upon His crucifixion.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
So, you happen to know a few religious idiots and therefore it reflects on my logic? Wait, you sound just as bizarre. Here is why, you are saying that by people reading the portion in Luke they would deduce that they are to celebrate His birth? They are also to do it in December? They are also going to give gifts to each other? Dude, this is why my brother, posted that you have no credibility.

Please quit while you are ahead.
Well at least you admit that I’m ahead.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Well at least you admit that I’m ahead.
You are only ahead because you don't have two posters melting you down.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You are only ahead because you don't have two posters melting you down.
I’m sorry for seeming to boast of being ahead of you. It is really not something to be proud of.

Now . . .

Would you like to tell which of the Mosaic law statutes we should still observe?

And when you think they should end?

If ever?
Old 12-28-2019, 08:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Jesus was a law keeper.

Made of a woman.

Gal.4

[4] But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
[5] To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

He didn’t fulfill the law upon His birth, but upon His crucifixion.
When Jesus' warns the disciples that they should pray that their flight from Jerusalem's siege wouldn't be on the sabbath day. Did he know this seige would be before or after His death? If His audience weren't going to be observant according to His NEW RELIGION, then warning them about breaking the sabbath, going against the lock down, a moot point. Jesus was observant, taught His followers to be observant. Paul is accused of teaching Judeans who are Apostolics to stop circumcising their children, and to forsake the law of Moses. James discussion with Paul is about Paul refuting the false accusation by performing ritual cleansing at the temple. Paul circumcised Timothy Acts 16:3. Yet, Titus Paul did not. Yet, we are talking about the moral law here concerning the commandments thou shall not murder, commit adultery, honor God and no one else, and honor the sabbath. Which you cannot say that we are still obligated to keep one or three and leave the other undone.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I’m sorry for seeming to boast of being ahead of you. It is really not something to be proud of.
You back to playing victimized sore loser?
Old 12-28-2019, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You back to playing victimized sore loser?
I haven’t done that. What I HAVE done is try to get you to be truthful about what I have said.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
When Jesus' warns the disciples that they should pray that their flight from Jerusalem's siege wouldn't be on the sabbath day. Did he know this seige would be before or after His death? If His audience weren't going to be observant according to His NEW RELIGION, then warning them about breaking the sabbath, going against the lock down, a moot point. Jesus was observant, taught His followers to be observant. Paul is accused of teaching Judeans who are Apostolics to stop circumcising their children, and to forsake the law of Moses. James discussion with Paul is about Paul refuting the false accusation by performing ritual cleansing at the temple. Paul circumcised Timothy Acts 16:3. Yet, Titus Paul did not. Yet, we are talking about the moral law here concerning the commandments thou shall not murder, commit adultery, honor God and no one else, and honor the sabbath. Which you cannot say that we are still obligated to keep one or three and leave the other undone.
Do you observe the Sabbath?
Old 12-28-2019, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The prophecy does not prove that Christians need to be Sabbath keepers. It is clear that the command to flee is for the people at Jerusalem, and Jesus tells them to pray that it doesn’t happen in winter or in the Sabbath because the obvious difficulties to flee in winter or Sabbath day. It is obvious that you can come to the conclusion that Jerusalem, at the time of the fulfillment, is going to be dominated by Jewish Sabbath keeping, to the point of affecting the transportation system.