Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Banned

Re: Why don't we see healings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Hmm--I am chiefly persuaded by the kid's age, and knowing that God provides healing; all the healing you will ever need has been provided, and one just needs to turn to it. Five year olds still have faith, and also can't lie (hmm). Just talk to the kid, T2W.

And I believe like you do, and I'm expecting some story of a homeless guy picking up dead birds so they can fly away; pretty soon.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

You know, there may be many healings that we do not recognize. Everybody wants to see an obvious healing, such as polio disfigured legs lengthening or documented paralyzed people from accidents jump up and dance. But how many of us attribute what we consider the small healings to come from God?

Just yesterday, my son was home from college for spring break. We were driving to visit our 90-year-old elderly friend in the nursing home. While on our way there, I suddenly began to feel very strange all over my body. I got a swimming sensation in my head, a weakness...unlike I have ever felt before. I told my son that I don't feel right. He asked me what was wrong. I did not know, but my first thought was to get to the hospital right now. Then I realized that by the way I feel, I will not make it to the hospital... like it was curtain's for me. I thought...this is it...the end of my life. I told my son very quickly to pray for me. He asked me again what was wrong. I told him I did not know but something is not right. So he prayed for me in Jesus Name and within a minute or two this awful weakness and feeling like I was about to pass out left.

I have no explanation as to what happened to me. My son keeps asking me what that was all about and I cannot answer because I don't know. But what I do know is that after he prayed for me, it reversed itself and I felt myself return to normal.

We in America run to the doctor most times when we find something amiss in our body. The doctor gives us medication, then we pray for healing. We never know if it is God who healed us or if the medication that relieves the symptoms.

Last edited by AreYouReady?; 03-16-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSS1976 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI
If you like Benny, you will love his wife. Don't worry about having to watch a lengthy video... She gets right to her point in the first 1 minute....ewww...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jhw_5ye8Qo
Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Banned

You wanna know why you don't see healing? Check out the latest Lego cartoons (Cartoon Channel).

Last edited by bbyrd009; 03-16-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:33 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

I have asked as to why we do not receive healings. I have asked as to why we do not see healings. The truth is, healings are a supernatural manifestation of the presence of God to restore what sin and the Fall have taken from us. Bodily sickness, pain, and yes, physical death are all fruit of the fall and sin. Let God be God, and let Him make the call as to whom He chooses to get glory through in healing.

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify
Old 03-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Banned

Well, I would somewhat agree at "miraculous healings," but if we're talking RA...
And, glory thru healing? Huh?
Old 03-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Non-white I am a pink man

[QUOTE=AreYouReady?;1148684]You know, there may be many healings that we do not recognize. Everybody wants to see an obvious healing, such as polio disfigured legs lengthening or documented paralyzed people from accidents jump up and dance. But how many of us attribute what we consider the small healings to come from God?
QUOTE]

I was raised from the dead. I was dead/dieing/headed to hell and eternal death. Jesus stepped in and called me to Him and saved my life. I consider that to be the greatest healing of all. A person with no legs or very sick or blind can enter heaven without having had a 'physical' healing. Those who are 'well' might not enter heaven. Which is more important?
Old 03-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

My youngest brother was healed of athsma when he was not much more than a baby. Mom and Dad were running to the hospital nearly 10 minutes or more away. They were told that they were going to have to buy a respirator for the house because it was too far, and one day an attack would kill him.

It was shortly after this, that our family was in church one evening listening to the pastor preach. He stopped, looked over at my youngest brother lying under the pew, and said, "Lord, heal that baby!" He then completed his message. My brother has never had another attack since that day.

The key to receiving a healing or miracle is to be willing to suffer illness, injury, death, deprivation, uncertainty, and rely totally on God to see you out. The old song says it well,

God specializes in things thought impossible,
and He will do the same for you.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Last night I received a text message from a young minister friend. He asked "Why don't we see healings?" I was getting ready for work and replied that I'd have an answer for him today. I thought about it through my shift, and honestly, I don't know what to say to him.

Your thoughts??
Because there's sin in the church. That's why.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
My youngest brother was healed of athsma when he was not much more than a baby. Mom and Dad were running to the hospital nearly 10 minutes or more away. They were told that they were going to have to buy a respirator for the house because it was too far, and one day an attack would kill him.

It was shortly after this, that our family was in church one evening listening to the pastor preach. He stopped, looked over at my youngest brother lying under the pew, and said, "Lord, heal that baby!" He then completed his message. My brother has never had another attack since that day.

The key to receiving a healing or miracle is to be willing to suffer illness, injury, death, deprivation, uncertainty, and rely totally on God to see you out. The old song says it well,

God specializes in things thought impossible,
and He will do the same for you.
I really want to believe this, but I think the evidence does not bear it out.

I know scores of fantastic, faith-filled saints who were not healed physically, but died from illness and injury.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves