Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-02-2019, 10:53 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Re: The Great Tribulation: Battleground Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Yes I said that. I believe it is. Maybe they will keep backing it up until they get it.

So where and what is the bottomless pit according to you and your brothers?
First of, I don't know where the bottomless pit is.

However, I'm curious as to your belief regarding the bottomless pit being on earth.

Like, how does that work? if there is a bottomless pit on earth, doesn't that mean there's a big hole on the earth extending from one continent to another continent?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you see the bottomless pit being a literal pit on earth.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 04-03-2019, 07:23 AM
Loren Adkins

Quote:
What you dont see apparently is that MANY PEOPLE get saved BECAUSE OF the prophetic warnings. Also for many of us it gives a glorious sense of expectancy while waiting for the coming of Jesus Christ to gather together his elect.
No many people do not get saved because of fear. Most people get saved because of Jesus is the answer of their life of sorrow. Very few get saved because of fear.

Quote:
Also for many of us it gives a glorious sense of expectancy while waiting for the coming of Jesus Christ to gather together his elect.
The same expectancy of dyeing Because most believe that when they die they go strait to be with the Lord.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
This guy has it figured all out, and he is going to tell us his good sound teaching.

Great science fiction!!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 04-03-2019, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
No many people do not get saved because of fear. Most people get saved because of Jesus is the answer of their life of sorrow. Very few get saved because of fear.
Oh really? If no one ever gets saved because of fear why does Gods book the Bible contain fearful warnings on practically every page? I would say no one gets saved WITHOUT the fear of God.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:11 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yes I said that. I believe it is. Maybe they will keep backing it up until they get it.

So where and what is the bottomless pit according to you and your brothers?
You have a pretty bad memory. Here I am who can remember you telling me years ago about your "sack cloth shirt" you found at a yard sale. But you can't remember me posting my answers to you. Also in the same thread. You refer to hell as HADES. Speak English, you YAH it up when referring to God, and Greek it up when referring to the grave? Listen, I have great fun with you, because you give me a lot of material to work with. It isn't mean, it isn't strifeful, it is men having a discussion. Spitting and whittling, and if feelings get hurt? Then we suck it up and move on. Right? I known you were a hippy in 1974, but I was a biker. David Allan Coe commented once on that in one of his songs.

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...6&postcount=21
Old 04-03-2019, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

TG

Quote:
First of, I don't know where the bottomless pit is.

However, I'm curious as to your belief regarding the bottomless pit being on earth.
I just believe what John wrote.

Rev. 9:1-3

1And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

The bottomless pit or "abyss" appears to be somewhere in the earth. Agreed?
Quote:
Like, how does that work? if there is a bottomless pit on earth, doesn't that mean there's a big hole on the earth extending from one continent to another continent?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you see the bottomless pit being a literal pit on earth.
Well first off I simply take it by faith. Jesus our Creator knows a lot more about his earth than men do right? Who are we to say there is not a literal place in the earth where some kind of beings who have a king over them are?

Rev. 9:11

11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Thats how it works! I read what John wrote and believe it. Why would I not believe it? Can I explain it?

Perhaps not but neither can I explain how there is a place up in the sky called Heaven. I cant look up and see a cosmic city with a throne and God and angels.

Why do I then believe in it?

Because it is written.

Maybe....just maybe it may have something to do with the "hollow earth" theory? Perhaps theres some truth to it.

Just a speculation on my part of course.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Oh really? If no one ever gets saved because of fear why does Gods book the Bible contain fearful warnings on practically every page? I would say no one gets saved WITHOUT the fear of God.
Then you don't understand the meaning of the fear of God, just like you don't understand Biblical perfection. We don't have Zeusophobia, which is how the Greeks viewed their deities. There was nothing you could do to please these gods. They wanted you to jump through day to day hoops to be granted some boon. Or just not get struck down by them. That floated over to Christianity via Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy. When going into the temple of Hades, one would never lift their eyes towards the idol in fear of Pluto's (Roman name) swift retribution. Our Bible says "some" saving with fear Jude 1:23, this speaks of us who are trying to help individuals with real issues. We have to have caution mixed with mercy. Oh, and Jesus' mercy endureth forever. We are to respect Him, as we respect laws, incredibly fast cars, horses, motorcycles, and boats. Respect for the powerful. Not because we are shaking like a skinny puppy passing a peach pit, but because we know Him. We respect and honor Him.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
You have a pretty bad memory. Here I am who can remember you telling me years ago about your "sack cloth shirt" you found at a yard sale. But you can't remember me posting my answers to you. Also in the same thread. You refer to hell as HADES. Speak English, you YAH it up when referring to God, and Greek it up when referring to the grave? Listen, I have great fun with you, because you give me a lot of material to work with. It isn't mean, it isn't strifeful, it is men having a discussion. Spitting and whittling, and if feelings get hurt? Then we suck it up and move on. Right? I known you were a hippy in 1974, but I was a biker. David Allan Coe commented once on that in one of his songs.

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...6&postcount=21
So you believe the bottomless pit is Tarturus. OK. It well could be. So wheres the problem?
Old 04-03-2019, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Then you don't understand the meaning of the fear of God, just like you don't understand Biblical perfection.
We don't have Zeusophobia, which is how the Greeks viewed their deities. There was nothing you could do to please these gods. They wanted you to jump through day to day hoops to be granted some boon. Or just not get struck down by them. That floated over to Christianity via Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy. When going into the temple of Hades, one would never lift their eyes towards the idol in fear of Pluto's (Roman name) swift retribution. Our Bible says "some" saving with fear Jude 1:23, this speaks of us who are trying to help individuals with real issues. We have to have caution mixed with mercy. Oh, and Jesus' mercy endureth forever. We are to respect Him, as we respect laws, incredibly fast cars, horses, motorcycles, and boats. Respect for the powerful. Not because we are shaking like a skinny puppy passing a peach pit, but because we know Him. We respect and honor Him.
Wow this gets worse by the minute.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:35 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
TG

I just believe what John wrote.

Rev. 9:1-3

1And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

The bottomless pit or "abyss" appears to be somewhere in the earth. Agreed?

Well first off I simply take it by faith. Jesus our Creator knows a lot more about his earth than men do right? Who are we to say there is not a literal place in the earth where some kind of beings who have a king over them are?

Rev. 9:11

11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Thats how it works! I read what John wrote and believe it. Why would I not believe it? Can I explain it?

Perhaps not but neither can I explain how there is a place up in the sky called Heaven. I cant look up and see a cosmic city with a throne and God and angels.

Why do I then believe in it?

Because it is written.

Maybe....just maybe it may have something to do with the "hollow earth" theory? Perhaps theres some truth to it.

Just a speculation on my part of course.
Mike, to believe is to trust. I don't speculate that a 30 foot high scaffold is put up properly. I make sure it is, before I let others climb it. John is speaking to a Diaspora Judean world located in Asia Minor who understood their own religion, the pagan religions around them, and how the Judeans in Jerusalem absorbed it all, to become first century Jewish myth (book of Enoch) Brother Esaias wrote a lot of good stuff on that subject. You should of read it. But the bottomless pit, the abyss, as described in Homer's Iliad, was lower than the abode of Hades, as the heavens were as far from the earth. Bottomless refers to eternal, never ending, it is totally symbolic, and poetic. Just as the Roman patricians, and Diaspora Judeans understood.