Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Pentecost / Memorial Weekend Sunday Service

What was your churches Pentecost Sunday / Memorial Weekend service like?

At Christ Church Nashville it happened to be our communion Sunday (once a month) which made it special.

The choir has been singing new songs for an upcoming recording project and our summer Music Conference so that was a treat

Pastor Hardwick preached on the infilling of the Holy Spirit and at the end gave the pulpit to Dan Scott for the Altar call.

It was a good sermon tracing through the Bible the promise of the Holy Spirit and then the fulfillment of that on the day of Pentecost. Pastor Hardwick said the the "End times' started at the Day of Pentecost in the Upper Room and continues today.

I have a feeling he and Pastor Dan will expand on this over the next few Sunday's. Good Service.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Administrator

On a side note I was sitting in the auditorum when a little into service a couple came and sat across the aisle from me. I noticed they had two identical baby carrriers and sure enough they had two tiny twin babies.

At second glance I thought the woman sure looked a lot like the incredible talented and beautiful Gospel singer Natalie Grant who attends our church but who I have not seen for awhile.

I spoke to her on the way out of church about how good her babies were in church,etc and we laughed and talked a little. When I got home I looked up her official website to see if I was right and sure enough it was her! Her site was advertising a TV show that had followed her pregency and the birth of her twins.

Natalie Grant is a blonde who is not only an inspiration to hear sing but to look at also!!!!! LOL!!
Old 05-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

We had an awesome service this morning. Great worship, great message from the pastor. *big thumbs up*

He challenged those who were 40 and younger to make a commitment to commit themselves to doing more and become more involved in reaching their generation. There was terrific response and what I was most encouraged about and excited to see were the new people -- people who have begun attending here in the last while most of whom I don't know yet and have never had a conversation with -- who come forward making the kind of commitment they did and reaching out to and for the Lord.

My husband also passed out certificates to those who had just completed a Christianity 101 course that he teaches on Sunday mornings. This is the first of 3 levels. Again, there was a new couple receiving their certificate who I don't remember ever meeting. Amazing!

There's a new spirit in the place and I can see a big change happening both in the spiritual and the natural. I believe we're going to see really good things happen as time goes along!

It was so exciting and a first for me to see 10 Sikhs baptized in Jesus name last Sunday night! I'm still smiling about that! Several of them drive here from the U.S. side of the border.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 05-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

We did not do anything special for Pentecost Sunday.

For memorial day, our pastor preached on 2 Timothy 2:1-3 about being a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 05-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
We had an awesome service this morning. Great worship, great message from the pastor. *big thumbs up*

He challenged those who were 40 and younger to make a commitment to commit themselves to doing more and become more involved in reaching their generation. There was terrific response and what I was most encouraged about and excited to see were the new people -- people who have begun attending here in the last while most of whom I don't know yet and have never had a conversation with -- who come forward making the kind of commitment they did and reaching out to and for the Lord.

My husband also passed out certificates to those who had just completed a Christianity 101 course that he teaches on Sunday mornings. This is the first of 3 levels. Again, there was a new couple receiving their certificate who I don't remember ever meeting. Amazing!

There's a new spirit in the place and I can see a big change happening both in the spiritual and the natural. I believe we're going to see really good things happen as time goes along!

It was so exciting and a first for me to see 10 Sikhs baptized in Jesus name last Sunday night! I'm still smiling about that! Several of them drive here from the U.S. side of the border.
It is always good to see Sikhs seeking!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:24 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
On a side note I was sitting in the auditorum when a little into service a couple came and sat across the aisle from me. I noticed they had two identical baby carrriers and sure enough they had two tiny twin babies.

At second glance I thought the woman sure looked a lot like the incredible talented and beautiful Gospel singer Natalie Grant who attends our church but who I have not seen for awhile.

I spoke to her on the way out of church about how good her babies were in church,etc and we laughed and talked a little. When I got home I looked up her official website to see if I was right and sure enough it was her! Her site was advertising a TV show that had followed her pregency and the birth of her twins.

Natalie Grant is a blonde who is not only an inspiration to hear sing but to look at also!!!!! LOL!!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post

She is very short (but beautiful). Her husband is a handsome guy also so their kids are probably going to be stunning.

Of course the parents don't always determine the kids. My daughter is gorgous, my oldest son is handsome and the youngest son was voted most handsome his senior year in high schoo. They sure didn't get those looks from me!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:35 PM
philjones

Quote:
She is very short (but beautiful). Her husband is a handsome guy also so their kids are probably going to be stunning.

Of course the parents don't always determine the kids. My daughter is gorgous, my oldest son is handsome and the youngest son was voted most handsome his senior year in high schoo. They sure didn't get those looks from me!!!
Mrs. CC1 had to do double duty, I guess!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Mrs. CC1 had to do double duty, I guess!
Exactly! But as pretty as Mrs. CC1 is her daughter supercedes even her.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...30660805402498
Old 05-27-2007, 06:41 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Exactly! But as pretty as Mrs. CC1 is her daughter supercedes even her.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...30660805402498
I see some of dad in her....don't kid yourself.