Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Bro Lee Stoneking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
I agree, CC1, but excuse away they do, and why?

Because LS is a favored son...one whom the so-called elite have backed and supported.

It doesn't seem to be the truth that you preach that counts, rather the number of camp meetings and revivals from which you spout your deceptive message.
Would you agree that everyone who has Brother Stoneking come preach for him agrees with what Brother Stoneking believes? Therefore they wouldn't consider him heretical. Is everyone who is an Apostolic Pentecostal agree with Brother Stoneking's views on certain subjects? Even those who are in the same organization do they agree with everything Brother Stoneking teaches? Will we be appeased with a heresy trail for Brother Stoneking?
Old 08-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Bro. Beni, silence and acceptance in any other arena would denote agreement. But when it comes to the brethren, we are careful to make excuses...and this is the general 'we'...by no means indicting you.

I do believe that some in the UPCI, and many in high positions have indeed turned a blind eye and it is shameful.
Yet, they vote with their feet, some get up and walk out, or don't invite the minister to come to their meetings or congregations.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Would you agree that everyone who has Brother Stoneking come preach for him agrees with what Brother Stoneking believes? Therefore they wouldn't consider him heretical. Is everyone who is an Apostolic Pentecostal agree with Brother Stoneking's views on certain subjects? Even those who are in the same organization do they agree with everything Brother Stoneking teaches? Will we be appeased with a heresy trail for Brother Stoneking?
Well, let me say this...if it were me, and it is easy to say "if it were me" because it isn't me. But if it were me standing as a pastor or overseer of a congregation, and a man or woman were teaching something, even one thing, that I deemed unscriptural and even heresy, that individual would NOT be invited to speak in our assembly.

Furthermore, I would advise those under my pastoral care to avoid such a one.

The way I see it, they could stand behind the pulpit and share these teachings, influencing folks down the garden path of deception.

Does LS say good things? I'm sure he does. But I have heard preachers/teachers who are not Apostolic say good things.

Whether those who invite him to preach believe his teaching is heretical is not the point, IMO.

If it is not biblical truth and it is spouted as truth, it is error.

My opinions are strong, and as an elder I pray that you are not offended by them.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Well, let me say this...if it were me, and it is easy to say "if it were me" because it isn't me. But if it were me standing as a pastor or overseer of a congregation, and a man or woman were teaching something, even one thing, that I deemed unscriptural and even heresy, that individual would NOT be invited to speak in our assembly.

Furthermore, I would advise those under my pastoral care to avoid such a one.

The way I see it, they could stand behind the pulpit and share these teachings, influencing folks down the garden path of deception.

Does LS say good things? I'm sure he does. But I have heard preachers/teachers who are not Apostolic say good things.

Whether those who invite him to preach believe his teaching is heretical is not the point, IMO.

If it is not biblical truth and it is spouted as truth, it is error.

My opinions are strong, and as an elder I pray that you are not offended by them.
Your opinions on this subject I agree with, but there are men who don't agree with Brother Stoneking's views on some subjects, therefore wouldn't encourage their congregants towards Brother Stoneking's particular teachings. Brothers who take care of congregations, also wouldn't allow certain things to fly over the pulpit. I for one would of had an issue over the Ali Baba and the 40 wives story, the story of gutted exploding infants, and the scientists seeing the New Jerusalem far off in the galaxy being lobbed over the pulpit into the laps of the people. I have had some situations where I had to say something (while a visiting minister was in mid sentence) that is sad, but the people are expecting someone to say SOMETHING! So, having said all that Brother Stoneking does make statements a little too freely without having documentation behind the statements other than Elder Foofoofnick told him so in some meeting. Yet, in Pentecost you have groups, each group has its set of ministers who fellowship each other, but won't preach others from different groups within their own movement. Still the only thing missing would be a heresy trial. Therefore it would be up to the organization to go after all the different views, yet would they be able to fit them in the minister's manual? So since that is not happening anytime soon, it would be to the discretion of the minister who is responsible for the congregation on who he would put into the pulpit.

So let's pray for Brother Stoneking, and ourselves that we all can be able to hear from Jesus Christ. To hear whether it be good or bad, and be able to change accordingly.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Your opinions on this subject I agree with, but there are men who don't agree with Brother Stoneking's views on some subjects, therefore wouldn't encourage their congregants towards Brother Stoneking's particular teachings. Brothers who take care of congregations, also wouldn't allow certain things to fly over the pulpit. I for one would of had an issue over the Ali Baba and the 40 wives story, the story of gutted exploding infants, and the scientists seeing the New Jerusalem far off in the galaxy being lobbed over the pulpit into the laps of the people. I have had some situations where I had to say something (while a visiting minister was in mid sentence) that is sad, but the people are expecting someone to say SOMETHING! So, having said all that Brother Stoneking does make statements a little too freely without having documentation behind the statements other than Elder Foofoofnick told him so in some meeting. Yet, in Pentecost you have groups, each group has its set of ministers who fellowship each other, but won't preach others from different groups within their own movement. Still the only thing missing would be a heresy trial. Therefore it would be up to the organization to go after all the different views, yet would they be able to fit them in the minister's manual? So since that is not happening anytime soon, it would be to the discretion of the minister who is responsible for the congregation on who he would put into the pulpit.

So let's pray for Brother Stoneking, and ourselves that we all can be able to hear from Jesus Christ. To hear whether it be good or bad, and be able to change accordingly.
Excellent!

I would say though, that as the org had no problem in silencing Bro. Tekle on his teachings, in would be wise and right that they do the same here.

They will not, for the reason cited that he is a favored son, AND his off the wall beliefs on hair folks think makes the uncut hair teaching stronger, so they won't oppose it or him.

As I wrote earlier, it is sad on many levels...
Old 08-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Excellent!

I would say though, that as the org had no problem in silencing Bro. Tekle on his teachings, in would be wise and right that they do the same here.

They will not, for the reason cited that he is a favored son, AND his off the wall beliefs on hair folks think makes the uncut hair teaching stronger, so they won't oppose it or him.

As I wrote earlier, it is sad on many levels...
I attended a ladies retreat wherein KH was speaking. She had just been in a service with Stoneking in Houston, stating so, and apparently believes what he teaches on hair. It seems that he is not only a favored son, but that there are people who really believe what he teaches. I am sure my face turned white when she began to support his teaching.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 08-24-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Amen, people receive the Holy Ghost in his meetings, find faith, get healed, and Brother Stoneking IMHO is sincere about what he is doing. For the most part people learn to eat the fish, and spit out the bones, so while some things might raise an eyebrow on a saint, they tend to let it go and continue to follow all the good that comes from the individual. It's not like Brother Stoneking talks about exploding babies in every sermon.
Because those people have faith, are surrounded BY people with faith. and come expecting.

We elevate men in the Preaching world like sinners elevate Sports stars and Actors. It's no wonder they can read a tabloid story about Miners drilling to far and hearing screams from hell....and believe they can get away with repeating it as the truth

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I attended a ladies retreat wherein KH was speaking. She had just been in a service with Stoneking in Houston, stating so, and apparently believes what he teaches on hair. It doesn't seem that he is not only a favored son, but that there are people who really believe what he teaches. I am sure my face turned white when she began to support his teaching.
LS is an Evangelist...not a Teacher. He is not highly educated like Daniel Segraves...but of course Segraves does not have Rock Start status in the UPC. This again is why we are sooooo wrong for the way we idolize men. It's funny how the UPC in this respects is a microcosm of mainstream protestantism and by extension American society

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Agree....or don't care? Maybe apathy? Maybe they care more about numbers and the show than the truth? Sounds like TBN

Old 08-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
LS is an Evangelist...not a Teacher. He is not highly educated like Daniel Segraves...but of course Segraves does not have Rock Start status in the UPC. This again is why we are sooooo wrong for the way we idolize men. It's funny how the UPC in this respects is a microcosm of mainstream protestantism and by extension American society
It is more disturbing to me for a woman in leadership to promote Stoneking as well. I threw all the CD's I had of her in the trash, I was that mad about it.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 08-24-2013 at 01:42 PM.