Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: What Are You Reading Currently, 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

Jim stopped by to pray for my wife who was given 1 year to live by the Oncologist. This was a while back when she was in very bad shape. Well the prediction of her death has been thwarted by the Lord Jesus! The year was up 4-5 months ago and now he has told her he cant find any Cancer!
Hey, that's awesome! Praise the Lord!

Quote:
As to their movement it seems to have slowed some as to the teaching of plural Elders. The Church in Elyria is one they helped to establish and has the same foundation doctrine as I believe in myself.

They have live audio streaming from both of these Churches. I try to join in with the group in Carlise Pa. on Thursday nights at 7pm.

So they are doing ok please pray for Brother Jim he is one of the greatest Bible Teachers I have ever known and is a kind but strong disciple.
Can you send me a link to the audio streaming?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-01-2017, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Carlisle Christian Fellowship

http://www.weareccf.org/

They have Thursday night 7pm. Sunday 10:30am.

When you get to the site hit media This allows you to hear the audio. Sometimes the audio is a bit late coming on.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Thanks!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Sad to say Bro Jim Mckinley passed away Oct 30. Just found out. He will be missed but will have a crown of life at that day.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Covenant Apostolic

A Commentary on the Revelation of John by George Eldon Ladd
A scholarly and comprehensive exposition of Revelation written in the language of the layperson. The verse-by-verse commentary is preceded by a brief discussion of authorship, date, setting, structure, and various methods of interpretation as well as by an analytical outline of the book.

Solving the Mystery of BABYLON THE GREAT by Edward Hendrie"Attorney and Christian researcher Edward Hendrie investigates and reveals one of the greatest exposés of all time. . . . a book you don't want to miss. Solving the Mystery of Babylon the Great is packed with documentation. Never before have the crypto-Jews who seized the reins of power in Rome been put under such intense scrutiny." Texe Marrs, Power of Prophecy. The evidence presented in this book leads to the ineluctable conclusion that the Roman Catholic Church was established by crypto-Jews as a false "Christian" front for a Judaic/Babylonian religion. That religion is the core of a world conspiracy against man and God. That is not a conspiracy theory based upon speculation, but rather the hard truth based upon authoritative evidence, which is documented in this book. Texe Marrs explains in his foreword to the book: "Who is Mystery Babylon? What is the meaning of the sinister symbols found in these passages? Which city is being described as the 'great city' so full of sin and decadence, and who are its citizens? Why do the woman and beast of Revelation seek the destruction of the holy people, the saints and martyrs of Jesus? What does it all mean for you and me today? Solving the Mystery of Babylon the Great answers these questions and more. Edward Hendrie's discoveries are not based on prejudice but on solid evidence aligned forthrightly with the 'whole counsel of God.' He does not condone nor will he be a part of any project in which Bible verses are taken out of context, or in which scriptures are twisted to mean what they do not say. Again and again you will find that Mr. Hendrie documents his assertions, backing up what he says with historical facts and proofs. Most important is that he buttresses his findings with scriptural understanding. The foundation for his research is sturdy because it is based on the bedrock of God's unshakeable Word."
Old 12-15-2017, 02:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Sad to say Bro Jim Mckinley passed away Oct 30. Just found out. He will be missed but will have a crown of life at that day.
I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know Jim at all, but I enjoyed some of his writings at their website.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 12-15-2017, 02:57 AM
Administrator

I've made what I consider to be significant headway in my Bible reading project, to read through other English translations other than the oft-read KJV.

I recently concluded Revelation, and thus, the New Testament in the NKJV, and so, began Genesis 1 last night. In the NLT, I am nearly done with the Minor Prophets, and therefore, with the whole OT (I only have 1 Samuel through 2 Chronicles to read once I finish the Twelve).

Still reading through Psalms in the ESV. Also still making my way through SPQR by Mary Beard. It's beginning to pick up in pace and interest for me. It's a good read. I recommend it so far (I'm about 200 pages in).

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-24-2018, 06:13 AM
Covenant Apostolic

current simultaneous reading plan:

*New Testament, KJV in its entirety every two weeks for the remainder of 2018

*The King James Only controversy, by James R. White

*New Testament History, by F.F. Bruce

*The Reformation, The Story of Civilization, by Will Durant

*Solving the Mystery of Babylon the Great, by Edward Hendrie

*The Normal Christian Life, by Watchman Nee

*Pagan Christianity? by George Barna

*Virtuous Women: far above Rubies, by Joy L. Haney
Old 01-24-2018, 07:21 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Amana have you already read Durant's volume, Caesar and Christ: A History of Roman Civilization and of Christianity?
Old 01-24-2018, 07:47 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Amana have you already read Durant's volume, Caesar and Christ: A History of Roman Civilization and of Christianity?
I have the whole set but so far have only read volumes 1, 2, 4 and 5. I need to read 3.

1 I. Our Oriental Heritage (1935)
2 II. The Life of Greece (1939)
3 III. Caesar and Christ (1944)
4 IV. The Age of Faith (1950)
5 V. The Renaissance (1953)
6 VI. The Reformation (1957)
7 VII. The Age of Reason Begins (1961)
8 VIII. The Age of Louis XIV (1963)
9 IX. The Age of Voltaire (1965)
10 X. Rousseau and Revolution (1967)
11 XI. The Age of Napoleon (1975)