Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Re: Why don't we see healings?

[QUOTE=forgivenson;1148780]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
You know, there may be many healings that we do not recognize. Everybody wants to see an obvious healing, such as polio disfigured legs lengthening or documented paralyzed people from accidents jump up and dance. But how many of us attribute what we consider the small healings to come from God?
QUOTE]

I was raised from the dead. I was dead/dieing/headed to hell and eternal death. Jesus stepped in and called me to Him and saved my life. I consider that to be the greatest healing of all. A person with no legs or very sick or blind can enter heaven without having had a 'physical' healing. Those who are 'well' might not enter heaven. Which is more important?
Great point! Great testimony!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

I don't have as much time to post here, as I used to, but one thing we have to remember is the book of Acts was written over a long period of time.
I have seen several miracles in my life and had miracles happen to me.
Let me mention two.
1. My son had epilepsy from the time he was 6 years old until a last seizure in Jan of 2005. He was very bitter against God due to this. However about 3 years ago, he let go of his bitterness and received the Holy Ghost. He took medication every day, but after he this he stopped taking his medication. He went for his checkup last year and his EEG is clear!
2. In the spring of 2004, I experienced sudden hearing loss syndrome in my left ear and lost all hearing, overnight. After that, my hearing would come and go. I had multiple tests, mri, everything done. In the fall of 2004, my pastor called me up and said he believed God had instructed him to pray for me. I was instantly healed!
I have many more that I could share and many from my grandfathers ministry that he relayed to me.
God bless.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Banned

Amen. Healing is alive and well, where there is life.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Don't ask.

Suppose there was a genuine, impossible without supernatural intervention, documented, indisputable miraculous healing, and everyone who looked at it and the documentation accepted that it was true, not natural, and not a trick (even James Randi agrees). What would it prove?

Before you answer, perhaps you should consider some scriptures. E.g.,

Deut 13:1-3 1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Exodus 7:11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?

Last edited by Timmy; 03-18-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Banned

Yup, that's a great point--someone hungry to see a miracle can be deceived by a miracle.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Yup, that's a great point--someone hungry to see a miracle can be deceived by a miracle.
I don't know if you have to be hungry to be susceptible to deception, but it could be a factor, sure. I bet it explains a lot of Benny Hinn's fan club.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Don't ask.

And to balance the scriptures that show how miracles can deceive, we have:

John 2:11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

John 3:2
The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Acts 2:22
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Don't ask.

Bottom line: miracles are God's stamp of approval, except when they aren't.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
I really want to believe this, but I think the evidence does not bear it out.

I know scores of fantastic, faith-filled saints who were not healed physically, but died from illness and injury.

I never said that all would be healed. Everyone who has died had a cause behind it. Sometimes it is happenstance that God chose to allow, other times judgment, consequences of decisions made, or perhaps it was the will of God. That is not my place to say why God makes his decision.

I was saying that a person who wishes to see healings and miracles often does not wish to be the recipient of that miracle. That is why I made my comment. Often to see a miracle, one must be willing to endure hardship. I do not know if there is any other way.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I never said that all would be healed. Everyone who has died had a cause behind it. Sometimes it is happenstance that God chose to allow, other times judgment, consequences of decisions made, or perhaps it was the will of God. That is not my place to say why God makes his decision.

I was saying that a person who wishes to see healings and miracles often does not wish to be the recipient of that miracle. That is why I made my comment. Often to see a miracle, one must be willing to endure hardship. I do not know if there is any other way.
Not trying to misrepresent you. You stated; The key to receiving a healing or miracle is to be willing to suffer illness, injury, death, deprivation, uncertainty, and rely totally on God to see you out.

I believe the key is not as you describe, though I would not say willingness and faith are not important. The key is the will of God.

Faith and willingness to go where God wants us to go are crucial to the believer, but not just for healing in particular. We are victorious - even in death.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves