Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Not riding the train

God Answers Prayer!

God has been so good to me!

My son stopped attending church a few months ago and it has been a trying time for me, as it is for any parent.

He took up smoking, although I found out he's been doing that for a number of years, off and on with his neighborhood cronies.

I have been praying my "mother" type prayer! "Lord, when my son picks up a cigarette would you please make him start vomiting. I need you to make him sick with it!" lol! I meant it!

Sunday night our pastor said to me, in front of the congregation - This week God is going to answer one of your prayers.

Last night my son was getting ready to shower and I heard him throwing up. I thought it was just some congestion because it's been running through our whole family and our church.

He just got home and was calling for me as he walked in the door. I thought he got another raise at work. He sounded so happy!

He said, "Last night I was throwing up and it wasn't from the sausage I ate for dinner. It was because I've been smoking. Last night when I threw up I said, 'God, okay, that's it. Take this away from me.' When I drove to work this morning I threw the pack out of the window and I felt the addiction leave me."

God is a prayer answering God. We have authority in our prayers!!!

Jesus, you have been real in my life and you have been good to me!!!!! How powerful to see God's Spirit working in our lives and the lives of others. Being Spirit filled is the most awesome thing in my life!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:08 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Re: God Answers Prayer!

That's awesome! Praise God!
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Praise Him! Amen!
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_PoMo View Post
That's awesome! Praise God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Praise Him! Amen!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

That is a shockamoo moment if I ever heard one!! Thank you Lord!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post

That is a shockamoo moment if I ever heard one!! Thank you Lord!
I will with you! Going to church! Have a great evening!!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

PRAISE THE LORD!!

I have been praying this prayer off and on for a family member for almost 4 years now. Thanks for the testimony of your answered prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

My son stopped attending church a few months ago and it has been a trying time for me, as it is for any parent.

He took up smoking, although I found out he's been doing that for a number of years, off and on with his neighborhood cronies.

I have been praying my "mother" type prayer! "Lord, when my son picks up a cigarette would you please make him start vomiting. I need you to make him sick with it!" lol! I meant it!

Sunday night our pastor said to me, in front of the congregation - This week God is going to answer one of your prayers.

Last night my son was getting ready to shower and I heard him throwing up. I thought it was just some congestion because it's been running through our whole family and our church.

He just got home and was calling for me as he walked in the door. I thought he got another raise at work. He sounded so happy!

He said, "Last night I was throwing up and it wasn't from the sausage I ate for dinner. It was because I've been smoking. Last night when I threw up I said, 'God, okay, that's it. Take this away from me.' When I drove to work this morning I threw the pack out of the window and I felt the addiction leave me."

Jesus, you have been real in my life and you have been good to me!!!!! How powerful to see God's Spirit working in our lives and the lives of others. Being Spirit filled is the most awesome thing in my life!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

That is fantastic PO! I am so happy for you!
Remember I told you to "expect" good things for your son?

Well, continue to "expect"

God's not finished answering prayers!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

Praise God!!! WhooHoo!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Live like it.

Wonderful!!!

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!