Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

Overcoming Lust - Easy to do?

**This Post Removed By the Author**

Last edited by 2020Vision; 10-20-2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Too personal and transparent of a topic for this type of forum
Old 10-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

Re: Overcoming Lust - Easy to do?

Lust, man greatest weaakness. I find if I pray before going out in the world letting Christ be my strength it much much easier. I pray many times "Lord I weak to the world and lust in it but you not, I can not face it but you can" I find it helps greatly.

Watchman nee has a book "the overcoming life" that is great about overcomin sin and how christ is our strength and we can't help oursleves to sin. Example, "I can't stop smoking but Christ can"
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Don't look at their feet. It would similar to if a person was attracted to looking at a ladies chest or a lady looking just below a mans waist line. It is easier said than done I would say. Never had an issues with womens feet though I know it is an issue that many have. If it were me then I would go on a three day fast to start and if at the end of that fast if I were still tempted with that issue then fast another couple days. During that time I would be praying to God and being honest and tell him exactly what you are fighting against. Be specific though God knows our issues I believe He is waiting for us to acknowledge to Him exaclty what we need.

You know it is like if you wanted say a new fishing reel, rifle or whatever. You give him the specifics and your Father and you go to buy you that one. When you go to the store with him you see the 'dream gun' or 'dream reel' (not the one you told him you wanted). After he hears you describe the 'dream reel' or 'dream gun' he asked why you didn't ask him for the one you actually wanted and you reply cause I thought it was too expensive or to nice for me so I settled on the other one. God knows that you want freedom, but it goes a lot further if you verbalize it to Him cause then He will help you specifically. Sounds trivial perhaps, but it helps!
Old 10-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Banned

Thanks, brother.
I appreciate the advice. I will look for the Watchman Nee book too.
Just not looking is tough. While a man may like a woman's chest, it is covered. A man that likes feet is similar to a man that likes the woman's chest being aroung topless women.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Study Advocate

I believe you can lust after a biscuit.

Ron
Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronharvey View Post
I believe you can lust after a biscuit.

Ron
My husband needs prayer - really bad!
Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Banned

Thank you, Brother. Yes, I believe there are many men out there like this. My age and experience tells me so, though I used to not think so.

My old Pastor Anthony Mangun had a great series dedicated to men that was similar to some of these books too.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Banned

And somehow a biscuit gives you evil thoughts? The biscuit becomes such an obsession that they think about it during a time of worship?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Renewed

I believe the flesh is more dangerous to the walk of a christian than satan himself.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 10-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Study Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Vision View Post
And somehow a biscuit gives you evil thoughts? The biscuit becomes such an obsession that they think about it during a time of worship?
Yep,

Lot's of fat guys I know would kill for one.

Point is, lust, is like any other addiction.

I know people who will lie, cheat, and steal for any addiction.

Romans 7:7 "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet."

Ron