Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
No, I know you know what you're talking about.

Thanks for the info. I know there was a lot of discussion on this back on FCF but I really didn't follow it much.

I'd love to see a list of the basic tenets of Branhamism. Something in bullet form - simple - easy to understand. I'd like to be able to share this with the girls I work with at Blessings.
They don't operate like that. Nothing is as it seems their lingo is coded for deception. But in truth ALL-EVERYTHING-TOTALLY revolves around their understanding of NOT who Jesus is but who Branham was. Just look at the site you put up was it about Jesus or Branham all of them are the same only some are worse.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Some people could make a statue weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
No, I know you know what you're talking about.

Thanks for the info. I know there was a lot of discussion on this back on FCF but I really didn't follow it much.

I'd love to see a list of the basic tenets of Branhamism. Something in bullet form - simple - easy to understand. I'd like to be able to share this with the girls I work with at Blessings.
Brother Epley has plenty of bullets for false doctrine.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
Thanks, Bro. Epley, for a very good thread. Some growing pains left us with a lot of meaningless threads in the last few weeks and this thread offers us the kind of substance that we have lacked.

D4T, coming out of left field with a radically uncalled for remark shows us that you would rather offer a pointless argument than converse over legitimate points made.

Unless you are genuinely the kind who likes being trapped in the meaningless blather of threads lacking substance I think it would be a good idea to answer Bro. Epley's question he eventually asked you: What will cause a man to be lost? If the things that he listed won't affect the salvation of your soul then truth matters not one whit in other areas.

We await your answer.
Hi Dean,Amen.I sure get tired of alot of peoples smart remarks.I don't even read most of them because I am learning who makes most of them.Very unfruitful people.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

I know of a brother ( a very good friend of mine) who believed that William Branham was a prophet. As a matter of fact I was a pallbearer at his wifes funeral a few weeks ago.

He is a oneness believer who has kept every standard anybody could dream up.

He was baptized in Jesus name... he is filled with the Holy Ghost... he loves the word... he loves God.

And... I find out today... he is lost.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
Hi Dean,Amen.I sure get tired of alot of peoples smart remarks.I don't even read most of them because I am learning who makes most of them.Very unfruitful people.
Well then...
Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

One can listen to a sermon or two of Branham and may nnot pick up on the deception but listen to enough of them and the meter should start going off.
My home church was less than 100 miles from Jeffersonville and he was yet living when I got into the church. I remember very clearly the night he had the wreck we were in church and someone called the church for prayer. Our pastor had no idea the doctrines he was teaching at Jeffersonville. The only comment I heard him make was about Branham's teaching on marriage & divorce.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
I suspect that a thread like this will eventually give way to one key question; how much false doctrine can you hold on to and still be saved.

I think this is where the line is most always drawn when it comes to false doctrines and their deceptions. It is a 'let me keep my opinions that are contrary to scripture and tell me I'm saved' situation.

The part that frightens me about that whole mentality is that God literally said that the key ingredient of becoming reprobate is believing a lie! It is surely wisdom then to make sure our message is more protected than our opinions.
I love this post. So very true.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
I know of a brother ( a very good friend of mine) who believed that William Branham was a prophet. As a matter of fact I was a pallbearer at his wifes funeral a few weeks ago.

He is a oneness believer who has kept every standard anybody could dream up.

He was baptized in Jesus name... he is filled with the Holy Ghost... he loves the word... he loves God.

And... I find out today... he is lost.
Your view is from the OUTSIDE not the inside Branhamism is another gospel. Branham is the revelation that saved not what you have mentioned. Does the reason anyone does anything matter??????
Thye do noe believe you are in the Bride and may only be saved by going through tribulation or being good to one of them that is a fact. They reject your Acts 2:38 experience. But I want to be clear if some sinner stumbled into one of these churches and obeyed Acts 2:38 and did not believe their heresy they would be saved if they got out of there.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Your view is from the OUTSIDE not the inside Branhamism is another gospel. Branham is the revelation that saved not what you have mentioned. Does the reason anyone does anything matter??????
Thye do noe believe you are in the Bride and may only be saved by going through tribulation or being good to one of them that is a fact. They reject your Acts 2:38 experience. But I want to be clear if some sinner stumbled into one of these churches and obeyed Acts 2:38 and did not believe their heresy they would be saved if they got out of there.

Hee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 04-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actaeon View Post
I preached against Branhamism once in a particular church and one of the sisters there told someone that she wasn't getting what she needed from me.

She was a bit seedy.