Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Re: An Interview with William Branham...interestin

Heres the truth about the tent and the newspaper.. from the horses mouth

Now concerning the tent here, the tent does not belong to me, or none of the equipment belongs to me. It belongs to the "Voice of Healing," a inter-evangelical paper which is published in Shreveport. A little paper, the paper once was mine. When I started, the ministers kept telling me that, "You need a paper to carry your articles in."

And, well, I told Brother Lindsay, the one who was very much interested in that; I said, "Brother Lindsay, all right, we'll start it." And one day while in praying, God gave me the name, the title, "Voice of Healing." And it will rank right with my ministry, "the voice of one crying in the wilderness," and so forth. And so I gave it the name of "Voice of Healing."

I stayed so long in the platforms and things until I had to take a eight month's rest. I was off the field when they thought that I would leave the world. You've heard the story of that. And while I was gone, why, some of the other ministers that were following along behind my ministry, but going ahead praying for the sick, and they were carrying articles and so forth. So the suggestion was made that we make it a inter-evangelical paper, and just not representing any one certain man. And that's the way I like to see things. I don't want things that are looked as to myself; I want it for the church of the living God, for everybody.
You know, Jacob dug three wells. The one well, they drove him away, and he called it "strife." And another one was "malice," I believe, or "hatred," or something. He dug the third well and he said, "There's room for us all." So I think that's what it is now: there's room for us all..

Brother Lindsay then, taken the paper and made it a non-profited organization, of the paper, representing all the ministers of the land who carry a Divine healing ministry that's living the right kind of life and above reproach. Brother Lindsay looks into those things. And then, He wanted to make me president of it. He wanted to give me what more. But I said, "Brother Lindsay, I want to be just in the paper. That's all. And make my articles the smallest one in the paper. If nothing else, the itinerary so the people will know where I'm at. That'll be all that's necessary. I don't want one thing out of the paper but telling of the meetings and do what you want to, for I'm for anything that represents God." And the little paper does. It's a very fine little paper.

Then the tent problem was named and overseas. First thing, it come by inspiration. Our auditoriums would just take two or three nights, have to leave. Some cities, dear Christian people crying and begging, we'd have no place to go. Brother Moore, crossing a bridge at Little Rock, one morning from the meeting where many great signs and wonders were being done, Brother Moore had a inspiration that the Lord told him to build a tent. Brother Moore went out and had this tent built by Brother Welch in Pensacola, Florida. While there, Moore is a businessman as many of you know him. He's a contractor. He allowed a half million dollar job while he was gone to some more people, come back, found himself broke. And there he was and couldn't take the tent.

Then it fell to the hands of Me, I have nothing. And so it fell to the hands of Brother Lindsay to save the tent. He goes and buys the tent himself, and puts it in the name of "The Voice of Healing." Therefore, the tent does not belong to me or any certain person.

It belongs to the "Voice of Healing," and I just pay rent on it while I'm here. Everywhere I go, I pay rent. I like auditoriums, have nothing against auditoriums, but if this tent is going to be used for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the tent rents cheaper than an auditorium. But I would rather pay three hundred dollars a day extra for the tent to know that the tent was going to be used for preaching the Gospel than to be at the auditoriums where they sponsor dances and everything else of the world. I'd rather do that. So anything to...

Therefore, the tent could be mine if I wished for it, but it's not that. Brother Lindsay's a very fine man to work with. Brother Lindsay, and Brother Hall, Brother Baxter, all those men are very fine. But then, the people made up a donation to buy me a home. They built me a little five room house. The day when I walked into it, I looked up there and I seen it. I'd always been a pilgrim; never has a Branham never owned nothing; we're vagabonds. And I--I looked at--at that--at our little house, and I said, "Lord, I'm not worthy to walk into it." I knelt down at the gate and took my wife by one hand, little boy by the other and I said, "Father, I thank You. As long as You let me live, I'll remember everyone that put even a penny on here." But I said, "Now, I--I won't have this for myself, for when I leave, let it go to Your ministry."
Old 06-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Heres the truth about the tent and the newspaper.. from the horses mouth

Now concerning the tent here, the tent does not belong to me, or none of the equipment belongs to me. It belongs to the "Voice of Healing," a inter-evangelical paper which is published in Shreveport. A little paper, the paper once was mine. When I started, the ministers kept telling me that, "You need a paper to carry your articles in."

And, well, I told Brother Lindsay, the one who was very much interested in that; I said, "Brother Lindsay, all right, we'll start it." And one day while in praying, God gave me the name, the title, "Voice of Healing." And it will rank right with my ministry, "the voice of one crying in the wilderness," and so forth. And so I gave it the name of "Voice of Healing."

I stayed so long in the platforms and things until I had to take a eight month's rest. I was off the field when they thought that I would leave the world. You've heard the story of that. And while I was gone, why, some of the other ministers that were following along behind my ministry, but going ahead praying for the sick, and they were carrying articles and so forth. So the suggestion was made that we make it a inter-evangelical paper, and just not representing any one certain man. And that's the way I like to see things. I don't want things that are looked as to myself; I want it for the church of the living God, for everybody.
You know, Jacob dug three wells. The one well, they drove him away, and he called it "strife." And another one was "malice," I believe, or "hatred," or something. He dug the third well and he said, "There's room for us all." So I think that's what it is now: there's room for us all..

Brother Lindsay then, taken the paper and made it a non-profited organization, of the paper, representing all the ministers of the land who carry a Divine healing ministry that's living the right kind of life and above reproach. Brother Lindsay looks into those things. And then, He wanted to make me president of it. He wanted to give me what more. But I said, "Brother Lindsay, I want to be just in the paper. That's all. And make my articles the smallest one in the paper. If nothing else, the itinerary so the people will know where I'm at. That'll be all that's necessary. I don't want one thing out of the paper but telling of the meetings and do what you want to, for I'm for anything that represents God." And the little paper does. It's a very fine little paper.

Then the tent problem was named and overseas. First thing, it come by inspiration. Our auditoriums would just take two or three nights, have to leave. Some cities, dear Christian people crying and begging, we'd have no place to go. Brother Moore, crossing a bridge at Little Rock, one morning from the meeting where many great signs and wonders were being done, Brother Moore had a inspiration that the Lord told him to build a tent. Brother Moore went out and had this tent built by Brother Welch in Pensacola, Florida. While there, Moore is a businessman as many of you know him. He's a contractor. He allowed a half million dollar job while he was gone to some more people, come back, found himself broke. And there he was and couldn't take the tent.

Then it fell to the hands of Me, I have nothing. And so it fell to the hands of Brother Lindsay to save the tent. He goes and buys the tent himself, and puts it in the name of "The Voice of Healing." Therefore, the tent does not belong to me or any certain person.

It belongs to the "Voice of Healing," and I just pay rent on it while I'm here. Everywhere I go, I pay rent. I like auditoriums, have nothing against auditoriums, but if this tent is going to be used for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the tent rents cheaper than an auditorium. But I would rather pay three hundred dollars a day extra for the tent to know that the tent was going to be used for preaching the Gospel than to be at the auditoriums where they sponsor dances and everything else of the world. I'd rather do that. So anything to...

Therefore, the tent could be mine if I wished for it, but it's not that. Brother Lindsay's a very fine man to work with. Brother Lindsay, and Brother Hall, Brother Baxter, all those men are very fine. But then, the people made up a donation to buy me a home. They built me a little five room house. The day when I walked into it, I looked up there and I seen it. I'd always been a pilgrim; never has a Branham never owned nothing; we're vagabonds. And I--I looked at--at that--at our little house, and I said, "Lord, I'm not worthy to walk into it." I knelt down at the gate and took my wife by one hand, little boy by the other and I said, "Father, I thank You. As long as You let me live, I'll remember everyone that put even a penny on here." But I said, "Now, I--I won't have this for myself, for when I leave, let it go to Your ministry."
Dr. Vaughn the eight months referred to here is the time of his nervous breakdown I referred to.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Dr. Vaughn the eight months referred to here is the time of his nervous breakdown I referred to.
OK, I sort of read into that... I was wondering what the eight months were..... I can only imagine the rumors that must have been circulating during those times.... did you ever meet Bro. Branham?

Bro V
Old 10-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

I passed through Jeffersonville, Indiana, this summer and stopped in to see Branham tabernacle and the grave where Branham was buried. I was given a tour of the little church. There is not even a sign in front of the church. They have about 300 or so attend Sunday Mornings.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
Once a fellow told me Branham was the seventh angel in Revelation cause he had a sign over his head.
this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Branham.jpg (57.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-11-2011, 03:49 PM
BroMatt

I have met and fellowshipped with some of the people that believe he was a prophet, and they mostly speak about Jesus. This is an excellent example, however, of following a messanger instead of following the message.

I think it was difficult for Branham himself to understand his own life and calling, and I also think he got into some serious doctrinal error, but then there are many in my own lifetime that have been used of God, and also been into serious doctrinal error.

I like that he was not a trinitarian, and that he promoted Jesus name baptism. Beyond that, I am not his judge, and I think many that over-respect him today will be corrected by the Lord Jesus.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

Met him in 1964 at Souls Harbor in Dallas, Tx. Made a picture of him backstage after service. The picture had a glare over his shoulder. ??? Not claiming anything, just stating fact. They have the picture in their archives of photos. I've heard some on AFF be just as harsh as he was at times. Just sayin'.....

BT

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 01-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMatt View Post
I have met and fellowshipped with some of the people that believe he was a prophet, and they mostly speak about Jesus. This is an excellent example, however, of following a messanger instead of following the message.

I think it was difficult for Branham himself to understand his own life and calling, and I also think he got into some serious doctrinal error, but then there are many in my own lifetime that have been used of God, and also been into serious doctrinal error.

I like that he was not a trinitarian, and that he promoted Jesus name baptism. Beyond that, I am not his judge, and I think many that over-respect him today will be corrected by the Lord Jesus.

I fully concur. God used the man. Period. Some give him too much glory and some give him no honour at all, when he was used of God.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
Met him in 1964 at Souls Harbor in Dallas, Tx. Made a picture of him backstage after service. The picture had a glare over his shoulder. ??? Not claiming anything, just stating fact. They have the picture in their archives of photos. I've heard some on AFF be just as harsh as he was at times. Just sayin'.....

BT
Glare?! I've seen pictures where people had red eyes. They must be of the devil....just sayin'....

- Groucho Marx
Old 01-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I fully concur. God used the man. Period. Some give him too much glory and some give him no honour at all, when he was used of God.
Wasn't Pharaoh used by God?

- Groucho Marx