Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:27 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Near-death is not afterlife.

And yes. You have faith. And I'm "not sure". But more specifically, I am not sure about the very existence of a supreme being that created everything. I am relatively more certain that such a being had nothing to do with ANY purported holy books. You think he had nothing to do with any of them except one. Not that much difference between you and me, after all!

And that's all that really matters to those that are on the forum.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
AMEN!

Timmy, they don't get it. I have faith, but I think I get it.

Trying to convince an agnostic or an atheist that the Bible is true and that God of the Bible is the one true God (AMEN) is like trying to convince a blind man that the sky is blue.
Houston, I agree with you. However, I think your perception is that I am trying to prove God to Timmy which isn't the case at all. I am DEFENDING what I believe to Timmy and marcbee (not that the burden of proof is on me).

Try this Houston: Trying to convince one who has faith in God and His word is false is like trying to convince a man who can see that the sky is green. An analogy can go many different ways.

Last edited by BrotherEastman; 09-19-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah! Or, uh, something like that, yeah!
His analogy was that you are blind, I guess.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Houston, I agree with you. However, I think your perception is that I am trying to prove God to Timmy which isn't the case at all. I am DEFENDING what I believe to Timmy and marcbee (not that the burden of proof is on me).

Try this Houston: Trying to convince one who has faith in God and His word is false is like trying to convince a man who can see that the sky is green. An analogy can go many different ways.
I was once blind like Timmy is now, but the Lord in his mercy opened my eyes to the truth.

Timmy at one time did see, but the Lord for his own reasons has closed Tim's eyes to the truth.

For God (Yes this comes from God himself) gave Tim a strong delusion, that he might believe a lie.

The delusion is so strong that no one can ever dissuade Tim that it is real, only Tim can do that by repenting of his sins and asking God for forgiveness, the ball is really in Tim's court.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
And that's all that really matters to those that are on the forum.
To some, sure. But there are a fair number who want to know why they have faith. I often prod you guys with food for thought, questions you should consider if you haven't already, questions that used to bother me -- even if they don't both you (or all of you). I exercise you in 1 Peter 3:15. Well, not you, if you're not interested, but just saying.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 09-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
I was once blind like Timmy is now, but the Lord in his mercy opened my eyes to the truth.

Timmy at one time did see, but the Lord for his own reasons has closed Tim's eyes to the truth.

For God (Yes this comes from God himself) gave Tim a strong delusion, that he might believe a lie.
You make it sound like it's no my fault!

Quote:
The delusion is so strong that no one can ever dissuade Tim that it is real, only Tim can do that by repenting of his sins and asking God for forgiveness, the ball is really in Tim's court.
Oh. My sins. So it is my fault. I guess. (Nobody can not sin, by design, but still...)

Why am I not surprised?
Old 09-19-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
To some, sure. But there are a fair number who want to know why they have faith. I often prod you guys with food for thought, questions you should consider if you haven't already, questions that used to bother me -- even if they don't both you (or all of you). I exercise you in 1 Peter 3:15. Well, not you, if you're not interested, but just saying.
And you exercised me in in 1 Peter 3:15 well. I've given you reason for my hope, or at least I think I did.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
And you exercised me in in 1 Peter 3:15 well. I've given you reason for my hope, or at least I think I did.
What? Guess I missed it.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 09-20-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
What? Guess I missed it.
1 Peter 3:15 did not say I had to prove anything, it simply said to give an answer of the hope that is within us. Remember me telling you that without faith it is impossible to please God?????? In my original post Timmy that is the reason of my hope. FAITH is found throughout the passages of the bible which you choose to ignore except when it is convenient for you to use 1 Peter. lol
Old 09-20-2014, 10:10 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
1 Peter 3:15 did not say I had to prove anything, it simply said to give an answer of the hope that is within us. Remember me telling you that without faith it is impossible to please God?????? In my original post Timmy that is the reason of my hope. FAITH is found throughout the passages of the bible which you choose to ignore except when it is convenient for you to use 1 Peter. lol
Sure, I remember that. It doesn't explain why you have faith in what you have chosen to have faith in. But I'll go out on a limb here and guess that it is because God led you to that faith. He is the author and finisher of your faith. Something like that?

Great that it works for you. Will it work for everyone? The obviously true answer is "no". But some will answer "yes" anyway. They think they have to, or something.

(Not sure what passages I "ignore". Want to fill me in?)

Why am I not surprised?