Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Off With Their Heads.

Brethren if a man is overtaken in any trespass ,you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness ,considering yourself lest you be tempted.
Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ. GAL. 6:1,2 NKJV
Here we have the great Apostle Paul , instructing the Christian church in Galatia to restore those who have fallen in a trespass , and consider yourself lest you be tempted ,and in doing so you will be showing yourself spiritual.

It's been said that the Christian army is the only army in the world who buries the wounded ,and what an indictment again'st The Lord's church.

So very often when believers get off track and get their eyes off of Christ they stumble and fall.
How many reach out a hand of hope and healing and restoration and reconciliation to the fallen ?

Alot of times folks sneer and said well I knew they never had anything anyways ,I knew they weren't right ,yeah they never had the Holy Ghost begin with , I knew they were half -backsliden yeah off with their heads I knew they wouldn't ever make it.

How many wounded folks has the church buried and left for dead ,and didn't even bother to pour in wine and oil and nourish them back to spiritual health?

Have we cried off with their heads and dug a grave and threw the wounded in and let them die ?

Or have we proven ourselves spiritual and have tried to restore those who have been taken in a trespass ?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Excellent Post Bro. and full of truth. I want to be an encourager.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Thank you The Lord deals with me about subjects like this.
I know sin must be judged but the harsh self righteous attitudes of some really disturbs me.
Paul said he was what he was by the grace of God and nothing else ,the only goodness we can claim is what God's grace allows us to have.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Thumbsucker

Excellent thoughts Bro. Hutchinson.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Thank you Thumbsucker ,that name makes me smile.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Hello AFF!

Amen, Amen, Amen Bro. Scott !!!!

This bothered me in the last years as a UPC- saint.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:14 AM
CupCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
Brethren if a man is overtaken in any trespass ,you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness ,considering yourself lest you be tempted.
Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ. GAL. 6:1,2 NKJV
Here we have the great Apostle Paul , instructing the Christian church in Galatia to restore those who have fallen in a trespass , and consider yourself lest you be tempted ,and in doing so you will be showing yourself spiritual.

It's been said that the Christian army is the only army in the world who buries the wounded ,and what an indictment again'st The Lord's church.

So very often when believers get off track and get their eyes off of Christ they stumble and fall.
How many reach out a hand of hope and healing and restoration and reconciliation to the fallen ?

Alot of times folks sneer and said well I knew they never had anything anyways ,I knew they weren't right ,yeah they never had the Holy Ghost begin with , I knew they were half -backsliden yeah off with their heads I knew they wouldn't ever make it.

How many wounded folks has the church buried and left for dead ,and didn't even bother to pour in wine and oil and nourish them back to spiritual health?

Have we cried off with their heads and dug a grave and threw the wounded in and let them die ?

Or have we proven ourselves spiritual and have tried to restore those who have been taken in a trespass ?
I see you had your caffeine for the day.... Great post dude, really ~
Old 05-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Cup Cake my caffeine came from my Diet Coke.I'm here in the house by myself so I'm goofing off HA HA HA.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOPER View Post
Amen, Amen, Amen Bro. Scott !!!!

This bothered me in the last years as a UPC- saint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCake View Post
I see you had your caffeine for the day.... Great post dude, really ~
Quote:
Cup Cake my caffeine came from my Diet Coke.I'm here in the house by myself so I'm goofing off HA HA HA.
Here, here, for Scotty!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Brethren if a man is overtaken in any trespass ,you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness ,considering yourself lest you be tempted. Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ. GAL. 6:1,2 NKJV

Good post, Scott. It is indeed a terrible indictment on Christian churches today - especially apostolic churches (upc, aljc, pajc, paw, etc).

I know one pastor who's stated multiple times that a friend of mine cannot be forgiven and will go to hell for sins he committed.

It's sad to see lives destroyed by pastors and ministers who are arrogant and judge and condemn people to hell.

I pray these ministers experience a fresh vision of hell, so they can understand the horrors and perhaps next time they won't be so hasty in condemning someone there, but will try to help them back to God.