Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 11:10 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Marriage Rejuvenation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I was just being straight forward, I didn't mean to be crude. We're all adults here,
Have you really lost your mind? It is a public forum viewed by everyone who has a search engine. Yeah, everyone is an adult. Everyone excluding you. Young people view this forum, no one needed to hear about you breakfast where you and your girlfriend played Tarzan and Jane.

Quote:
and the topic is a mature one.
Too bad you aren't mature enough to figure out this ain't the place for it.

Quote:
Certainly if we're going to talk about marriage rejuvenation the subject of sex, intimacy, play, and re-igniting that original spark will come up.
in·ti·mate definition: private or secret.

This is a Christian forum, but you enjoy coming here and posting whatever goof ball foolishness you can muster. You are just so unbelievable.

Quote:
What are we going to recommend, going to the zoo? I truly didn't mean to offend any virgin ears. lol
Virgin ears? What next, you going to post pictures? Go into the details? Everyone is a prude if they don't go for your description of your imitation of Moses David Berg's breakfast time?

Quote:
The verse you quoted in context reads...
Ephesians 5:11-12 King James Version (KJV)
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
This is sad, because it reveals what you were taught concerning sex and marital intimacy.
Your girlfriend needs to buy you a dictionary.

Quote:

First, this verse isn't about discussing marital intimacy.
Sadly you have no idea what is means to be intimate.

You know what the word decorum means?

Quote:
It is about talking about those things which are done by the wicked in the privacy of darkness. Second, when marital intimacy is mentioned in the Bible, it is mentioned with a mature frankness, and there is nothing unholy, unclean, or dirty about it.
No, bro, you are talking about you and your girlfriend stripping down nude to eat waffles. No body cares, and that image nobody need to even go there.

[QUOTE=Aquila;1496737]
Proverbs 5:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.
You mostly post with ESV, wonder why you used KJV?

Here is the ESV interpretation. doesn't sound like Aquila sitting naked eating Lucky Charms.

Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight;
be intoxicated always in her love.

Quote:

And then there is the Hebrew euphemisms in the Song of Solomon.
Song of Solomon 7:8
I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;
Song of Solomon 2:3
As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
Love and physical intimacy between a husband and wife is not crude, lewd, or dirty. It's lovely, precious, sacred, joyous, pure, and blessed. When someone gets all "grossed out" or "shocked" about marital intimacy, you can be relatively certain that they don't have a healthy view of this gift of God.
Bro, I totally understand that you honestly have no shame, you have no respect for yourself, let alone anyone else. You are like an ecclesiastical John Wayne Gacy, Instead of dressing like Pogo the Clown, you put on the caring Christian. You quote Titus 1:15 but buddy boy, you know that verse is all over your face. That prayer, fasting and getting soaked in the word? Never gonna happen, huh?

Bro, Jesus is the only remedy to everything we have a problem with.

Pray and fast.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I was just being straight forward, I didn't mean to be crude. We're all adults here, and the topic is a mature one. Certainly if we're going to talk about marriage rejuvenation the subject of sex, intimacy, play, and re-igniting that original spark will come up. What are we going to recommend, going to the zoo? I truly didn't mean to offend any virgin ears. lol

The verse you quoted in context reads...
Ephesians 5:11-12 King James Version (KJV)
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
This is sad, because it reveals what you were taught concerning sex and marital intimacy. First, this verse isn't about discussing marital intimacy. It is about talking about those things which are done by the wicked in the privacy of darkness. Second, when marital intimacy is mentioned in the Bible, it is mentioned with a mature frankness, and there is nothing unholy, unclean, or dirty about it.
Proverbs 5:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.
And then there is the Hebrew euphemisms in the Song of Solomon.
Song of Solomon 7:8
I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;
Song of Solomon 2:3
As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
Love and physical intimacy between a husband and wife is not crude, lewd, or dirty. It's lovely, precious, sacred, joyous, pure, and blessed. When someone gets all "grossed out" or "shocked" about marital intimacy, you can be relatively certain that they don't have a healthy view of this gift of God.
Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Aquila, are you married? I know you were several years ago, but divorced, per your own testimony here at AFF. But what about right now?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 08-24-2017, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I'm way too uptight.
The odds are that only a few people would have noticed what was written here if you hadn't made a big deal out of it.

But you make some good points. Maybe a marriage thread isn't the best thing for an open forum wherein the more intimate elements of marriage might come up in a discussion.

I do know of several Christian forums wherein they have the marriage section locked down and inaccessible to those who are not over 18.

So, instead of lobbing personal insults, I'm going to perhaps suggest a solution. Can we make the marriage section more restricted so that only adults can access it? That way if a more intimate subject matter is being discussed it is more private.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Aquila, are you married? I know you were several years ago, but divorced, per your own testimony here at AFF. But what about right now?
Yes, we're married. And I'm believing the latter house will be greater than the former house.

I've already had a number of people tell me I'm in sin for remarrying. So, if you're going to go down that road, I just wanted you to know I'm already well informed.

Last edited by Aquila; 08-24-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Our favorite thing to do together - Take a drive on an old country or logging road together with the windows rolled down. Pack a picnic lunch for two, with a favorite treat. Find a quiet place to spread out a blanket and just sit together, enjoying the picnic, and nature around you. And just talk to each other. No cell phones allowed. (Well, usually where we go, cell phones are useless anyway, no service, lol!)

That sounds very nice. I'm now planning to do this as the weather cools for the Fall. Thanks for the idea.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
I'm going to perhaps suggest a solution. Can we make the marriage section more restricted so that only adults can access it? That way if a more intimate subject matter is being discussed it is more private.
I still don't think it's a good idea to discuss intimate details of our relationships on a Forum, even in a restricted area
Old 08-24-2017, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I still don't think it's a good idea to discuss intimate details of our relationships on a Forum, even in a restricted area
I can respect that. Eh, to each their own.

But a restriction would allow some degree of protection for those who are under 18.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...2&postcount=73

You made up my quote? To make it look like I was saying that I'm uptight?

Chris, you are such a liar.

Quote:
The odds are that only a few people would have noticed what was written here if you hadn't made a big deal out of it.
No, most people just get disgusted and leave the thread. Because they see it's just you playing shock the Christians.

Quote:
But you make some good points. Maybe a marriage thread isn't the best thing for an open forum wherein the more intimate elements of marriage might come up in a discussion.
Oh, you just figured that out? You mean you just stumble your way through life like a drunken man carrying a ming vase? Chris, your wife, is she cool with you telling everyone on the World Wide Web that she dusts the shelves in the nude? No Apostolic wife would appreciate their husband talking about their PRIVATE life on a forum? A forum? Good points, like the ones on top of your head.

Quote:
I do know of several Christian forums wherein they have the marriage section locked down and inaccessible to those who are not over 18.
Really?

May I suggest you go there.

Where you and the other "Christians" can talk about your weirdness. Locked down Marriage forum? Right on bro!

You know, this place isn't helping you. You are either one of the biggest fakers, or you are literally coming apart at the seams. Bro, you need to find a place to meet Jesus Christ. You need to be filled to overflowing with the Holy Ghost. Bro, your solutions aren't solutions, they are just deeper into the pit.

Quote:
So, instead of lobbing personal insults, I'm going to perhaps suggest a solution. Can we make the marriage section more restricted so that only adults can access it? That way if a more intimate subject matter is being discussed it is more private.
With you? You think anyone in their right mind would give you access to a locked private room on their forum? To discuss your weird inclinations.

Insults? No, they are observations of your great zeal to be over the top on a Christain forum.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I can respect that. Eh, to each their own.

But a restriction would allow some degree of protection for those who are under 18.
What could you possibly want to discuss, on an internet forum, that "under 18 not allowed" would even remotely appeal to you?

GOOD GRIEF, you need to go.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-24-2017, 07:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
What could you possibly want to discuss, on an internet forum, that "under 18 not allowed" would even remotely appeal to you?

GOOD GRIEF, you need to go.
What kind of "Christian" forum has an Adult Section?

I think Aquila done bumped his head.