Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.


View Poll Results: Is the serpent seed doctrine a "damnable heresy"?
Yes. It's a perverse false doctrine that should be strongly rejected. 59 77.63%
No. Its an doctrinal error, but it's pretty harmless. 10 13.16%
No. I believe the serpent seed doctrine is biblical truth. 4 5.26%
I'm not sure. 3 3.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
serpent seed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Rico Rico is offline
Shaking the dust off my shoes.


 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nunya bidness
Posts: 9,004
Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Rico,, you close cases way too soon and with too much self assurance.. the case is not closed.... she conceived of course...... what does that prove and what case does it close?
In order for her to conceive, it took her egg, which had her DNA. That settles the argument on whether Jesus had her DNA or not.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:25 PM
HeavenlyOne HeavenlyOne is offline
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,736
Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

The Bible in Matthew 1 mentions the lineage of Jesus through Joseph...and uses 'begat' to describe parentage from one generation to the next.....except with Mary and Jesus.

Matt. 1:15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob; 16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
__________________
I've gone and done it now! I'm on Facebook!!!
My Countdown Counting down to: My world crashing to the ground.
Is this what being 40 is all about???
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:27 PM
HeavenlyOne HeavenlyOne is offline
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,736
Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
In order for her to conceive, it took her egg, which had her DNA. That settles the argument on whether Jesus had her DNA or not.
Rico, the Bible doesn't say that she conceived.

In addition, God doesn't need an egg to create life. He could have or couldn't have. I'm not sure He did or didn't. I can only go by what the Bible is saying about the matter.
__________________
I've gone and done it now! I'm on Facebook!!!
My Countdown Counting down to: My world crashing to the ground.
Is this what being 40 is all about???
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Rico Rico is offline
Shaking the dust off my shoes.


 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nunya bidness
Posts: 9,004
Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Where is the scripture that says she conceived?

The scripture says 'that which is conceived in her', not that she conceived.

Mt 1:20
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Case still open.

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost
Matt 1:18-20 (KJV)

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luke 1:26-31 (KJV)

Conception requires an egg. The angel did not say to her she would incubate.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Rico Rico is offline
Shaking the dust off my shoes.


 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nunya bidness
Posts: 9,004
Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Rico, the Bible doesn't say that she conceived.

In addition, God doesn't need an egg to create life. He could have or couldn't have. I'm not sure He did or didn't. I can only go by what the Bible is saying about the matter.
The Angel told her she would conceive. Either she conceived or the angel was a liar.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Dr. Vaughn
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

She Conceived OF THE HOLY GHOST ----- DIVINE CREATION... not help needed... no egg needed.....

CONCEIVE - Exact meaning - in HEBREW - :Harah: to become pregnant.....

plain and simple.. she became pregnant./... by a DIVINE ACT.. no eggs needed
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:37 PM
HeavenlyOne HeavenlyOne is offline
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,736
Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost
Matt 1:18-20 (KJV)

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luke 1:26-31 (KJV)

Conception requires an egg. The angel did not say to her she would incubate.
You need to know the definition of 'conceive'. Understand that the word for 'conceive' as used to describe what happened to Mary is different than the word used to describe the pregnancy of Elisabeth.

Mt 1:20
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

conceive

Gennao
Phonetic Spelling
ghen-nah'-o Verb
Definition

1. of men who fathered children
1. to be born
2. to be begotten
1. of women giving birth to children
2. metaph.
1. to engender, cause to arise, excite
2. in a Jewish sense, of one who brings others over to his way of life, to convert someone
3. of God making Christ his son
4. of God making men his sons through faith in Christ's work

Now, the verse about Elisabeth:

Lu 1:24
And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,

conceive

Sullambano
Phonetic Spelling
sool-lam-ban'-o Verb
Definition

1. to seize, take: one as prisoner
2. to conceive, of a woman
1. metaph. of lust whose impulses a man indulges
3. to seize for one's self
1. in a hostile sense, to make (one a permanent) prisoner
4. to take hold together with one, to assist, help, to succour

It's clear that there is a difference in the two definitions. I find that problematic in what you are claiming.
__________________
I've gone and done it now! I'm on Facebook!!!
My Countdown Counting down to: My world crashing to the ground.
Is this what being 40 is all about???
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:41 PM
HeavenlyOne HeavenlyOne is offline
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,736
Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
The Angel told her she would conceive. Either she conceived or the angel was a liar.
Rico, please post scripture as I am doing. The angel didn't say she would conceive, but that which was in her was conceived of the Holy Ghost. There is a difference in what you are saying and what the Bible is saying, even though it can appear to be the same thing.

I believe Jesus was conceived in her of the Holy Ghost, as the Bible says.
__________________
I've gone and done it now! I'm on Facebook!!!
My Countdown Counting down to: My world crashing to the ground.
Is this what being 40 is all about???
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Baron1710's Avatar
Baron1710 Baron1710 is offline
Cross-examine it!


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orcutt, CA.
Posts: 6,736
Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Isaiah 7:14: "Therefore the LORD Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel."
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Steve Epley's Avatar
Steve Epley Steve Epley is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,890
Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
No sir, brother.... the SS doctrine tells us that EVERY MAN who is going to come to GOD, WILL INDEED come to God... when he hears the Message.. when he hears the call
See ONLY the righteous predestined seed can come to God not the serpent seed that is elected to damnation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent seed doctrine & Evolution theory. cyber_truth Branhamism 31 02-23-2012 12:13 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.