Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Re: DKB's Impassioned Plea For Iranian Branhamite?

I'm curious; are we supposed to not care about this situation because Youcef has Branhamite connections??????

What exactly is significant about DKB's bulletin, other than being concerned about a pastor who is about to be hanged for being something other than Muslim? Do you disagree that this pastor should be called an "Apostolic contact?" I disagree with many tenants of Branhamism [?], but they are still a facet of the Apostolic movement, albeit an extreme one.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 12-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I'm curious; are we supposed to not care about this situation because Youcef has Branhamite connections??????

What exactly is significant about DKB's bulletin, other than being concerned about a pastor who is about to be hanged for being something other than Muslim? Do you disagree that this pastor should be called an "Apostolic contact?" I disagree with many tenants of Branhamism [?], but they are still a facet of the Apostolic movement, albeit an extreme one.
Again I hope this pastor is freed ... and the verdict is still out on whether his fellowship is closely aligned with Branham .... but to jump the gun and somehow proclaim that this group is "Apostolic" simply because it appears to baptize in "Jesus name" ... or that it makes it an automatic entry into the AOP ranks is interesting, at least to me ...

So if I baptize babies in Jesus name by sprinkling, believe the Holy Ghost is received by the laying of hands and animal sacrifice ... I'm Apostolic?

This type of latitude is not even given by the org's general board when it goes after emergents who have left the Apostolic message because they wear untucked shirts with jeans and believe we are saved at repentance.

Last edited by DAII; 12-02-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Again I hope this pastor is freed ... and the verdict is still out on whether his fellowship and closely aligned with Branham .... but to jump the gun and somehow proclaim that this group is "Apostolic" simply because it appears to baptize in "Jesus name" ... or that it makes it an automatic entry into the AOP ranks is interesting, at least to me ...

So if I baptize babies in Jesus name by sprinkling, believe the Holy Ghost is received by the laying of hands and animal sacrifice ... I'm Apostolic?
DA:

I consider Branhamites to be a fringe element of Apostolica; do you?

To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—

Old 12-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Location: Migrate around the Mid West, from Michigan - Indiana

Quote:

I would encourage all of us to pray for a man that is about to lose his life right in front of his family, and friends by these wicked men!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
I would encourage all of us to pray for a man that is about to lose his life right in front of his family, and friends by these wicked men!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
DA:

I consider Branhamites to be a fringe element of Apostolica; do you?
As it stands I view them as a cult in every sense of the word.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:22 PM

Muslims believe in the teachings of Christ ... are they Christians, Abigail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
As it stands I view them as a cult in every sense of the word.
That doesn't answer the question and you know it.

I view Branhamism as a cult, too, but they are still a fringe element of Apostolics, IMO. Therefore if a pastor has *connections* with them, he could also LIKELY be Apostolic, whether he himself is a Branhamite or not.

DKB did NOT claim that this pastor was UPCI. That doesn't mean he's not telling the truth by saying it's someone they've been in contact with.

I just don't understand the point of the thread, DA. This man could lose his life for sharing the Gospel (as best he knows it - if he's part of a cult and is sharing false doctrine, I'm not aware of it, and it doesn't make me any less concerned for him). When I first read the article, it said something about him being part of a "'Full Gospel" group, so I assumed he was trinitarian. The best thing we can do is pray for him and his family, and maybe we can solve the mystery of what he believes and teaches at a later date, hopefully after his sentence is NOT carried out.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

The term Apostolic covers a pretty broad spectrum of believers, doesn't it?

If you and I can be considered Apostolic, and we are diverse from one another in some ways, we need to cut some slack for others who are not exactly like us.