Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 05-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: The REAL problem with Islam

For every 'christian atrocity' there is a Muslim 'atrocity'. This kind of argumentation only shows that humans suck.

The real basis of difference between Islam and the Gospel is the matter of Divine Origin and Divine Approval.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
For every 'christian atrocity' there is a Muslim 'atrocity'. This kind of argumentation only shows that humans suck.

The real basis of difference between Islam and the Gospel is the matter of Divine Origin and Divine Approval.
You are unfortunately right.

There is otherwise no difference between Islam and the Bible until after the book of John and including the teachings of Jesus
Old 05-31-2013, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
The Hutaree were acquitted.
Yeah. I know

http://www.hutaree.org/
Old 05-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
You are unfortunately right.

There is otherwise no difference between Islam and the Bible until after the book of John and including the teachings of Jesus
The bolded part I would of course disagree with.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Divine inspiration: (n) def:

A Southern Baptist Missionary tortured his son when he was 12-years old in a felonious attempt cure him of his homosexuality, torture which included months of aversion therapy, like home electro-shock “therapy,” burning and freezing of his hands, and emotional abuse, including being told he had AIDS and was the only gay person alive and the U.S. government would kill him if they found him, according to the son, Samuel Brinton, who grew up in Iowa.

“My dad just started punching,” Samuel says. “That was the first day that I was sent to the emergency room, because I had ‘fallen down the stairs.’” He adds that he was sent to the emergency room “six more times,” and describes the unimaginable physical and emotional torture perpetrated on him by his family.

“Physical therapy was my hands being tied down and blocks of ice being placed on my hands. Then pictures f men holding hand would be shown to be so that way I would associate the concept of the pain of the ice with a man touching me.”

“Then we went into heat. Coils would be wrapped around my hands and you would be able to turn the heat on or off. So now if we had a picture of a guy and a girl hugging,t here was no pain. If we had a picture of a guy and a guy hugging, we had physical pain.”

“We then went into the ‘Month of Hell,’” Brinton explains in the video below. “The ‘Month of Hell’ consisted of tiny needles being stuck into my fingers and then pictures of explicit acts between men would be shown and I’d be electrocuted.”

Brinton says that during an attempted suicide, his mother offered, “I’ll love you again if you just change.”

“Freezing ice cubes were placed in his hands while he was shown pictures of men hugging – so that he would associate pain with intimacy between men,” reports the Daily Mail. “He was then repeatedly burned when shown similar images but untouched when images of men and women together were shown.

“The Month of Hell consisted of tiny needles being stuck into my fingers and then pictures of explicit acts between men would be shown and I’d be electrocuted,” Samuel Brinton stated.

!!!Canya gimme a Hallelujah for God's inspiration in curing this boy!!!! Send me an offering and I'll cure yours too!
that's not a definition. that's an anecdotal attempt at an appeal to absurdity and emotion rather than the topic

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:30 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
The Hutaree were acquitted.
Wii successfully got you all off the topic.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
No he didn't. I simply responded to the point about the Hutaree, they were acquitted of the charges.

BTW, isn't AFF the 'off-topic' place to be anyway? lol

Old 05-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
that's not a definition. that's an anecdotal attempt at an appeal to absurdity and emotion rather than the topic
The issue was this: Was the Quran divinely inspired or not. It is claimed it is not due to the actions of those who claim to practice Islam. It amuses me greatly, as you well know, to apply that same logic to christianity however there is no doubt from my side that the outlined laws in the bible handed to Moses WERE in fact divinely inspired.

The Quran, laws of the Quran, teachings of the Quran, description of how to conduct oneself in the Quran, all parallel the bible up to and through the time of Jesus.

After the gospels (which you know are believed to be partially suspect anyway due to their numerous inconsistancies which I recall you say are because different writers remember the event in a different light, which is understandable HOWEVER the inconsistancies themselves denote that they are not, in fact, divinely inspired) the two sets of beliefs diverge.

The issues that you as christians have with Islam and Islamic law are in fact issues that are peppered through your own bible and are similar to BUT less stringent.

It is my observation that if you have a problem with one, you must by default have a problem with the other which means that you have issues with divinely inspired laws. That is the fundamental difference between you and I.

Conclusion: If you say one is not divinely inspired then the other cannot be either. That leaves you with nothing inspired, the transition inconsistant, and the rest of it completely in conflict with the first and simply leaves us with a code that is at a minimum 2,400 years old and is the oldest living set of laws practiced by humanity on record.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
It was inadvertant.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
All this bantering back and forth about the problem(s) with Islam tend to miss the REAL problem - namely that it is NOT DIVINELY INSPIRED.

IF you believe the bible is the Word of God, then Islam is by definition a false religion. THAT is the real issue.

Just thought I'd mention that.
Quote:
The issue was this: Was the Quran divinely inspired or not. It is claimed it is not due to the actions of those who claim to practice Islam. It amuses me greatly, as you well know, to apply that same logic to christianity however there is no doubt from my side that the outlined laws in the bible handed to Moses WERE in fact divinely inspired.

The Quran, laws of the Quran, teachings of the Quran, description of how to conduct oneself in the Quran, all parallel the bible up to and through the time of Jesus.

After the gospels (which you know are believed to be partially suspect anyway due to their numerous inconsistancies which I recall you say are because different writers remember the event in a different light, which is understandable HOWEVER the inconsistancies themselves denote that they are not, in fact, divinely inspired) the two sets of beliefs diverge.

The issues that you as christians have with Islam and Islamic law are in fact issues that are peppered through your own bible and are similar to BUT less stringent.

It is my observation that if you have a problem with one, you must by default have a problem with the other which means that you have issues with divinely inspired laws. That is the fundamental difference between you and I.

Conclusion: If you say one is not divinely inspired then the other cannot be either. That leaves you with nothing inspired, the transition inconsistant, and the rest of it completely in conflict with the first and simply leaves us with a code that is at a minimum 2,400 years old and is the oldest living set of laws practiced by humanity on record.
that was NOT NOT NOT the issue. read the first post again. he did not introduce the actions of observers of any religion. you did