Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Mormonism 101
Facebook

Notices

Mormonism 101 Discuss Mormon doctrine, history, and practice

Old 02-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mormon Missionaries

Given the fact that the mormons don't believe the Bible...which I know you will say it is one four books they use but reality is that less than 1% of their teachings even reference the Bible. They only use it to try and mainstream themselves into christianity.

Given the fact that they believe that Jesus and the devil are brothers and given the fact that they believe that Jesus was just a man who lived a perfect life and thereby became of God and that we can obtain the same status

Given the fact that a large portion of their teachings are derived from masionic teachings, and given the fact of the multitude of secret rituals performed in their temples and the threatenings of death should they reveal what takes place in the temple.

Given the fact that they disown family should they leave the church...

And given the fact that I could go on and on and on, I think that the opinion that it is a demonic occult actually has nothing to do with pentecostal, non-pentecostal or anything else. It has everything to do with the fact that nothing - absolutely nothing in the mormon church is biblical.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:03 PM
pastorswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAK View Post
Regarding working to win missionaries... they have an accountability structure that is pretty severe. If one looks, acts, or expresses any interest... the other rats him out and he is shipped away.....

Resistence is futile.......

You will be assimilated......

I know of a couple MM that was talking to a man my husband use to work with. They lived in the same apartment complex. They sure didn't rat each other out, Instead of winning the sinner to their views, they went his way.
one day the man came to work beat up, the MM got a little to drunk and worked him over.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:28 PM
el-charis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryseeker View Post
Given the fact that the mormons don't believe the Bible...which I know you will say it is one four books they use but reality is that less than 1% of their teachings even reference the Bible. They only use it to try and mainstream themselves into christianity.

Given the fact that they believe that Jesus and the devil are brothers and given the fact that they believe that Jesus was just a man who lived a perfect life and thereby became of God and that we can obtain the same status

Given the fact that a large portion of their teachings are derived from masionic teachings, and given the fact of the multitude of secret rituals performed in their temples and the threatenings of death should they reveal what takes place in the temple.

Given the fact that they disown family should they leave the church...

And given the fact that I could go on and on and on, I think that the opinion that it is a demonic occult actually has nothing to do with pentecostal, non-pentecostal or anything else. It has everything to do with the fact that nothing - absolutely nothing in the mormon church is biblical.
As a former Mormon, now a Oneness Pentecostal! I will tell you that the Mormons 8th Article of Faith is "We believe the Book of Mormon is the Word of God, we also believe the Bible is the Word of God AS LONG AS IT IS TRANSLATED CORRECTLY!

There's one of your problems. Two missionaries came over one day an after talking to my husband who is now a young minister in our church, got them to admit that the B of M was changed over 3,000 times!

They told me they would not talk about the Godhead with him out of the bible.

Not only do they believe that Jesus and the devil were brothers. They believe Adam is Micheal the archangel!
God is flesh and blood, Jesus Christ (a God)is flesh and blood!
They'll tell you there is only One God, but in the Book of Alma Chapters 4 & 5 It says that the 'the Gods' created heaven and earth!

I will post contradictions later in their own Book of Mormon, D&C and PofGP.

I'll also post ways to witness to them later. My mom and a sister are still Mormons, but thank God 4 other sister and both of my brothers know it's false.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

Are they Utah mormons?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:57 AM
el-charis

No, I live in Texas. However, there is a UPC preacher who had a church in West Virginia, and handed it over to his older son b/c he felt God was calling him to Utah to try and start a church in Salt Lake City. Some people in the UPC said it could never be done.
Bro. Bounds is his name, he has already won over 100's of Mormon. I'm not sure if any were missionaries. But I am sure some were leaders. His younger son Bro. Aaron Bounds, preached at my church in Texas and testified about it. That was a year ago he probably has won more by now.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-charis View Post
No, I live in Texas. However, there is a UPC preacher who had a church in West Virginia, and handed it over to his older son b/c he felt God was calling him to Utah to try and start a church in Salt Lake City. Some people in the UPC said it could never be done.
Bro. Bounds is his name, he has already won over 100's of Mormon. I'm not sure if any were missionaries. But I am sure some were leaders. His younger son Bro. Aaron Bounds, preached at my church in Texas and testified about it. That was a year ago he probably has won more by now.
My inlaws are from a very small town (about 2,500 people) and 100% of the town is Mormon. Very difficult! Plus the fact that their genealogy findings make them direct decedents of Brigham Young.

However, we believe they will come to saving knowledge before it's too late
Old 03-29-2008, 04:40 PM
el-charis

That may me the case for most of them, but I am strongly working on those I live around. But I live in a small town, but I'm still doing my best!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:32 AM
stiney_<3

Talking Re: Mormon Missionaries

i agree. i have a lot of mormon friends that i try to witness to about the truth. i guess it's kind of sad to see how much evidence we have of what is right, and we can find verses in the bible against their "book of mormon", and yet no where can they say anything about the bible being wrong, because they are supposedly following the bible too.. if that makes sense.

but i have to say that it is more than satisfying when you finally get through to someone. i haven't won anyone yet, but i am working on it, and it seems to be looking well
Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

They used to come by my house but the chalk outline of the body on my front door step seems to keep them from ringing my bell....
Old 06-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
They used to come by my house but the chalk outline of the body on my front door step seems to keep them from ringing my bell....