Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-14-2018, 11:56 PM
Sister Alvear

YÁohu ulhÍm

Recently we had a pastor friend go into a doctrine that teaches that this is God's name? Can anyone help me to try to help them understand that this is not God's name?

This is what they sent me....
http://soaverdadetelibertara.blogspo...s-dos.html?m=1

Thanks for any thoughts along these lines...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 02-15-2018, 12:06 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: YÁohu ulhÍm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Recently we had a pastor friend go into a doctrine that teaches that this is God's name? Can anyone help me to try to help them understand that this is not God's name?

This is what they sent me....
http://soaverdadetelibertara.blogspo...s-dos.html?m=1

Thanks for any thoughts along these lines...
Your pastor friend is going Sacred Name in a big way.

Is this pastor an Apostolic?
Old 02-15-2018, 12:54 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

ANOTHER item on the sacred name menu?

Yahweh. Yahuah. Yahvah. Yahveh. Iahu. Iabe. Yahuwahu. Now Yaohu?

How is this not CONFUSION?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-15-2018, 01:40 AM
Sister Alvear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Your pastor friend is going Sacred Name in a big way.

Is this pastor an Apostolic?

Yes he was...This group has "documents" so they say to prove their Sacred Name...

Old 02-15-2018, 04:30 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
ANOTHER item on the sacred name menu?

Yahweh. Yahuah. Yahvah. Yahveh. Iahu. Iabe. Yahuwahu. Now Yaohu?

How is this not CONFUSION?
Is this a deception to divide the body of Christ even further?
Old 02-15-2018, 05:13 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yes he was...This group has "documents" so they say to prove their Sacred Name...
Does he still believe the New Testament?
Or does this group believe that the New Testament was incorrectly translated from Hebrew to Greek? What Portuguese translation do they use?
Old 02-15-2018, 06:05 AM
Sister Alvear

He uses Joao Almeida translation. I would say that he still believe the NT. He told me the name of the son is not Jesus....so sad....I sent him a few things that I have but he seems headstrong in that doctrine....II wish I could help him....

Old 02-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Sorry, I just looked at the website again you posted. They believe that the New Testament was originally written in Hebrew. Sister is this group causing you guys some issues? This isn't the first time you posted this on the forum? Are you are looking to take these guys on in a debate? Are you looking to teach your church family and ministers to square off with these chaps? I don't suggest that you, your husband, or your saints get involved in any hair pulling contest with these people. I'll tell you why later, but first the New Testament was originally written in Greek. It wasn't originally penned in Hebrew. We not only have no physical evidence of a Hebrew New Testament, but surrounding historical evidence, is pretty slim. Internally, the New Testament quotes from not only Aramaic Targums, but a Hebrew and Greek translation of the Old Testament which predates the Masoretic text. Jesus quoted from the Septuagint LXX, The Isaiah scroll He read in His home town, was a portion from the Septuagint. Jesus came from a place called Galilee of the Gentiles. Greek was the language of world commerce, Latin was the language of the Western Roman Empire, while Greek was spoken in the near east and middle eastern part of the Roman empire. Keep in mind that in Egypt, Cleopatra was a Greek/Egyptian. Alexandria held the largest concentration of Judeans outside of Judea. Jesus is taken to Egypt when He was young and lived amongst the Diaspora Judeans who spoke Greek. Sepphoris Σέπφωρις was located in walking distance from Nazareth. Where Jesus and His family needed to go for commerce. This town was an administrative center for the Roman Empire. I said all that to say this, Jesus lived in an extremely Hellenized Romanized Middle East. Jesus told emphatically that His message of the Gospel was to be preached in all the world. This definitely couldn't be achieved in Aramaic, definitely not in Hebrew. It had to be achieved in the world language of Greek. The language of commerce, and eastern Roman government.

We have a library of documents called the New Testament originally penned in Greek, quoting 300 times a Greek Old Testament. Sacred Name, "some" Yeshuaites, and Hebrew Rootists believe that the New Testament can only be understood in a Hebrew or Aramaic form. They place like Gee Haw witnesses a "sacred name" into the New Testament, with the skewed understanding that "well, Yeshua had to of spoken Hebrew! He was a Jew." We have young people and adults who can't speak a word of Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, or Greek. Their parents speak the language, but never felt to teach it to their children. Or since their children were "Americanized" they didn't see any point for them to learn their once native tongue. Yet, I know many Spanish, Brazilian, Italians, and Greeks who can speak at least two languages. The language of their nativity, and the language of where they currently live. Some very fluent, some not so fluent, to some getting by with just enough.

Jesus was a Judean, He spoke Aramaic, Greek, Hebrew, and very, very likely Latin. His world was a cosmopolitan world which had commercial traders from the entire Roman empire funnel through it. Jesus read from a Greek Old Testament which the book of Joshua was entitled Ἰησοῦς/Jesus. The name of Jesus is preserved for over 2,000 years in Greek. In the country you currently live the people have been calling Jesus, Jesus since 16th century?
Calling God, Deus since the 16th century. So, now some Johnny come lately Yaohu is supposed to replace what we have spoken for thousands of years? Jesus now not only hid this information from us for thousands of years, but His New Testament documents aren't even correct? These documents couldn't even get His name right? We are supposed to believe that the rest of the documents are therefore sound, and correct? No, sister, the Hebrew Rootist doesn't get to have his Păo de queijo and eat it too. Because his ideology works against him. If the name of God has been wrong in Portuguese, and in the original Greek? Then my dear sister, you HAVE NO NEW TESTAMENT.

So, in the immortal words of Elder Steven Epley "these guys can't even order a hot dog in Hebrew." Seriously,here you have a group of people who were probably taught that the Hebrew was God's main focus. They had a Hebrew God, a Hebrew Christ, as nice warm water. They floated around being told that one day God would restore Israel complete with its language. So, why so surprised when you start seeing Dispensationalists go native? Want to start calling the books of the Bible in Hebrew, the days of the months Hebrew, the months Hebrew. Apostles Hebrew names, the books of the New Testament Hebrew names. Since it is a snowball effect, and I strongly suggest your people steer clear of this group. No debates are necessary, because they are troublemakers who now view you and the apostolic people as messed up and daughters of the Catholic church.

I have watched this movement barbeque congregations. All because the congregations were already pumped and primed to accept the Yahwist message.

It hurts, but prayer and teaching your saints is the only way to stop the spread of the Medieval Anti-Missionaries message against Christ.

I will be keeping you all in prayer.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:37 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
He uses Joao Almeida translation.
Wow, the Portuguese KJV. It has Jesus Cristo? It calls God, Deus. Therefore your pastor acquaintance has to now come up with his own translation. Sister, sorry about your once friend. But sadly, he is slipping into darkness.

Quote:
I would say that he still believe the NT.
Well, he is no longer afforded that luxury. Because he has now admitted to the free thinking world around him that for 500 years in Portuguese, and over 2,000 years in Greek it was all banged up. Hey, they couldn't even get the Messiah's name right? How are we expected to believe the rest of the story isn't pieced together to fit some Roman Catholic conspiracy? Oh, but the Rabbis are the ones to come and save the day? They will have us sit at their feet while they teach us the Truth about the New Testament. Sister Alvear, I am so sorry for your friend.

Quote:
He told me the name of the son is not Jesus.
Well, too bad, because he has unknowingly opened a can O worms.
A virtual Judaic Pandora's box which he doesn't have the sense to shut. Oh, maybe he will come out of all this with his belief system kinda Christian. But the rest of the group? Sorry, but usually the followers and those who are on the fringe of this group, don't fair too well.

Quote:
....so sad....I sent him a few things that I have but he seems headstrong in that doctrine.
Sister don't send him anything, but prayers. He looks at you as a Roman Catholic Neanderthal dragging your GENTILE knuckles through the dirt. Anything you send him is gentile papal propaganda. He sees you, and us as the problem, not the solution. How long has he been a "pastor?"

Quote:
...II wish I could help him....
That's a nice thought, but one that can only come through prayer and love.
He has to help himself. He must realize that the whole sacred name issue is just a word jumble. He has to figure out that Jesus' name in Greek isn't some twisted plot of a Jesuit ghoul looking to supplant true Christianity. That everything Hebrew isn't heavenly divine. He has to come to that understanding. How old is he?

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 02-15-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:01 AM
Sister Alvear

Brother, Can you write me a Bible study to send him...No I am not going to debate him...but at least by sending a Bible study I can feel like I have tried to help but mostly I want a good study to help others that he is contacting....thank you...