Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Incredible India

Re: GNCM Conference @ Christ Church Nashville

MOW thank you for all the updates!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Jack Hayford speaking?
He's not even saved!
Are other sinners and children of satan going to be preaching too?

j/k
Quote:
Did he say people are saved without the Holy Ghost or did he say people are saved without being baptized in the Holy Ghost?
Dino Rizzo also spoke and had a great message! Jack Hayford spoke with the humility and the wisdom of the patriarch he is. We were blessed as he spoke and he will be preaching tonight. Didn't talk about the necessity of the HGB, because that wasn't his topic! LOL He spoke on 2 Cor. 10, spiritual warfare. It was different than I had ever heard it before. EXTREMLY beneficial!!!

Last edited by rgcraig; 09-15-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
MOW thank you for all the updates!
You're welcome. Sorry you guys couldn't make it!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Jack Hayford speaking?
He's not even saved!
Are other sinners and children of satan going to be preaching too?

j/k
What I understand Jack Hayford is a full gospel guy, believes that every person needs to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. I think he left off where David Duplessis left off, a great Ambassador to the Church at large about the Baptism of the Spirit.

Oh, he is also a personal friend of Kenneth Haney.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

It was great to meet Man of Word and see Sherri again tonight! Great folks!

Dr. Hayford preached a masterpiece called, "The Deal is Still On!"

A big-time UPCI preacher was in attendance!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Administrator

I really hate I missed getting to hear Jack Hayford in person. I was really looking forward to it. Every time I have heard him it has always been a blessing. I will have to get the CD and hopefully CC will have the webcast archived.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Honorary Admin

What an incredible evening! Jack Hayford preached a "pearl" of a sermon. Once again, the altar was FULL! This is some of the best preaching I have heard for a LONG time!

What a privilege to meet Mr. Steinway!! What a great bubbly personality he has! If I was buying a piano, he'd have me sold! Got to hang out with him and Sherri for a while. Also met a BIG time UPC preacher there tonight. Also had a pastor come up to me from TX who said that he knew me. I had never met him but he said that he was a lurker on AFF and had ready many threads and posts!

So far, this has been a time of great enriching for me and the minister and wife who came with me!

Sorry I don't have any pics. I just keep forgetting about it.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I really hate I missed getting to hear Jack Hayford in person. I was really looking forward to it. Every time I have heard him it has always been a blessing. I will have to get the CD and hopefully CC will have the webcast archived.
Sorry we didn't get to meet you as well! We have been keeping you and your family in prayer!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Christmas 2009

I met two AFF lurkers at the conference - I won't reveal them, because evidently they don't want to be known, at least for now. It was also (as always) good to see Mr. Steinway and MOW. I really missed seeing CC1 and wondered why he wasn't there, until I read about his mom this morning.

It's been wonderful preaching, but this morning I'm playing hooky. Eddie got up and went with Jeff Butler and I stayed in the room - having some issues with sore throat.

I have been totally impressed with Global this time. We haven't been invovled at all for over three years, because there were just a lot of issues at the time and we didn't feel like it was something we needed to be a part of. Nothing bad, just that it didn't seem to be beneficial. But, the feel is really different now - and I imagine we will join back up after this conference. Scott Jones has done a tremendous job as interim Chairman. It was so good to reconnect with so many people this week!

The one thing that surprised me was the number of UPC people who attended - some shocked me, but other didn't. It was refreshing to see everyone worshiping together in unity.

Tonight, the Butlers, Goldsberrys and Nortons are heading back to Jackson with us for service - Jeff is preaching. Then we are all going to a lake house nearby that belongs to someone in our church, and hanging out for a few days. That will be fun and relaxing for all of us!
Old 09-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Christmas 2009

Well, Tami and I were paid back for skipping the conference service this morning. We left around 9 to head to Panera for breakfast, and had a flat tire!!! Of course we are totally clueless what to do and it was pouring down rain, so we ended up sitting in the parking lot for about an hour laughing our heads off. We didn't know what else to do, and we couldn't get ahold of our husbands, who were being holy and actually were in church.

Plus we were in a rental car. Finally we called Enterprise and they had us call AAA and they came and put on this scrawny little donut tire for a temporary fix.

All in all, we had a great time in Nashville! I think next year it will be at Christ Life Church in Phoenix!