Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:16 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
I love AFF and the people that post here. It's a great place to hang out.
How's your husband??

Old 05-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
I love AFF and the people that post here. It's a great place to hang out.
I love you Unregistered
Old 05-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Cooper, I think!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
YEP I agreed that multiple ownership is all good
BUt tina Do we really want to get into what REEEEAALLLY Closed Nfcf?? Do we really want to go there ??? what closed nfcf did not really take place on Nfcf hello. please don't pin that on the rest of us.
thank you
Old 05-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
Share your thoughts with us!!! We want to hear your feedback!!!

How is AFF doing???
Of the three (FCF, NFCF and AFF), I like AFF the best by far! I think that in the friendlier, less confrontational environment we have here, people have grown to know each other better and to care about one another more deeply. We can disagree now, and that's fine, but people are aware now that they are talking with other human beings who have feelings just like they do themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I think it's better than NFCF and FCF, but you need to remember that certain prominent posters that seemed to always be in the center of controversy are no long part of the posting family. That has gone a long way in keeping AFF a more peaceful kinda place. Plus, I think people have grown tired of constantly bickering over the same issues because there just doesn't seem to be as much in the way of standards talk as there used to be. But, the libs still get a chance to jab at the cons and vice versa, which is always fun. So, overall, me thinks I like it here.
You've made an important point here, Rico. I agree that in the past we've bickered over standards and other issues to the point that we've run them into the ground. We know that we aren't likely to change each other's minds about certain things. So let's move on. Enjoy and appreciate each other for who we are and where we are in our walks with God. Nothing wrong with good healthy discussion on these things, but I think most here have learned to do it tempered with love, for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
I have ahd multiple Threads stopped, locked , deleted. Nfcf offered more freedom in that regard
Umm, Thad, have you considered that there might be a very good reason for that? If it only happened once or twice, you might say that Admin jumped the gun. But when it happens over and over, perhaps they have a legitimate reason. JMHO

Quote:
Just a few questions to consider:
  • do you see that people are more respectful of others here on AFF?
  • do you see any glaring problems or flaws with how AFF has grown?
  • does AFF's environment seem to encourage the arrival of new posters?
  • do you think enough of AFF as a forum to mention it in passing to a friend?
  • are there some pieces of the "big picture" puzzle that AFF is currently missing?
  • what are some innovative ideas that could help us seperate ourselves from other forums?
*yes
*no
*I think AFF is very welcoming to new posters. Altho I do think that alot of that depends on the poster themself. If they come on here like a house afire, well, maybe we step back and put up our guard for a while. But that's just human nature.
*yes, I mention AFF to friends all the time. Sometimes you should see the looks I get when I mention "my forum"
*I don't know what innovative ideas separate us, but I do have a question about this cooling down area? I dont' get how that works? If you are relegated to that place, is that the ONLY place you are ABLE to post??
Quote:
I think most agreed that most safety and mutual respect was a higher priority to them at the cost of "a little less" posting liberties/freedom.... for those that spoke up on the "old AFF site".... is that still true for you today??? has AFF become a bit more "friendly" as the result of a bit tighter moderation???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
And we see that much freedom ended with a closed forum, because people took advantage of the "freedom" they were given.

Multiple owners is a guarantee that no one person can walk away and close this forum. That is a GOOD thing.

Moderation isn't always a bad thing. I'd much rather have a place with moderation, than something where "anything goes" and it ends up being a bloodbath. If people were able to have a little more self control/self moderation, there wouldn't be so much admin intervention. JMHO.
Amen, well-said, Tina
Old 05-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
He did a great job at what is already being discussed among the owners on what direction to continue or point the board.

The fact we allow it to continue openly, even letting those like Monkeyface give negative feedback shows some of the open door found here with the Admin Team we have.
If you don't have negative feedback...it would be a gooey mess...

The reason we as human beings don't wallow in a pool of plasma is because the negative pressure of the atmosphere - the air around us resists our internal pressure...it supports us and keeps us together...can be good, a little negativity can...
Old 05-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Communion at AFF

For the record, Unregistered and ADMIN have been doing a swell job...
Old 05-30-2007, 12:31 PM
WordPreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubayou View Post
Thanks Cooper, I think!
North of I-10 is good.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
For the record, Unregistered and ADMIN have been doing a swell job...
wHY THANKS!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Superheros are evil...