Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 01-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
He is much improved... the addition of a good Canadian Queen to his castle has made him a much better man and man of God! He is now complete.

Houma is doing well. He came up to preach for us a little before Christmas and was his usual anointed self in the pulpit and his usual rascally self out of it.

Since you know LAGirl, you also probably know my niece, Alisa Corkern and her brood!
yes..married life will tend to do that to us. i haven't seen him in years though. wow...small world. yes i know alisa & her blond brood. she needs a pretty little brunette girl to even the score! i sure miss having them around. they came and sang out our tent revival last april. oh no phil..there has been some speculation that lagirl and i were pretending to be friends....it is possible i am making all this up! lol!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:58 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedLou View Post
yes..married life will tend to do that to us. i haven't seen him in years though. wow...small world. yes i know alisa & her blond brood. she needs a pretty little brunette girl to even the score! i sure miss having them around. they came and sang out our tent revival last april. oh no phil..there has been some speculation that lagirl and i were pretending to be friends....it is possible i am making all this up! lol!
News... Unfortunately, Alisa will never be able to have the little girl she always longed for. Her only option will be adoption going forward. I grieve for her every time she is around my curly haired brunette 2 year old grand daughter. When she says she is jealous of Olivia... you have no doubt that it is true.

Here is my granddaughter for reference sake

I am supposed to be going up to Choudrant to preach from Bro. Wise some time in the future... just not sure when it will be.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
News... Unfortunately, Alisa will never be able to have the little girl she always longed for.

awww...that is sad to hear. your g'daughter is a cutie. i'm sure she is by no means wrapped around your little finger.

I am supposed to be going up to Choudrant to preach from Bro. Wise some time in the future... just not sure when it will be.
i don't know why i keep thinking ruston...do u know if bro oddo (spelling?) is still there? last i heard they weren't upc but not sure if he has another church or what. i think alisa said bro wise church was aljc? i can't remember.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:05 PM
philjones

Quote:
i don't know why i keep thinking ruston...do u know if bro oddo (spelling?) is still there? last i heard they weren't upc but not sure if he has another church or what. i think alisa said bro wise church was aljc? i can't remember.
I don't know about Ruston or if Bro. Oddo is still there.

The church in Choudrant is ALJC and Bro. Wise is the District Secretary.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

i used to go to bro oddo's some when i lived over there going to Tech. they were very nice people. very friendly. never been to bro wise's. is it very big?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:22 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Brother Phil, I did not know that about Alisa! Mrs Ferd will also be sad to hear it.

SavedLou, last I heard Brother Oddo was in Ruston and was out of the UPCI. As I understand it, Jonathan Foster (of the west monroe fosters) was his assistant. my information is about a year old or so.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Brother Phil, I did not know that about Alisa! Mrs Ferd will also be sad to hear it.

SavedLou, last I heard Brother Oddo was in Ruston and was out of the UPCI. As I understand it, Jonathan Foster (of the west monroe fosters) was his assistant. my information is about a year old or so.
yeah mine too...didn't know foster was his assistant though. when i used to go there they had already been through a lot of changes-upc then out then back in when i was there but they got a lot of criticism b/c the avg UPC person would visit and say "they are going charismatic" but they had soooo many visitiors/new converts that was why. sad b/c i heard a wise preacher say one time to look around your church and if there weren't people there that didn't look like u something was wrong...means there's no growth. since i hadn't been there in a few years i wasn't sure what was going on in ruston.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Da Evangelist

Quote:
is the NCO another organization or more like a theology? the site leaves room for speculation. i actually live near shreveport. what is faith tab now-non-denom? i'm a little confused...why exactly did JS leave the UPC? standards as a whole or lots of things? not being critical...just curious. all this is pretty new to me...just trying to stay abreast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGirl View Post
arent you full of questions for a newbie!!! WELCOME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorD View Post
Someone might be willing to answer, but as for me I am scared of T1. He gets a little sensitive with Q's like these.

I ain't scared, I will begin the scripture and you will know the rest of it.

"Because they received not a LOVE for the truth, God gave......"
Old 01-04-2008, 11:24 AM
GO CUBBIES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShofarMan View Post
Come on ladies. ROFLOL. Newbie to Newbie. That was (AND STILL IS) an OBVIOUS and ORCHESTRATED thread hijacking.

SL your "friend" LaG coached you well. Kudos.
coached her.....lol lol now that was funny!!! i had NO IDEA she was on here until she PMed me and told me!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:26 AM
GO CUBBIES!

Quote:
that's so great to hear...in this day and age it's nice to see couples who really are a team and who truly love each other. my husband and i talk about how we feel sorry for people trapped in love-less marriages. not supposed to be that way. i am married to my best friend and it is a VERY comforting feeling. and a major blessing.
BUT HE IS A BRAVES FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!