Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Praise Report

Praise the Lord Brothers and Sisters! I am so thankful that the Lord has kept my husband and I safe. Twice since we have lived here in Phoenix the devil has tried to take my life. The 2nd time was last weekend my husband and I were traveling back home from visiting my sons who live out of the state. The Lord had put on my heart to call the church and have them pray for us since we would not make it to the Sunday morning Service, and would be traveling. (I was hoping to make it back in time for the evening service, but we didn't) Well sometime between 6pm and 7pm we were about 30-45 minutes away from home when we came close to having a head-on collision with a big truck. ( a semi, I think) I was so thankful after I realized what had almost happened. It amazes me how many times the Lord has delivered me from circumstances and saved me from the hand of the enemy! Praise the Lord!
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me- Psalm 51:10

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ- Phillipians 1:6

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31

1 Corinthians 13:1-8
Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 AM
Registered Member

Re: Praise Report

Praise Jesus!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctclady11 View Post
Praise the Lord Brothers and Sisters! I am so thankful that the Lord has kept my husband and I safe. Twice since we have lived here in Phoenix the devil has tried to take my life. The 2nd time was last weekend my husband and I were traveling back home from visiting my sons who live out of the state. The Lord had put on my heart to call the church and have them pray for us since we would not make it to the Sunday morning Service, and would be traveling. (I was hoping to make it back in time for the evening service, but we didn't) Well sometime between 6pm and 7pm we were about 30-45 minutes away from home when we came close to having a head-on collision with a big truck. ( a semi, I think) I was so thankful after I realized what had almost happened. It amazes me how many times the Lord has delivered me from circumstances and saved me from the hand of the enemy! Praise the Lord!
Praise God for a good report. What a great God we serve.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

I had something similiar Sister happen over the holidays. A semi (cab only) spun out in front of us. There was a semi behind him and then us. The semi in front of us saw what was happening and stopped. We could see the smoke from the first truck cab. He completely spun around and was faced headed back in the lane we were in. We all stopped and he turned back around in his proper lane and went on down the road. Had we have been directly behind the spun out cab, we could have hit him and the semi would have possibly plowed into us. It went in slow motion as we began to call on the Name of Jesus. Very frightening but good to know the Lord.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:15 PM
of 8!! :)

Love praise reports!
Thank the Lord for His protection!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:47 PM
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14

beautiful report!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 PM
On the road less traveled

Thankful that the Lord has his hand of protection on you! "Almost" having an accident is something that will really shake you up.

My husband was driving on a very busy interstate just a couple of weeks ago. The interstate was under construction, and a car traveling several cars in front of him lost control, and hit the concrete divider. She spun around into traffic. An 18-wheeler was just in front of her, there several cars behind her, and then my husband. She hit the concrete barrier on the opposite side of the road, and then came to a stop back where she originally hit the first concrete barrier, without hitting anyone else. All traffic had come to a halt, and no one hit her. My husband called to tell me that he just saw GOD in action! He said he thought for sure she was going to be incredibly hurt or dead. However, as the dust settled, she and her kids emerged from the vehicle okay. My husband said she must have wore out some angels to have spun around in traffic like she had, and come away unharmed.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Thankful that the Lord has his hand of protection on you! "Almost" having an accident is something that will really shake you up.

My husband was driving on a very busy interstate just a couple of weeks ago. The interstate was under construction, and a car traveling several cars in front of him lost control, and hit the concrete divider. She spun around into traffic. An 18-wheeler was just in front of her, there several cars behind her, and then my husband. She hit the concrete barrier on the opposite side of the road, and then came to a stop back where she originally hit the first concrete barrier, without hitting anyone else. All traffic had come to a halt, and no one hit her. My husband called to tell me that he just saw GOD in action! He said he thought for sure she was going to be incredibly hurt or dead. However, as the dust settled, she and her kids emerged from the vehicle okay. My husband said she must have wore out some angels to have spun around in traffic like she had, and come away unharmed.
She probably had a praying Mom & Dad or Grandparents. She got a miracle. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Wonderful!!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE JESUS View Post
I had something similiar Sister happen over the holidays. A semi (cab only) spun out in front of us. There was a semi behind him and then us. The semi in front of us saw what was happening and stopped. We could see the smoke from the first truck cab. He completely spun around and was faced headed back in the lane we were in. We all stopped and he turned back around in his proper lane and went on down the road. Had we have been directly behind the spun out cab, we could have hit him and the semi would have possibly plowed into us. It went in slow motion as we began to call on the Name of Jesus. Very frightening but good to know the Lord.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me- Psalm 51:10

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ- Phillipians 1:6

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31

1 Corinthians 13:1-8