Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: I ask you to accept me

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Atkinson View Post
I present to you a prime example of why people hate Christianity. Ain't there a scripture about "letting your speech be seasoned with salt."?
You want to be all superior go ahead. I have no idea who you are, I don't hide behind screen names. I'm stupid that way..
Really? so if a Pagan acts like a jerk that's a good reason to hate paganism?

BTW Im not implying that person nor you or anyone else acted like a jerk, but just pointing out that just because someone calls themselves X and acts like a jerk is no reason to hate the whole.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
I make no apologies. Nothing in the Wiccan religion says turn the other cheek, I respect true Christians. I will treat you respectfully and I expect the same in return. I am here because I wish to reconnect with friends, not re-engage enemies.
Ah...a little more info. So you joined Wicca?

Nuts..when you said old gods, I was thinking Norse gods...I kinda figured you for one of them

For some reason Odin came to mind when you said "old gods"

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
my lord my lord the man is claiming he worships devils. his circumstances do not matter.
Technically HE did not claim that

It's our view that what people worship when they do worship gods are in
fact devils

Old 07-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Mama to four little angels.

John,

Hi. It's been a few years since we've talked, even more since we met.

First, I want to admit that reading this thread has left me feeling stunned. Second, I'll get over it.

Third, I did leave Christianity and go into Paganism. If you ever want to talk, I'm more than available. I remember the emptiness I found within Christianity and the search for something more. Even more than that, I remember the depth of satisfaction and fulfillment I found within witchcraft. It completed me in a way nothing before had ever come close to. It kept me alive during a very dark time of my life. Now that I'm in counseling, I see even more clearly how much practicing witchcraft influenced me in a positive direction. It gave me a foundation, it provided support, structure, meaning and a richness of life I'd never found before.

Fourth, I did have an encounter with God that I could not ignore. It turned my entire world upside and continues to do so. I promise, if you do take me up on my offer, that my words wouldn't be empty repetitions of words and stories you already know. Anything I might say would come from a place of deep gratitude for the things God has done in my life. If you can accept that, I can more than accept your need to explore and discover. Mostly, I don't know if you have a safe place you can process everything...if you have a need to...how long you've been on this path, anything. I *can* be a safe person for you to talk to if you need one.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 07-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkoe View Post
John,

Hi. It's been a few years since we've talked, even more since we met.

First, I want to admit that reading this thread has left me feeling stunned. Second, I'll get over it.

Third, I did leave Christianity and go into Paganism. If you ever want to talk, I'm more than available. I remember the emptiness I found within Christianity and the search for something more. Even more than that, I remember the depth of satisfaction and fulfillment I found within witchcraft. It completed me in a way nothing before had ever come close to. It kept me alive during a very dark time of my life. Now that I'm in counseling, I see even more clearly how much practicing witchcraft influenced me in a positive direction. It gave me a foundation, it provided support, structure, meaning and a richness of life I'd never found before.

Fourth, I did have an encounter with God that I could not ignore. It turned my entire world upside and continues to do so. I promise, if you do take me up on my offer, that my words wouldn't be empty repetitions of words and stories you already know. Anything I might say would come from a place of deep gratitude for the things God has done in my life. If you can accept that, I can more than accept your need to explore and discover. Mostly, I don't know if you have a safe place you can process everything...if you have a need to...how long you've been on this path, anything. I *can* be a safe person for you to talk to if you need one.
So where are you now? Do you serve God through Jesus Christ? Or are you in witchcraft now?
Old 07-06-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So where are you now? Do you serve God through Jesus Christ? Or are you in witchcraft now?
Reread my post.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 07-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkoe View Post
Reread my post.
I know how to read. It left me feeling confused. Please explain point 4 a bit more clearly. Who or what is God to you NOW?
Old 07-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If I did, would I be here?
J/K John.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 07-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yeah, one and the same, the hardcore uber-Pentecostal standards or death guy who realized he was hurting people more than helping them. Here saying sorry, I was wrong.
Many of us did the same. Welcome to the other side.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 07-06-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
To the OP,

Having already lived in that world for a number of years, in which I summoned, channeled, and was even occasionally possessed by the masters you now say you serve, I can only tell you:

You have exchanged hope and peace for misery and lawlessness.

You are going to meet a devil you wish you never knew existed, and there will be hell to pay.

Perhaps God will grant you repentance if you will but humble yourself. He takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked; rather His pleasure is in the wicked's return unto Him (Ezekiel 18:23).
I'm sorry that you have yet to discover the amazing richness of God's grace. I hope that discovery comes soon, and that the extension of grace towards others that flows from it amazes you in its intensity.