Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarian Pentecostalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Please do start that thread. I would enjoy the discourse.
Okay, give me a few moments ...
Old 08-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Please do start that thread. I would enjoy the discourse.
Yes, as enjoyable as licking razors blades and washing your eyes out with a fresh ripe ghost pepper.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Recently, my cousin and her husband had their baby dedicated at a unbranded Church of God (Cleveland) church not too far from my house. We've been there a few times, mostly for lunches and special services possibly set-aside for my family that goes there, such as their birthdays, or a life celebration for my Granny shortly before she passed.

Any way, the people there are pretty nice, and the pastor especially seems to be connected with God. I remember talking to him at the hospice house one evening and him saying about how he has a lot of family members in different Oneness churches. At one point in the conversation, he said that he had a nephew that told him he'd come and join his church if he baptized in Jesus' name. In a nutshell, he said they just didn't do that.

It's rather difficult for me to believe that this gentleman hasn't seen Oneness. If he genuinely received the Holy Ghost and continued to diligently seek God, then I cannot see how God hasn't shown him the revelation of Jesus. I fear that maybe he as seen it, but has a fear of preaching it because his church might fracture, and half of the members fall out and go elsewhere.

I recall a discussion with my Pastor on different denominations and their speaking in tongues and the Holy Ghost. He seems to more or less agree with what I've said in the paragraph prior, but also shared his thoughts that God has never called anyone to preach a false gospel.

I know many in the Apostolic realm are divided on Trinitarian Christians and their receiving the Holy Ghost. I don't doubt that they can genuinely receive it, but I do doubt its staying with them after their refusal to accept certain essential truths. Now, I do understand that accepting certain fundamentals can be difficult for some, but if they don't go forth in said truths, then I do believe the genuine Spirit will eventually leave them. Same goes for us Apostolic people, too. If we don't move forward, we quench God.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:28 PM
Vipers

I visited a Church of God in 2007. I did raise the topic briefly with then pastor Johnny Carr. He stated that he had members of his church that were ex UPC. He did say that if he saw Oneness that he would preach it. He just didn’t see it that way. He did consider me his brother in Christ.

https://decherdchurchofgod.com/
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Adrian View Post
Recently, my cousin and her husband had their baby dedicated at a unbranded Church of God (Cleveland) church not too far from my house. We've been there a few times, mostly for lunches and special services possibly set-aside for my family that goes there, such as their birthdays, or a life celebration for my Granny shortly before she passed.

Any way, the people there are pretty nice, and the pastor especially seems to be connected with God. I remember talking to him at the hospice house one evening and him saying about how he has a lot of family members in different Oneness churches. At one point in the conversation, he said that he had a nephew that told him he'd come and join his church if he baptized in Jesus' name. In a nutshell, he said they just didn't do that.

It's rather difficult for me to believe that this gentleman hasn't seen Oneness. If he genuinely received the Holy Ghost and continued to diligently seek God, then I cannot see how God hasn't shown him the revelation of Jesus. I fear that maybe he as seen it, but has a fear of preaching it because his church might fracture, and half of the members fall out and go elsewhere.

I recall a discussion with my Pastor on different denominations and their speaking in tongues and the Holy Ghost. He seems to more or less agree with what I've said in the paragraph prior, but also shared his thoughts that God has never called anyone to preach a false gospel.

I know many in the Apostolic realm are divided on Trinitarian Christians and their receiving the Holy Ghost. I don't doubt that they can genuinely receive it, but I do doubt its staying with them after their refusal to accept certain essential truths. Now, I do understand that accepting certain fundamentals can be difficult for some, but if they don't go forth in said truths, then I do believe the genuine Spirit will eventually leave them. Same goes for us Apostolic people, too. If we don't move forward, we quench God.
God is always with you. God is with you in the bad times and good times. He will not leave you.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I visited a Church of God in 2007. I did raise the topic briefly with then pastor Johnny Carr. He stated that he had members of his church that were ex UPC. He did say that if he saw Oneness that he would preach it. He just didnít see it that way. He did consider me his brother in Christ.

https://decherdchurchofgod.com/
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive if he sees, accepts, and preaches Oneness, the Church of God will defrock him. I could be wrong, but I know of a man who was denied credentials with the Church of God because he baptizes in Jesus' name.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

I know (or know of) some "ex-UPC" people that are with the Assemblies of God now.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:37 PM
Vipers

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive if he sees, accepts, and preaches Oneness, the Church of God will defrock him. I could be wrong, but I know of a man who was denied credentials with the Church of God because he baptizes in Jesus' name.
I donít know. Matters not now. He has passed.
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
That is to be expected. The Oneness organizations would defrock him he baptized in Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

The video reminded me of my childhood. I was raised in the Church of God (Cleveland) and received the Holy Ghost as a child. I can testify I still have the same Holy Ghost today.
I was baptized in Jesus name in 1983. That was a source of concern for many in my family.
I have family who love the Lord and having given their lives to ministry; however, they reject the oneness of God and Jesus name baptism. My grandfather who pastored and started many COG churches tried to show me the "error" in believing the Oneness doctrine, but truth prevailed. Many in my family are pastoring COG churches today and some are in the missionary field and one is married to the previous General Overseer.
Do I think they are going to hell? Years ago I feared they would, but I have matured and realized that God is a merciful God. I trust in His mercy and love.
All I can do is love them and pray they receive the revelation of this truth.